"Balanced" Tyranid 1750pts list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

"Balanced" Tyranid 1750pts list

Hi guys,

After have left my tyranids for some while (My dark eldar where in need of some paint), I decieded go on with my tyranids once again. But this time im going to try something entirely different, im trying to make my nids balanced. So after having done some thinking, I came up with the following list:

HQ
    9 Warriors, AG (WS+I), Bio plasma, EC, Leaping, TS, ST, Rending claws, Fleshhooks: 423pts

ELITE
    4 Warriors, AG (WS+I), Bio plasma, EC, TS, 2x ST: 144pts
    4 Warriors, AG (WS+I), Bio plasma, EC, TS, 2x ST: 144pts

TROOPS
    28 spinegaunts: 140pts
    28 spinegaunts: 140pts
    27 spinegaunts: 135pts
    20 Termagaunts: 120pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Carnifex, 2x TL devourer, ES, EC, Bio plasma, AG (WS), Toxic miasma, Tusked: 168pts
    Carnifex, 2x TL devourer, ES, EC, Bio plasma, AG (WS), Toxic miasma, Tusked: 168pts

TOTAL: 1750pts

As I said before, this list is ment to be balanced, it has about 1/3 of its point on warriors, 1/3 on swarms and 1/3 on zillas.

The main tactic is to move a big wall of gaunts forward, with the carnifexes and the warriors to break enemies where ever I meet them.

The 9 man warrior squad, has got a little bit expencive, but will worth it, no mather what. As I have never seen a warrior squad that big get destroyed before having worthed its points. Ad they will simpely walk in the line of gaunts and rush out when the enemy is in charge range.

The smaller warrior squads didnt got leaping to ensure I have some synapse on the field in an omega mission. They will forsure my wall of gaunts keeps standing and will help the gaunts in assault once they have reached the enemy.

The gaunts will simply be a meat shield.

The fexes might seem a bit odd, but it are dakkafexes with some biomorphs to help the gaunts in combat (they now hit marines on a 3+) and to be better capable of destroying skimmers, S10 hit on a 4+.

Any advice and comments are welcome.

A tear is only water, and a sigh is only air.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

You need some Anti-Tank power, you really do, Carnifexes dont have the speed to hunt down vehicles in close combat.

Oh, and leaping warriors do start on the board in escalation missions dont they?
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely LOVE this list! I am really interested in reading about how it play tests.

Would it be worth it to drop a warrior from the command squad and one from each elite slot and then add in an entire third elite slot of three warriors with leaping? It gives you one more unit to be flexible with and your opponent one more target decision to have to make.

Other then that, I LOVE the list. The Dakka Fexes are brilliant as tooled up heavies. Still cheap, but they can do okay. I am running a list the same way, with Dakka Fexes as my heavy slots. I have Zoanthropes in there as well for extra synapse or psychic scream, depending on how I decide to run them and I still get a S10 shot at armor.

I would think that you would need to watch out for Eldar skimmer lists with this army though. That could get REALLY ugly.

Good for you to go warrior heavy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

I would just be a little worried about losing your synapse and then having large chunks of bugs just sitting around looking confused. It's not all that hard to blow through T4 with a 4+ save, and with only three synapse squads to start with once things start moving away from the deployment zone you might start losing your synapse to concentrated fire. I would look to strip down 1 carnifex into an elite choice, and then use your 3rd HS slot for some zoanthropes. Either that or split your large HQ unit into 2 HQ units (or an HQ and an elite, it really doesn't matter).

Or, personally, I'd do both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

My bad, leaping warriors dont becomce beast, so just start on the board like normal infantery.

I absolutely LOVE this list! I am really interested in reading about how it play tests.
    Always good to hear my list has fans as soon as it has fought its first battle, ill post a link to the army list section. But its ganna take some time as I'm having exams next week

Not sure about the zoanthropes anyway, the stat are great, but I just dont like the model (floating brains :s), so I dont think ill ever use it.

And eldar skimmers are the list im ganna test it againt (most probably) so ifrst report will be ugly.

And last but not least, how on earth do people dare to say warriors are vulleranable to fire? :s They have t4! 4+ save, 2 wounds and a 12" charge. Though an assault cannon might shoot some cassulties, they will survive!
    A tear is only water, and a sigh is only air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Your two 4 man units of warriors however do NOT have leaping, and thus are slow and easy to snipe away from the main force, especially considering that they cannot fleet so will already be falling behind. But as you said, try it out and see how it works.

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by levitian View Post
    And last but not least, how on earth do people dare to say warriors are vulleranable to fire? :s They have t4! 4+ save, 2 wounds and a 12" charge. Though an assault cannon might shoot some cassulties, they will survive!
    It isnt that they are particularly vulnerable per se, more that, as a synapse creature, they attract a lot of fire, and heavy bolters and equivalents WILL f*** them up.

I like them, but they do have less survivability than Zoanthropes and Hive Tyrants. There again, they are cheap, which goes some way towards making up for it.

And yes, get leaping (and rending claws if you can) on your CC warriors.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

+ Reply to Thread