About to buy 2000 pt green tide, need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About to buy 2000 pt green tide, need help

This is what i have so far, and I'm pretty please for the most part. I have da boyz all around the big mek for protection. The warboss, warbikes, and trukk boyz for flanking and counter assaulting. and Kommandos to take care of the pesky gun lines to buy some time. Only thing in question is the last 160 or so points currently taken up by Killa Kanz, which I intend to march up with the boyz. I could also take warbuggies, or something else. I'm not sure, but suggestions are gladdly appreciated.

HQ:280
    Warboss() w/ a Warbike(), Powerklaw(), Cybork Body(), Attack Squig() Boss Pole()-155
    Bigmek() w/ Kustom Force Field(), Powerklaw(), Cybork Body(), 'eavy Armour()-125

Elites:255
    15 Kommandos(10) w/ 2 burnas() led by Boss Snikrot()-255

Troops:1004
    20 Shoota Boyz() w/ 2 Rokkit Launcha(), 1 Nob() w/ Powerklaw()-175
    20 Shoota Boyz() w/ 2 Rokkit Launcha(, 1 Nob() w/ Powerklaw()-175
    12 Slugga Boyz() w/ 1 Big Shootas(, 1 Nob() w/ Powerklaw() Boss Pole()-117
    Trukk-35
    12 Slugga Boyz() w/ 1 Big Shootas(), 1 Nob() w/ Powerklaw() Boss Pole()-117
    Trukk-35

Fast:285
    10 WarBikes(), 1 Nob() w/ Powerklaw()-285

Heavy:165
    Killa Kan() w/ Kustom Mega Blastas()-55

I may alternativly use Old Zogwart instead of the Warboss

Last edited by Lost Nemesis; May 16th, 2008 at 21:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

1. Never give a big mek a powerklaw. If he's directly attacked by anything, he's going to die long before he has the chance to use it. Besides, he isn't nearly powerful enough to make good use of it.

2. Why have you given the big mek armor/cybork? He has an invulnerable save from the KFF. Yes, that doesn't apply in close combat, but as I mentioned before, if something gets into close combat with him, there isn't a chance in hell of him surviving in any case. It's just a waste of points.

3. Never put the bosspole on the warboss. Put it on the unit you're attaching him to. There's no advantage to having it on the boss, and if he's killed, the unit he's attached to loses the bosspole.

4. Either add more trukks, or cut them out completely. Two trukks aren't that difficult for your opponent to deal with. You need at least three, and in this sized army, I'd use four or more.

5. I think you're going a bit overboard on the regular boyz. What the list really needs is something with some real staying power, or destructive close combat ability. Snikkrot is good, but what the list really needs is a team of nobz.

Instead of regular warbikes (which aren't good in close combat), I'd field a team of 6-8 warbike nobz, with the warboss on bike leading it (if you use him). Be sure to give them a painboy, cybork bodies, wauuughh banner, bosspole, and at least 2 powerklaws in the unit. Yes, this will run 400-500 points, but trust me, it'll do a lot more for you than a unit of warbikes. Regular nobz in a trukk or battlewagon can also work nice, but I'd field at least 8-10 of them, with the same setup as above.

6. Warbuggies with rokkits are nice, but kind of a ripoff in real $$$. I'd only use them if you could get a deal on them, or convert them out of spare parts.

7. With that many boyz on foot, yes, you really need a weirdboy, upgraded to a warp 'ead, or Old Zogwort. I'd consider cutting out the warboss, keep the big mek w/KFF, and use either a warp 'ead or Old Zogwort. Just be sure that the unit you attach him to has the full 30 boyz in it, as your opponent will likely make that unit his prime target. The warp 'eads are great for their psychic blasts, and exta free wauuughhhs they produce. Just don't use the deep strike power if you can avoid it. That never ends well.

8. Only three killa kans? You might want to consider using more than that. I wouldn't buy more than that...but then again I would never buy killa kans, they're a rip-off. Thanks to the plastic barrels that come with most scenery, I've converted my killa kans out of spare parts. If you don't want to do that, or can't, I'd buy loota/burna kits instead of buying metal killa kans. On that note...

9. I'd buy two kits of lootas/burnas and a box of boyz. Use the extra parts in the lootas/burnas kits on the boyz, and you'll have 8 Lootas, 8 Burnas and 2 big meks (put 1 mek in each unit, to bring them up to 9 each). The only catch is you'll need some kind of vehicle for the burnas in order for them to be effective. This will do a lot for your army, giving it a lot of long ranged power, template weapons, and power weapons in close combat (as long as you didn't fire with the burnas in the same turn).

10. The kommando team is perfect. Don't change a thing about it. Just don't buy 'official' kommandos, they're a rip-off. Just give regular boyz a camo paint job and you're set.

Good luck!
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; May 15th, 2008 at 20:03. Reason: Forgot one thing
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After i posted the list i looked around a bit and made adjustments after and this is what i came up with.

HQ:235
    Warboss() w/ a Warbike(), Powerklaw(), Cybork Body(), and Attack Squig()-150
    Bigmek() w/ Kustom Force Field()-85

Elites:255
    15 Kommandos() w/ 2 burna() led by Boss Snikrot()-255

Troops:829
    20 Shoota Boyz( w/ 2 Rokkit Launchas(), 1 Nob() w/ Powerklaw()-175
    20 Shoota Boyz() w/ 2 Rokkit Launchas(), 1 Nob() w/ Powerklaw()-175
    20 Shoota Boyz() w/ 2 Rokkit Launchas(), 1 Nob() w/ Powerklaw()-175
    12 Slugga Boyz() w/ 1 Big Shoota(), 1 Nob() w/ Powerklaw() Boss Pole()-117
    Trukk-35
    12 Slugga Boyz() w/ 1 Big Shoota(), 1 Nob() w/ Powerklaw() Boss Pole()-117
    Trukk-35

Fast:310
    8 WarBikes(), 1 Nob() w/ Powerklaw() Boss Pole()-240
    War Buggy() w/ Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha()-35
    War Buggy() w/ Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha)-35

Heavy:375
    3 Killa Kanz() w/ Kustom Mega Blastas()-165
    Deff Dread() w/ 2 Kustom Mega Blastas()-105
    Deff Dread() w/ 2 Kustom Mega Blastas()-105

I think it's pretty balanced, but as you said, may lack a good CC unit, i just chose not to take nobs, cause of how expensive they were, and i tried accually using them on foot, and it didnt get too much done, but on bikes they will do better probably.

Thank you though, your Ork knowledge is impressive
    Last edited by Lost Nemesis; May 16th, 2008 at 21:13.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

punkmusic, please take the time to read our forum rules as well as our Army List Posting Rules, which you can find stickied at the top of each army list forum. Your posts were breaking our rules; individual points costs (cost of units on a per-model basis, cost of upgrades, cost of weapons) are not allowed to be posted. Only unit totals are allowed. I edited your original and updated lists so that they adhere to our rules; please review them so you know how to post your lists in the future.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or another moderator. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread