750 pt Combat Patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

750 pt Combat Patrol

Hello one and all! This is a list I was going over for an upcoming king of the hill competition, my opponents will be chaos and either marines or Nids. Please let me know any thoughts.

Elite:

8x Harlies, 6x Kisses, SS
    198 pts

Troops:

10x DA, Exarch w/ Dual Cats, BS
    152 pts

10x DA, Exarch w/ PW + SS, BS, Defend
    177 pts

Fast Attack:

8x spiders, Exarch w/ Dual Spinners, Powerblades, Withdraw
    218 pts

total: 745 pts

I figure that fleet will let me get to the objective early. From there I can shoot up anyone coming in with blade storming avengers and spiders, tarpit the remainder with the defensive DA squad and mop up with the harlies.

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like this list.... a LOT. For a 750 combat partol it is almost perfect. You have a solid CC unit, enough shots with the bs dire avengers to wipe out a a squad or two, and the spiders are good for hitting the light armour allowed in combat patrol. You might want to get a death jester in their for some attempted pinning (not always usefull though). The only thing I dont like is the whole "patrol" fluff about it. None of the models except maybe the warspiders fit as "patrols". Sure they look like they will work very very good, but I would personally put some fluff into it. Like the war walkers, they're scouts and very fluffy for combat patrol.

My list is all jetbikes.
    Guardian Jetbikes and Shining spears. I just chose them because I can make them fluffy as hell. Fast infantry scouting ahead of the army bulk using their ability to haul major Arse to their advantage.

I really like the list, try it a few times and tell me how it goes.

You might have trouble with marines, just overwhelm them with shots from your DA and get the harlies into CC quick. Chaos will be very hard in any situation, I'd suggest playing against some chaos as much as you can before the tourny.

Against nids, you have a horde of guants in the bag, but you will probly have trouble against a lot of warriors.
    Last edited by desolatemm; April 22nd, 2008 at 23:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice one

this looks like an excellent list, though it occurs to me that you only have four units, and all cost over 150 pts, you could've included a couple of ranger squads in retribution for that second DA squad and a couple of kisses, which gives this force another unit, more shootiness for both your CC/Intercept units to safeguard and more of a 'patrol' feel to it.

Atmos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Hi IA, not seen your lists for a while,
    not sure what rules you are using, there are clearly some twists as the list doesnt have a HQ, is there a ban on vehicles? I ask because you appear to lack reasonable first round AT weaponry,

that asside you should be ok against assault armies, bit more concerned about good shooting armies, they can stand off and outrange and pour fire into you, you cant afford to sit on top the hill and take it cos you wont last, so you would be forced to chase them, vacating the objective
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Hi IA, not seen your lists for a while,
    not sure what rules you are using, there are clearly some twists as the list doesnt have a HQ, is there a ban on vehicles? I ask because you appear to lack reasonable first round AT weaponry,

that asside you should be ok against assault armies, bit more concerned about good shooting armies, they can stand off and outrange and pour fire into you, you cant afford to sit on top the hill and take it cos you wont last, so you would be forced to chase them, vacating the objective
    Well this being a combat patrol list I can see why he doesn't have HQs. Also, heavily armored vehicles will not play a factor, as all vehicles will have at least 1 side with AV10 and generally no higher than AV12.

As for the list, I have a similar fear about armies that outrange you, like tau for instance. A few devilfish could really ruin your day I'm afraid, especially with markerlights and seeker missles.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

W/D/L
    Eldar: 3-3-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Thanks for the quick responses all!

As far as armies that out range me are concerned I really do not have much to worry about, as I said my opponents will definitely be chaos and either marines or bugs.

The only thing I dont like is the whole "patrol" fluff about it. None of the models except maybe the warspiders fit as "patrols". Sure they look like they will work very very good, but I would personally put some fluff into it. Like the war walkers, they're scouts and very fluffy for combat patrol.
    The rules being used are combat patrol rules, it doesn't mean that this has to be a patrol type list.

You might have trouble with marines, just overwhelm them with shots from your DA and get the harlies into CC quick. Chaos will be very hard in any situation, I'd suggest playing against some chaos as much as you can before the tourny.

Against nids, you have a horde of guants in the bag, but you will probly have trouble against a lot of warriors.
    I own over 3k pts of chaos so there will be no surprises there, the only thing I am dreading is a large unit of plague marines. As far as Nids go the Da can shred warriors just as well as gaunts.

this looks like an excellent list, though it occurs to me that you only have four units, and all cost over 150 pts, you could've included a couple of ranger squads in retribution for that second DA squad and a couple of kisses, which gives this force another unit, more shootiness for both your CC/Intercept units to safeguard and more of a 'patrol' feel to it.
    True, but what are rangers going to do for me in a CP list? I will not being going up against any high toughness enemies or 2+ saves. I would much rather have the extra blade storming squad of avengers.

Combat Patrol rules Chere...

No 2+ saves, No vehicles with total AV over 33, no models with more than 2 wounds, HQs not necessary, etc...

Thanks again for the replies guys, I am now that little bit more confident against the opponents I listed!
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

hmm, did it again, missed the CP in the title! Doh
    ok then still worried about armour, chimera for example, are king of the CP
    and you dont have the range to deal with them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll bet hawks could deal with a pesky chimera

Atmos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

hawks would die before they got chane or be prevented from using haywire by the AF squad screening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, it's worth a shot, and seems to me more practical than employing a wraithlord to tear it apart, but hey that's just me, I digress.

perhaps a scatter laser vyper would help, though it'd be hardly in-keeping with your 'aspects-only' approach, here.

3 Dark Reapers inc. exarch w/ EML & Crack Shot
    137 points

not very AT but you can fit 'em in if you take out 2 models from each squad and they'd be better than marauding harlies etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast