1000pts Ultimate Points Denial - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts Ultimate Points Denial

I wanted to take a new approach to winning a game in 40k, instead of traditionally trying to destroy your opponents army by force, thus winning by points. iv decided the opposite...win by losing nothing and picking enough out of them to win, but not destroy.

1 Autarch - jetbike, laserlance, fusion pistol, mandiblasters

3 Guardian jetbikes- shuri cannon

3 Guardian jetbikes- shuri cannon

5 Swooping Hawks-Exarch, talon, intercept, skyleap

5 Swooping Hawks-Exarch, talon, intercept, skyleap

1 Fireprism - Shuri Cannon, Holo, Spirit Stone

1 Fireprism - Shuri Cannon, Holo, Spirit Stone

as you can see...autarch and jetbikes fly around staying alive, 2 hawk are yo-yoing turn after turn getiing a bonus from autarch, fireprisms with holos....well you know.

I know i lake any puch at all, but thats now the point here. Im keeping my whole army alive while slowing picking apart my opponent. Could this work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one of those things that "looks good on paper but most likely won't work". Sorry but that's what it looks to me. It's not a bad list but the idea 9.5/10 times you'll fail. It's near impossible to NOT die, especially if you don't reallly plan on not killing anybody. But I guess I'll try to help you with this idea.

HQ: Well this goes against my laws of taking units, but it would be a good idea to take 2 Farseers with Jetbikes and Fortune. Just read on. And ditch the autarch.

Jetbikes: You'll need a warlock with them. Since you don't plan on losing too many casualities. Then give him conceal, and with the added farseer, you can live longer.

Swooping Hawks: well according to the 9/10 people in LO, they get chot up too much for what they are worth, and I really don;t agree with them. But in this case I'm going to say....don't take them. They're not guaranteed to stay alive. Unless if your going to Deepstrike them and use intercept. But I really don't like doing that for 2 reasons

a) your most likely not going to get your points back with the swoopig hawks.
    b) more times you deep strike, the= greater chance your going to crash.

Warp Spiders would be able to do the job better.

Fire Prisms: No complain here. Another Idea is to take another Fire Prism in exchange from one of the Swooping hawks. Vut if your going to play a heavy shooter squad, scratch that idea.

on a side note: is it possible to write a battle report after a battle? This could be a good tactic for my Blood Angels ^^( but most likely may not do it). I just want to see how it goes.

>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I think while this seems like a good idea, your army composition does not do the concept justice. The fire prisms are fine, however the rest of the army is too weak or in too small a number to make a difference. Consider this:

6 jetbikes are as easy to kill as 6 normal SMs (ignoring turbo boost) and
    10 swooping hawks are as easy to kill as 10 storm troopers

In 1000pts this is not an ample amount of troops, and even though you can get two pie plates down a turn from the hawks, one casualty for the jetbikes will cause a moral test, and two for the hawks will respectably.

In response to your side point nathan, of course its possible to write a report after the battle, it would be interesting to hear how u get on with the new BAs.

Cheers
    Zezza

+ Reply to Thread