1500pts Waagh of Warboss Mordgrim - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

1500pts Waagh of Warboss Mordgrim

HQs
    Warboss Mordgrim, cybork body, attack squig, evay armour - 90
    Big Mek, shokk attack gun, cybork body,3 grot oilers - 115

Elites
    8 lootas, 3 meks, 3 big shootas, 3 grot oilers - 165
    5 tankbuztas, 3 bomb squigs, nob, power klaw,, bosspole - 170

Troops
    5 nobs, warbikes, 2 power klaws, waaagh banner, painboy, cybork bodies - 345
    20 Boyz, shootas, 2 big shoota, nob, power klaw, bosspole - 170
    20 Boyz, shootas, 2 big shoota, nob, power klaw, bosspole - 170
    Deff Dread, 2 extra big shootas - 85

Fast Attacks
    2 warbuggies, twin-linked big shootas - 60
    2 deth koptas, buzzsaw - 120

Heavy Supports
    2 killa kanz, rokkit launcha's - 100

total - 1500

Hey, here my 1st draft of my ork force, give me ideas and stuff to make it that little bit better, I am aimming for a deth skullz theme and I am mostlikey be facing marines, chaos, eldar and proberly deamonzs now. So any advice would help.

Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, how are you going to run them, in what setup?

Secondly, switch the rokkits with mega blastas without a doubt, the AP 2 will mean you'll be dusting Terminators and Meganobs no problem with the BS 3 the Kans have.

Thirdly, I personally hate Tankbustas with a vengeance. They never do what they're supposed to, and they die rather easily.

Fourthly, why the meks in the Loota squad? In order to use them , you'll have to follow the Kans or Dreads, making the Lootas useless. Park them in a corner, up their count to ten or more, attach the Big Mek to them, giving the Lootas the Mob Rule, better base leadership rolls and a bosspole, plus the Big Mek will last ALOT longer. Even better, spend points on a cheap open-topped Battlewaggin, plant the Lootas and Mek inside it and fire from inside of it, giving the Big Mek the ability to repair the Waggin if something gets through.

Fifthly, Warbuggies arent really worth the points here. They die very easily and they don't do much anyways.

Another thing, remember that the Dread is only good when it gets close to the enemy, so i'd give it another CCW over one of the big shootas, then screen it with the Kans until you get close, where it REALLY shines. And if you're running Kans, get more of them, they scare the opponent for one thing, drawing their fire most of the time, and they have BS 3, making them excellent anti tank platforms if you give them Mega Blastas.

I like the bikes and koptas, good way to bother the enemy until your slogging force gets across the board. In a 1500 pt army though, Nobs might not be the best choice, just because they're so expensive, especially with bikes. I'd go with regular bikes, and you could get much more of them. and still have a Nob with a powerclaw, or even give your Warboss a bike and attach him, or take Wazdakka Gutsmek if you want the bikes to count as troops.

It needs work, but has definite promise, good luck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

It's a start

First and foremost, there's no point in giving the big mek w/SAG or Lootas any grot oilers. They'd have to be standing right next to the walkers, which means either the SAG and Lootas have to move with the walkers (and not fire) or you're not moving the walkers at all. Even if a walker is within 6in and gets damaged, you'd have to give up two rounds of shooting to fix it (one turn to walk up, and the next to try and repair it).

In most cases, you'll want to move the walkers up, and keeping the meks next to them solely to repair is a waste, especially for the SAG. Besides, there are very few vehicles in this list, and the ones there are dirt cheap. What are you planning to repair?

I can see why you used meks with big shootas in the Loota teams though. That way they can still fire, even if they move, and they have close to the range of lootas, so they can usually shoota right along with the lootas in most situations. It's a good idea.

Second, the warboss needs a powerklaw. Not giving him any weapons is a serious waste, considering he's far more effective with one. Spend the points and give him a powerklaw (big choppas are crap). Otherwise, he'll be useless against monstrous creatures and vehicles.

Third, although I do like tankbustas, they're useless without a transport. They'll either be shot to pieces or shooting at the wrong thing. A transport makes all the difference. Either a looted wagon or cheap battlewagon will do fine. If you don't have one, or don't want one in the list, then you shouldn't use the tankbustas at all. The same goes for burnas, by the way, should it come up.

Fourth, five nobz is a little light, even for biker nobz. I'd run six at the minimum (eight is best), or upgrade the warboss to a warboss on a bike and attach him. For the points, you could always scrap one of the units of footslogging boyz. Keeping this unit alive is more important then having a second unit of boyz. Otherwise, this unit looks really good.

Fifth, the footslogging boyz aren't bad, but for this list I think trukks would work better. It's just my opinion though. Footsloggers can certainly work fine.

Sixth, always field buggies and killa kans in as few units as possible. There's no advantage to keeping them together in a unit, since enemies will be able to fire at both at the same time (especially devastating when fighting Tau), and if one is immobilized, the other will have to stay within 2in of it for the rest of the game, unless you abandon the immobilized vehicle, destroying it.

Always field buggies individually, with one buggy per unit. The same goes for killa kans, when possible, but if you want a lot of kans, it's alright to group them together. Just don't do it when you have heavy slots available to use. Again, there is no advantage to keeping them in the same unit.

Seventh, I like the deff dreads the way they are. KMBs will be more effective, yes, but you'll only be hitting on 5+, and it costs an arm and a leg. I always give them big shootas, because it's cheap and makes it likely at least a few shots will hit each turn. I don't give them extra CCWs because I feel they're overpriced. A deff dread with big shootas alone isn't much inferior to one with extra CCWs, and they're much cheaper.

This list has a lot of promise, and I encourage you to keep working with it.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

Hey Big Mek Nutdragga and mynameisgrax i was rather surpized to get replies so fast thanks its much apperiated. I am useally waiting at least a week for any feedback.

I post this list on Da Waaah froum, thats a great ork forum and Have used both forums to alter my list i have came up with this! .

HQs
    Warboss Mordgrim, cybork body, Big Choppa, Warbike - 115
    Big Mek, kustom force field, cybork body - 95

Elites
    8 lootas, 3 meks, 3 big shootas - 165
    7 tankbuztas, nob, bosspole, - 170

Troops
    5 nobs, warbikes, 2 power klaws, waaagh banner, painboy, cybork bodies - 345
    12 Boyz, shootas, 1 big shoota, nob, power klaw, bosspole, Wartruck - 142
    12 Boyz, shootas, 1 big shoota, nob, power klaw, bosspole, Wartruck - 142
    Deff Dread, 2 extra big shootas - 85

Fast Attacks
    2 warbuggies, twin-linked big shootas
    1 Warbuggie, twin-linked rokkits launcher
    1 Warbuggie., twin-linked rokkit launcher
    Heavy Supports
    1 killa kan, big shoota
    1 killa kan, big shoota
    Looted Wagon, 1 big shootas, grot rigger - 45
    total - 1499

I had the thought that even tho i really want to do a foot slogging force that the my mobs of boyz would be way to slow to keep up with aloth of my fast stuff so. I went all mounted mostly.

My main ideas is warboss with nobz bikers, big mek with tank busterz in the looted wagon . I ditched the deth coptas for more buggies and get the wagon in. Put up the tank busterz 3 orkies this should make them alot of effective at tank busting indeed.

Any more feedback is welcome.
    Thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread