1000pt Wych Cult - My first Dark Eldar army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Sam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Wych Cult - My first Dark Eldar army

Having flirted with the idea of starting a new collection following a 4 year break, I've started up a Wych Cult army, and this is the list I've put together using the models I've bought.

"Seven's Deadly Sins"

Wych Archite "Seven"
    Tormentor Helm, Agoniser, Shadow Field, Animus Vitae (135)

7 Wyches, inc. Succubus w/Agoniser, 7 Wych Weapons.
    + Raider w/ Night Shield and Scaling Nets (194)

5 Warp Beats + Beast Master (75)

14 Warriors, 2 Splinter Cannoncs (132)

=999pts.

My plans basically revolves around getting in combat asap (duh) whilst using the Warriors to march through the middle of the board as a screen for the Warp Beasts.

Not much of a plan, but then not much of a clue how the game plays anymore as haven't been involved in other 4 years. I'm thinking of taking it down to the local store and getting re introduced to the rules - does anyone have any thoughts?

Sam

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Sam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to add - was thinking of expanding up to 1500 pts by adding two squads of 7 Reapers with Blasters for anti-tanking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Having flirted with the idea of starting a new collection following a 4 year break, I've started up a Wych Cult army, and this is the list I've put together using the models I've bought.

"Seven's Deadly Sins"

Wych Archite "Seven"
    Tormentor Helm, Agoniser, Shadow Field, Animus Vitae (135)

Animus vitea whats it doing? your not getting the benefit of extra str and WS, i would drop it completely, no need

Drop night shields, these guys are flying at the enemy and should be in hth by turn two, also with you closing distance with your opponent its really not gonna help.
    the scaling nets are kinda pointless, you never want to have a wytch on a rider after turn 1.
    its like flying cradboard.
    the expression "everyone walks home" should become very familiar after a few games.

this is fine

14 Warriors, 2 Splinter Cannoncs (132)

I suggest dropping these and with extra points get 2 lance squads (10 warrios 2 lances) for anti tank

=999pts.

My plans basically revolves around getting in combat asap (duh) whilst using the Warriors to march through the middle of the board as a screen for the Warp Beasts.

Not much of a plan, but then not much of a clue how the game plays anymore as haven't been involved in other 4 years. I'm thinking of taking it down to the local store and getting re introduced to the rules - does anyone have any thoughts?

Sam

good list just needs tweaked ever so slightly
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Hi,
    Save yourself 4 points and gain a small ballistic potential by removing the Tormentor helm from your Archon and replace it with a splinter pistol.

The Tormentor helm is only of benefit when you are using a 2 handed weapon or can’t use a single hand for another weapon – this is not the case here as you have a spare hand to gain the extra attack more cheaply.

You now have 5 points to spend on Plasma grenades for your Archon and 1 Succubus.

And as mentioned, watch your anti armour potential.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animus Vitae and Tormentor Helms should really only be given to Kabal Lords and Sybarites. Not only is it more fluffy, but any Wych unit should be given an agoniser/splinter pistol with the wych weapon upgrade so they wont really benefit from either of those pieces of wargear.

+ Reply to Thread