1500 speedfreaks...mostly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 speedfreaks...mostly

Hello, I've been around WHFB and WH40k for a few years, and finally decided to put together an ork army. Really, who can resist the quirky, steampunk-esque green loonies.

At first I was concerned that the list wouldn't have a high enough body count, so I added the massive stormboyz squad, b/c I couldnt figure out how to make footsloggers work in this list. I am also concerned that I wont have enough anti-armor capability, and that my lootas will get shot to bits. C&C greatly appreciated.

Anyway, Here goes.

HQ

Warboss- bike, power klaw, cybork body- 135

ELITE

Nobz-7x nobz, Bikes, Painboy, Cybork, Waaagh! Banner, Bosspole,
    2 Power Klaws, Kombi-Scorcha, Grot Orderly -460

Lootas- 10x- 150

lootas- 10x- 150

TROOPS

Boyz- 11x boyz + 1nob, powerklaw, bosspole, bigshoota-117
    Trukk- ram, red paint job- 45

Boyz- 11x boyz + 1nob, powerklaw, bosspole, bigshoota-117
    Trukk- ram, red paint job- 45

FAST ATTACK

Stormboyz- 19x boyz + 1nob, powerklaw, bosspole-280

Total: 1499pts.

edit: edited for readability.

Last edited by Maelstrom; May 3rd, 2008 at 20:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are good to go. Those PKs will be your anti-tank. The list is near identicle to a list I used with a fair bit of success. I changed it up only because i like to bring in my old models and experiment but the list was quite strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Heh, are you trolling or something? That was a lightning fast response. I saw your list, it helped me out, particularly in the way I decided to kit out my nob bikerz and the use of lootas. I had to add the storm boyz though, jump infantry are great, though I doubt they will perform anything like my blood angels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno man, it looks tough but you are really lacking on numbers. Even speed freaks in the new edition really need a fair amount of numbers to make it. It is basic tactical knowledge to have a strong core as an army. If you have a strong core, you will be much more solid and well-rounded. This in mind, considering dropping some of the "gubbins" (aka flashy unnecessary upgrades/units) and pump up your basic troops some. I would say run at least 4 trukk mobs. The best specific suggestion I could make is to put the stormboys home for now, and drop one loota or two lootas from each squad, then add two more trukk mobs. Trukk bound ork boys are pound for pound one of the strongest units in the list.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

+ Reply to Thread