2000 pt Dark Eldar list comments welcome - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt Dark Eldar list comments welcome

HQ1 = 277 pts = Asdrubael vect

Elites 1+2 = 446 = 2 wych squads with wych weapons, succubus with agoniser, mounted in Raidor.

Elites 3+4 = 150 = 2 Warp beast packs (5 beasts and succubus)

Fast Attack 1+2 = 322 = 2, 4 man Reaver jetbike squads, succubus with punisher and tormentor helm, each squad has 2 blasters.

Heavy Support 1+2 = 250 = 2 Ravagers with dark lances and night shields.

Heavy Support 3 = 100 = Talos

Troops 1+2 = 212 = 2 Ten man snipe squads with 2 dark lances and sybarite

Troops 3+4 = 232 = 2 Micro snipe squads mounted in Radiors with a dark lance on the raidor and a dark lance in each squad

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any tips or advice is welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For starters, a reaver succubus can't have a punisher. It's a 2 handed weapon and they need one hand to control their bike.

To continue on, without an archite, you can only take one warp beast pack no matter how many wyches you have in elite slots, not one per wych squad. And frankly, skip the sybarites on sniper squads. They're just a point sink.

Ravagers with three dark lances are doomed. They can't fire them all and still gain the benefit of skimmers moving fast, so they'll be penetrated and obliterated in a single round generally. They're delicate enough with skimmer protection. Night shields don't provide enough protection to save them. I prefer three disintegrators instead.

Never actually used Vect in a serious game, probably never will. I prefer the archon or dracon as they're more customizable. An archon with a punisher, tormentor helm, shadow field, combat drugs dispenser, and plasma grenades (trophy rack/animus vitae optional) is more frightening. They can charge and slaughter Anything short of a really tough monstrous creature in a single round. without above-average rolls.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Its hard to comment on this list it really is.
    k i'll go through it one by one.

Asdrubael vect- ok solid HQ however you already have enough lances and dissies, do we really need him? you could have two HQ's for his price for some CC goodness which would be alot more beneficial. He's not really good in HTH and all he will be is a target on the table, ok he is hard to kill, but his effectiveness other than lances and dissies is honestly limited, plus you got 2 ravagers and how many lances already.
    Really i would chuck him and get two well equiped dracons, one on a jetbike and one to join a squad.

2 wych squads with wych weapons, succubus with agoniser, mounted in Raidor- what size are the squads i presume 10 man squads, drop 2 each and leave those points for other stuff, otherwise nothing wrong here, you might wanna add blasters for extra killing power on the charge or for a bit of flexibility.

2 Warp beast packs (5 beasts and succubus), you can only have one drop a squad, only wyche armies can have more than one squad of these.

2, 4 man Reaver jetbike squads, succubus with punisher and tormentor helm, each squad has 2 blasters- this is a big points sink and are not really that effective you lack numbers i advise to drop a squad, they are not really effective without lords, possibly add the two dracons here or drop a squad and follow my advise on big warrior squads later. only real good use is tank hunting which you have enough of.

2 Ravagers with dark lances and night shields- dark lances are a big no no since you have to move over 6" to stop your enemy from getting penetrating hits, this means you can only shoot one lance a turn, your best using these with 3 dissies, or 1 lance and two dissies, up to you really i like 3 dissies, your best having 3 dissies. great for anti MEQ, well anti any squad really best terminator nukers in the game. good for light tanks too.
    by the way nightshields are pointless they are not helpful at all, its a pretty lame piece of wargear.

Talos- a solid choice, but whats it doing? its too slow to keep up with the rest of your army and might see combat at turn 4, your best not using them unless you have a footslogging army or a WWP.

2 Ten man snipe squads with 2 dark lances and sybarite- ok nice anti tank, whats with the sybarite, whats he doing you just upgraded a guy to do virtually nothing, lose him.

Micro snipe squads mounted in Radiors with a dark lance on the raidor and a dark lance in each squad- yay! ghost ships nothing wrong here.

i would advise with all those points you just saved two 15 man squads of warriors 2 Sc's and 2 blasters, sybarite and agoniser, first turn you move and FOF possibly 2nd turn too, they will help to put surpressing fire down, can tank hunt and support in HTH.

without going into too much detail now i'll like to see your rewrite and then i'll go into more detail if need be.
    This should help and hope it helps
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I have to agree with what the others have said this far.

One of the things that I would consider is dropping vect... He's nice and all but he's a lot of points and you would be better off getting a dracon and an archon decked out for some close combat.

I would also drop the warp beasts altogether as I find that you can never get anything out of them... drop a few wyches and you should be able to get another 7-8 man/women wych squad there... on top of that you can throw your HQs in them.

I would drop all the sybarites in your warrior squads as all your warriors are there for shooting and Sybarites are for close combat.

With the Reavers if you want to make them a close combat unit you need to run them in big units rather than smaller ones i've found. Your best to give the succubus a power weapon and a tormentor helm. If you want them as a harassment unit you can take them in 3 bike units with 2 blasters and they are quite cheap with the potential to take out some armour.

Ravangers are best used with Disses as everyone has said... this way you can move around a bit and still get some good low AP shots off...

The talos seems a bit out of place although I can understand why you have it... it is good for protecting those sniper squads the only problem that you might find is with the speed in your army it will be left behind and in the end become potentially a lone target for the rest of the army if that makes sense?

I hope this helps you...
    There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

My turn. Some of it may have already been commented on so take it as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of a Doubt View Post
    HQ1 = 277 pts = Asdrubael vect
    I like Vect – there, I said it. Yes, he is quite expensive for a non-scoring unit but he has some interesting effects in relation to the rest of the list. You essentially have 3 ravagers and a Talos. Do not be tempted to run Vect into CC but only if you have too – power fists and klaws could hurt him at AV 11 so keep him shooting as long as you can and take advantage of his BS and his AV. I would definitely go over his rules with a fine tooth comb and be sure the opponents you play know what Vect is, he is a vehicle and a special character (a special character vehicle). You are bound to get into a disagreement and I have found he causes a lot of arguments – so how good are you at rules lawyering?

For me, he is an excuse to give the shadowfield to the 2nd HQ. I would be tempted to add a Dracite to the list and trick him out for close combat. Since you are playing a non-wwp list then keep the Dracite solo and start him/her with one of the 2 wych squads – this will allow to move this IC where you need the most help.

Elites 1+2 = 446 = 2 wych squads with wych weapons, succubus with agoniser, mounted in Raidor.
    Both of these are perfect. Keep them at a total of 8 per raider and give both of them plasma grenades for all. I would even consider blasters for each group but that’s optional. Depending on the random drug roll for the squad you will have room to put the Dracite in either one especially if one has the 12” charge drug.

Elites 3+4 = 150 = 2 Warp beast packs (5 beasts and succubus)
    As mentioned, I believe you can only take 1 pack. Use the extra points towards the idea of getting a Dracite. They do look a little out of place in this list but I would use them as a counter-charging unit or just advance them as a distraction (opponents will usually target beasts and bikes first even though they are not the immediate threat). I sometimes sacrifice this unit in order to take the some of the fire off the other advancing units.

Fast Attack 1+2 = 322 = 2, 4 man Reaver jetbike squads, succubus with punisher and tormentor helm, each squad has 2 blasters.
    As mentioned earlier, very cool units but they are not as effective for their points. If you want to keep them then drop the punisher since you can’t take it and use a power weapon instead. Definitely a distraction unit that can’t take a lot of punishment if being fired upon or even in CC. They will be hard to hide behind cover as their bases are rather large so if you are not firing then you should be turbo-boosting. Their armor save isn’t as durable as you think and if you lose one bike you will be taking a morale test.

I personally would do this instead if you really wanted to keep at least 1 bike squad:
    1.) Drop one bike squad completely
    2.) Bump the remaining squad to at least 5 (the 6th bike being the succubus, power weapon, t-helm, plasma g)

Then you have an option that if you do not want to take a Dracite as mentioned above then you can take a Dracon on a jetbike instead. Trick him out with drugs, shadowfield, power weapon, t-helm and plasma grenades. This will give you a good performing close combat bike unit that could possibly fight on their own.

Heavy Support 1+2 = 250 = 2 Ravagers with dark lances and night shields.
    These are fine. The nightshields are optional, I usually need the points elsewhere.

Heavy Support 3 = 100 = Talos
    This guy is kinda outta place – in a rush list I would use him as a fire magnet and hope the enemy wastes his shots on him. He is not going to see much cc action but if you are playing missions then he can usually make it to the center of the board. I would definitely consider placing him in the open and hopefully he can draw some fire.

Troops 1+2 = 212 = 2 Ten man snipe squads with 2 dark lances and sybarite

Troops 3+4 = 232 = 2 Micro snipe squads mounted in Radiors with a dark lance on the raidor and a dark lance in each squad
    I am really not a fan of either selection so I will pass on comments with them.

I prefer large roving warrior squads with 2 blasters and 2 cannons and an aggy toting sybarite. You could make 2, 14 man squads and I would run them up the board with the Talos and warpbeasts. It’s a different approach from what you have listed as your current troop choices are not meant to move and thus make weak scoring units in my eyes.

One other note: you have 7 skimmers and 8 bikes to hide - you will have a difficult time hiding all these raiders and bikes. I would hide the wyches at all costs as I believe they will be the most effective in your list. Be sure to put your 2 ghost ships in plain sight and again hope they get shot at first. If I won first move in a game with this list I would easily move the ghost ships 12" forward in plain sight and place them in strategic locations in case they crash (at least you can use them for cover for your advancing beasts).

Just my opinion, good luck and happy hunting!

+ Reply to Thread