Librarium Online Forums banner

750 pt Combat Patrol

858 views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  desolatemm 
#1 ·
Hello one and all! This is a list I was going over for an upcoming king of the hill competition, my opponents will be chaos and either marines or Nids. Please let me know any thoughts.

Elite:

8x Harlies, 6x Kisses, SS
198 pts

Troops:

10x DA, Exarch w/ Dual Cats, BS
152 pts

10x DA, Exarch w/ PW + SS, BS, Defend
177 pts

Fast Attack:

8x spiders, Exarch w/ Dual Spinners, Powerblades, Withdraw
218 pts

total: 745 pts

I figure that fleet will let me get to the objective early. From there I can shoot up anyone coming in with blade storming avengers and spiders, tarpit the remainder with the defensive DA squad and mop up with the harlies.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I really like this list.... a LOT. For a 750 combat partol it is almost perfect. You have a solid CC unit, enough shots with the bs dire avengers to wipe out a a squad or two, and the spiders are good for hitting the light armour allowed in combat patrol. You might want to get a death jester in their for some attempted pinning (not always usefull though). The only thing I dont like is the whole "patrol" fluff about it. None of the models except maybe the warspiders fit as "patrols". Sure they look like they will work very very good, but I would personally put some fluff into it. Like the war walkers, they're scouts and very fluffy for combat patrol.

My list is all jetbikes.
Guardian Jetbikes and Shining spears. I just chose them because I can make them fluffy as hell. Fast infantry scouting ahead of the army bulk using their ability to haul major Arse to their advantage.

I really like the list, try it a few times and tell me how it goes.

You might have trouble with marines, just overwhelm them with shots from your DA and get the harlies into CC quick. Chaos will be very hard in any situation, I'd suggest playing against some chaos as much as you can before the tourny.

Against nids, you have a horde of guants in the bag, but you will probly have trouble against a lot of warriors.

#3 ·
nice one

this looks like an excellent list, though it occurs to me that you only have four units, and all cost over 150 pts, you could've included a couple of ranger squads in retribution for that second DA squad and a couple of kisses, which gives this force another unit, more shootiness for both your CC/Intercept units to safeguard and more of a 'patrol' feel to it.

Atmos

#4 ·
Hi IA, not seen your lists for a while,
not sure what rules you are using, there are clearly some twists as the list doesnt have a HQ, is there a ban on vehicles? I ask because you appear to lack reasonable first round AT weaponry,

that asside you should be ok against assault armies, bit more concerned about good shooting armies, they can stand off and outrange and pour fire into you, you cant afford to sit on top the hill and take it cos you wont last, so you would be forced to chase them, vacating the objective

#5 ·
Well this being a combat patrol list I can see why he doesn't have HQs. Also, heavily armored vehicles will not play a factor, as all vehicles will have at least 1 side with AV10 and generally no higher than AV12.

As for the list, I have a similar fear about armies that outrange you, like tau for instance. A few devilfish could really ruin your day I'm afraid, especially with markerlights and seeker missles.

#6 ·
Thanks for the quick responses all!

As far as armies that out range me are concerned I really do not have much to worry about, as I said my opponents will definitely be chaos and either marines or bugs.

The only thing I dont like is the whole "patrol" fluff about it. None of the models except maybe the warspiders fit as "patrols". Sure they look like they will work very very good, but I would personally put some fluff into it. Like the war walkers, they're scouts and very fluffy for combat patrol.
The rules being used are combat patrol rules, it doesn't mean that this has to be a patrol type list.

You might have trouble with marines, just overwhelm them with shots from your DA and get the harlies into CC quick. Chaos will be very hard in any situation, I'd suggest playing against some chaos as much as you can before the tourny.

Against nids, you have a horde of guants in the bag, but you will probly have trouble against a lot of warriors.
I own over 3k pts of chaos so there will be no surprises there, the only thing I am dreading is a large unit of plague marines. As far as Nids go the Da can shred warriors just as well as gaunts.

this looks like an excellent list, though it occurs to me that you only have four units, and all cost over 150 pts, you could've included a couple of ranger squads in retribution for that second DA squad and a couple of kisses, which gives this force another unit, more shootiness for both your CC/Intercept units to safeguard and more of a 'patrol' feel to it.
True, but what are rangers going to do for me in a CP list? I will not being going up against any high toughness enemies or 2+ saves. I would much rather have the extra blade storming squad of avengers.

not sure what rules you are using, there are clearly some twists as the list doesnt have a HQ, is there a ban on vehicles? I ask because you appear to lack reasonable first round AT weaponry,
Combat Patrol rules Chere...

No 2+ saves, No vehicles with total AV over 33, no models with more than 2 wounds, HQs not necessary, etc...

Thanks again for the replies guys, I am now that little bit more confident against the opponents I listed!

#10 ·
well, it's worth a shot, and seems to me more practical than employing a wraithlord to tear it apart, but hey that's just me, I digress.

perhaps a scatter laser vyper would help, though it'd be hardly in-keeping with your 'aspects-only' approach, here.

3 Dark Reapers inc. exarch w/ EML & Crack Shot
137 points

not very AT but you can fit 'em in if you take out 2 models from each squad and they'd be better than marauding harlies etc.

#12 ·
well, it's worth a shot, and seems to me more practical than employing a wraithlord to tear it apart, but hey that's just me, I digress.
well the Wriathlord happens to be illegal in CP, but if I could I'd deploy him. I peronally think Wriathlords are good tank killers, especially in Close Combat.

Cheredanine said:
hawks would die before they got chane or be prevented from using haywire by the AF squad screening
I'm sure there's somebody that wants you to argue with that, but trying to argue with you with Swooping Hawks is like trying to argue with Abbandon about not killing people = There's no point!

Anyhow.. Iron angel I really like that list

The only thing is ,aybe you can get rid of a couple of Kisses and possibly find an upgrade on something else ( can't find one on the top of my head, not even sure if there is another one). 6 Kisses would rip basicaly any squad, especially in CP, which can be a bad thing for being open.

#14 ·
i 'spose the second time you use them you could fortune them with a seer before they leap for a tank, or use their Skyleap ability to get behind a tank, CC it, flap away and drop Gpacks on any enemies that threaten them, this is where an Autarch and his master of strategy thing could come in handy.

#15 ·
ok harping on a bit, maybe nathan was right but..
i 'spose the second time you use them you could fortune them with a seer before they leap for a tank,
fortune doesnt really help as most weapons ignore their saves, thus fortune has no effect, even when it does, its improvement is only 1 in three, really not efective
or use their Skyleap ability to get behind a tank, CC it, flap away and drop Gpacks on any enemies that threaten them, this is where an Autarch and his master of strategy thing could come in handy.
but you cant assault the tank the turn you Ds, so you drop, the tank, or infantry turns and shoots you before you get to assault

#16 ·
damn, i just can't win... whatever winning would be in this case, i'm gonna take Steel's advice here and not mess with your veiw of hawks.

i've forgotten who started this thread.. i think it was Iron Angel, but the thread-maker should take a vyper in my opinion, kitted out with a scatter laser and being a fast skimmer can get it behind anything relatively easily, and seeing as rear armour is AV10, on average, 2 shot's will hit and one will penetrate i think, well something like that anyway (don't have codex on hand).

#17 ·
Wow, lots of comments.

I agree that Chimeras might be a problem for this list but as I said I will be facing chaos and either Nids or marines I should be just fine. The massed fire power of the spiders should be enough to bring down any armor I will see.

As far as hawks are concerned I share Chere's point of view, they are way too expensive for how easy they are to kill.

#18 ·
it's cruel that they made some of the best-looking models in the game so fragile, but i realise i could've spared myself writing so much stuff about AT if i'd read the original thread more carefully, life's full of little lessons isn't it?

#19 ·
Man, I truely wish there was a way to allow Eldar to take a Farseer or an Autarch with only 2 wounds or something. I think a 2 wound, deepstriking Autarch with a fusion gun would be well worth the buy. And he would allow any other deepstrikers (Hawks or Spiders) to come in very quickly.

Only if........

I have seen the War Walkers do a very effective job in CP. The Eldar player I went up against had 2 with EML (split into 2 seperate units) and 2 with Scatterlasers. He effectively destroyed any transports from across the board and shot up the troops inside with the scatter lasers. It was a very simple but effective list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.