1500 Fifth Ed. Gun and grab. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

1500 Fifth Ed. Gun and grab.

Well, this is my 5th ed. list. The idea is against armies consisting of combat infantry, hold back and kill them off, before running for the objectives. Against shooty armies I will spend about 2 turns shooting, before running for the objective.

HQ
    Farseer
    Fortune
    Guide
    Spirit Stones

Farseer
    Fortune
    Guide
    Spirit Stones
    Runes of Warding

Troops
    10 Wraithguard
    Warlock
    Conceal
    Spiritseer

10 Wraithguard
    Warlock
    Conceal
    Spiritseer

Heavy Support
    3 War Walkers
    Scatter Lasers

2 War Walkers
    Scatter Lasers

3 Vibro Cannons

The plan is to sit the War Walkers in cover, fortune them, guide them and blow the crap out of people. The wraithguard will sit behind the cover, and then move out for the objective. The turn I begin to move the WG I shall guide the Walkers and Fortune the WG. The Vibro Cannons will sit behind cover and go for the biggest target.

Thoughts?

omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

The main weakness I see is close combat power, or rather a lack of it. One space marine assault squad could locck them in combat and without any power weapons you could be in trouble. Wraithguard aren't useless in combat but they are not worth 393 points per squad when they are.

One solution would be to swap some war walkers for a wraithlord who could walk alongside them shooting a BL at tanks and act as a babysitter to the troops and dig them out of combats after the initial round of fighting.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

I don't really wanna comment on this list til 5th is in my hands, but I have feelings similar to Madcat. You have made me rethink fortune though, if the new skimmer's get cover saves instead of autoglance is true then fortune could become a very powerful tool in keeping all of our armor alive. So kudos for that insight. I just noticed recently that warwalkers dont have a forcefield anymore. Honestly I haven't really fielded them since the 4th ed. codex came out, but I found it kind of disappointing.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

W/D/L
    Eldar: 3-3-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

As has been mentioned, your army lacks close combat power. Yes it will last long but it wont kill anything either.

Also you lack long range anti tank, strenth 6 cant scratch leman russes or predators etc. no matter how many shots your putting out. And vibro cannons arent the most reliable long range support either.

Furthermore even with the new 'run' rules in 5th ed the wraithguard dont move very fast, and you may find yourself surrounded and outmanuvered before you can do anything about it.

One large squad of wraithguard is probably enough for objective holding (and will be alot cheaper money wise too!!) and you could pad out the rest of the army with perhaps some guardians for fire support or a wraithlord for CC power and tankbusting ability.

I hope I havent been too negative!
    Zezza

+ Reply to Thread