1500 Pts hybrid??? ( 2 ) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Member dento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x1)

    1500 Pts hybrid??? ( 2 )

    Hi,

    I am gonna try this army list ( hybrid ) most of the time i play mech tau.

    HQ

    Shas'el ( Fusion blaster, plasma rifle, targetting array, hwmt, shieldgenerator ) 117 Pts

    TROOPS

    8 x Firewariors ( pulse rifle , 1 shas'ui , bonded ) 95 Pts

    8 x Firewariors ( pulse rifle , 1 shas'ui , bonded ) 95 Pts

    ELITES

    2 x shas'ui crisis ( TLmissile pod, targetting array ) 94 Pts
    2 x shas'ui crisis ( Plasmarifle, fusion blaster , multitracker ) 124 Pts
    4 x stealth suits ( Burst cannons, targetting array ) 160 Pts

    FAST ATTACK

    6 x pathfinders ( 1 shas'ui bonded , 3 railrifle target lock ) 117 Pts
    1 x devilfish ( smart missile system, burst cannon, targetting array, decoy, MT) 120 Pts
    1 x piranha ( fusion blaster, decoy, MT, targetting array ) 85 Pts

    HEAVY SUPPORT

    1 x railhead ( railgun, burst cannons, MT, decoy, disruption pod ) 175 Pts
    1 x ionhead ( ioncannon, burst cannons, MT, decoy disruption pod ) 140 Pts
    2 x Broadside ( teamleader TLrailgun , TLplasmarifle, hwMT, hwtargetlock, stabilisation system // shas'ui TLrailgun, smart missile sytem, stabilisation system ) 185 Pts

    TOTAL : 1507 Pts

    Comment welcome

    Grtz


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

    Hey there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dento View Post

    HQ

    Shas'el ( Fusion blaster, plasma rifle, targetting array, hwmt, shieldgenerator ) 117 Pts
    I dont beleive this suit is legal. I could be wrong, dont have my codex with me. But doesnt a shield gen take up a Hard point? and it would seem youve used 4 hard points, which XV8s can only have 3. Other than that, I run one of these guys in my lists, and they work great.

    Quote Originally Posted by dento View Post
    TROOPS

    8 x Firewariors ( pulse rifle , 1 shas'ui , bonded ) 95 Pts

    8 x Firewariors ( pulse rifle , 1 shas'ui , bonded ) 95 Pts
    Firewarriors are best used in full squads, more firepower, more staying power.



    Quote Originally Posted by dento View Post
    ELITES

    2 x shas'ui crisis ( TLmissile pod, targetting array ) 94 Pts
    2 x shas'ui crisis ( Plasmarifle, fusion blaster , multitracker ) 124 Pts
    4 x stealth suits ( Burst cannons, targetting array ) 160 Pts
    For starters, your first Crisis team should be 106 points. Deathrains are great units to have, and put out a lot of high accuracy fire power.
    Stealths are ok, id generally keep them standard with no upgrades, and always have a maxed out squad number for more volume of shots.


    Quote Originally Posted by dento View Post
    FAST ATTACK

    6 x pathfinders ( 1 shas'ui bonded , 3 railrifle target lock ) 117 Pts
    1 x devilfish ( smart missile system, burst cannon, targetting array, decoy, MT) 120 Pts
    1 x piranha ( fusion blaster, decoy, MT, targetting array ) 85 Pts
    Railrifles arent as useful when you compare them to markerlights. You lsoe 3 markerlights with those rail rifles, leaving only 3 in the squad, hitting on 4+, so you might only get 1 or two hits average with them.
    Others are fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by dento View Post
    HEAVY SUPPORT

    1 x railhead ( railgun, burst cannons, MT, decoy, disruption pod ) 175 Pts
    1 x ionhead ( ioncannon, burst cannons, MT, decoy disruption pod ) 140 Pts
    2 x Broadside ( teamleader TLrailgun , TLplasmarifle, hwMT, hwtargetlock, stabilisation system // shas'ui TLrailgun, smart missile sytem, stabilisation system ) 185 Pts
    I dont normally use disruption pods, I do see their use in case you dont ger first turn. User preference I guess. Not a big fan of ion cannons, try to find some points for another railgun, much more effective vs all targets.
    Dont like plasma on Broadsides either. Smart misiles save points, and give you more shots at just as long a range. If the enemy is close enough for you to rapid fire the plasma, then its already too late.
    Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

  4. #3
    Senior Member Svalene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Paris,France
    Age
    24
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by dento View Post
    Hi,

    I am gonna try this army list ( hybrid ) most of the time i play mech tau.

    HQ

    Shas'el ( Fusion blaster, plasma rifle, targetting array, hwmt, shieldgenerator ) 117 Pts

    Remove the shield generator,waste of points if you use his IC status to the fullest extent
    TROOPS

    8 x Firewariors ( pulse rifle , 1 shas'ui , bonded ) 95 Pts

    8 x Firewariors ( pulse rifle , 1 shas'ui , bonded ) 95 Pts

    Beef up both these squads to 12 FW,remove bonding knife.(We can add more menbers because of points we will save later in the list)
    ELITES

    2 x shas'ui crisis ( TLmissile pod, targetting array ) 94 Pts
    2 x shas'ui crisis ( Plasmarifle, fusion blaster , multitracker ) 124 Pts
    4 x stealth suits ( Burst cannons, targetting array ) 160 Pts

    The deathrain squad is actually 106 pts,the helios squad should probably be changed to a fireknife,it costs the same amount of point.Helios config is usually best on commanders.

    FAST ATTACK

    6 x pathfinders ( 1 shas'ui bonded , 3 railrifle target lock ) 117 Pts
    1 x devilfish ( smart missile system, burst cannon, targetting array, decoy, MT) 120 Pts
    1 x piranha ( fusion blaster, decoy, MT, targetting array ) 85 Pts

    I would personally remove that entire point consuming pathfinder squad,saving 237 points
    HEAVY SUPPORT

    1 x railhead ( railgun, burst cannons, MT, decoy, disruption pod ) 175 Pts
    1 x ionhead ( ioncannon, burst cannons, MT, decoy disruption pod ) 140 Pts
    2 x Broadside ( teamleader TLrailgun , TLplasmarifle, hwMT, hwtargetlock, stabilisation system // shas'ui TLrailgun, smart missile sytem, stabilisation system ) 185 Pts

    Replace ionhead by railhead with BC,MT,DL,worth 165 points.On your other railhead remove the disruption pod,usually not worth the points.With your broadsides you should use this comp: 2x broadside (TL railgun, stabilization system,SMS,team leader, 2 defense drones,HW Target lock) for 200 points.

    TOTAL : 1507 Pts

    Comment welcome

    Grtz
    Hope that helped somewhat
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

  5. #4
    Member dento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x1)

    Guys,

    Tx for reply. Idd my commander is a illigal combination i will remove the shieldgenerator. Deathrains are idd 106 Pts.

    I am testing with a lot of combinations with my army ( mech, etc ) so thats why i am gonna try this combination with pathfinders but i know they are fragile and must be pomped up to 8 men strong squad. I don't know what your game experience says about pathfinders but i ll give them a try ; )

    My experience about tau mech is that the tanks are not always easy to move and put them behind cover. I think i would like more the suit army.

    grtz

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts