Swarms on a tourny? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Swarms on a tourny?

Hi guys,

Im having a 1700pts tourny on the 15th of june. And im concidering jusing a swarm list. I haven't ever played swarm before so im asking for advice on how to make my list. And its ganna be my first tourny with nids.

This is my first idea:

HQ
    4 Warriors, AG (WS+I), Bio plasma, EC, Flesh hooks, Leaping, TS, ST, Rending claws: 192pts
    4 Warriors, AG (WS+I), Bio plasma, EC, Flesh hooks, Leaping, TS, ST, Rending claws: 192pts

TROOPS
    30 Spinegaunts: 150pts
    30 Hormagaunta: 300pts
    30 Hormagaunts: 300pts
    20 Termagaunts: 120pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    2 Zoanthropes, synapse, warpblast: 130

TOTAL: 1684pts

This is a rough first sketch of my army, still worried about the low syanpse and AT I have (though I think im ganna ignore most vehicles)

If non of u guys thinks its a good idea, ill get back to my normal list, ill show it here to so u can say whats probably ganna do better.

HQ
    9 Warriors, AG (WS+I), Bio plasma, EC, Flesh hooks, Leaping, TS, ST, Rending claws: 432pts
    4 Warriors, AG (WS+I), Bio plasma, EC, TS, 2x ST: 144pts

ELITE
    4 Warriors, AG (WS+I), Bio plasma, EC, TS, 2x ST: 144pts

TROOPS
    22 Hormagaunts: 220pts
    21 Hormagaunts: 210pts
    21 Hormagaunts: 210pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Slasher killer fex, 2x ST, Toxic miasma, AG (WS): 113pts

1699pts

As said before, second list is my normal one. Dont even bother telling me my broods of 4 warriors need leaping, I didnt moddel leaping on those moddels and I want my army to be WYSIWYG.

The fexes arnt really populair aswell, but seem to do a good job in bestroying things my gaunts cant break (plague marines etc) and sometimes they even catch some fire so my warriors wont get hit. And in the rare case they seem pointless, they take an objective and win the game for me

So.. if u guys could give me soem advice what list I should use or any changes I should make... tell me. Remember its for a tourny.

A tear is only water, and a sigh is only air.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Come on guys.. ur not ganna tell me none of u has ever played swarm on a tourny...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL didn't even see this post - sorry!

A little worried with your originial list's Carnifex selection. How've they been in game? But I gotta tell you, I love the swarm of your new list. Anyone playing you will be demoralised like crazy. (People hate fighting this many models.) And good luck with ignoring vehicles - they'll tank shock you like crazy, especially with Land Speeders. I'd suggest reducing a squad of Hormagaunts and put in a shooty Carnifex, or a Hive Tyrant, or SOMETHING to take out vehicles. (Against Necrons I think that list would be awesome, however)

=]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude, if you have those models, great(first list) if you have about 3 more spine gaunts, you can afford it to be 31
    if you don't have 3 more spinegaunts, 2 more termagaunts..

and in your second list, you can split the 9 warriors up, try making a forth squad type of thing, cause 3 synapse sucks..

i wish i had that many gaunts thou, i only have 52. good luck(if iam not to late)

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by levitian View Post
    As said before, second list is my normal one. Dont even bother telling me my broods of 4 warriors need leaping, I didnt moddel leaping on those moddels and I want my army to be WYSIWYG.

Does leaping need to be WYSIWYG? I always thought it was one of those tricky ones that didnt have any specific way to represent them.

If at all possible at least one shooty A-T carnifex would be a sound investment, there's ignoring and then there's inviting. not sure how you would fit it in, maybe take a few less hormagaunts?

Or you could grab another warpblasty Zoanthrope and then you can at least nail anything that tries tank-shocking you. Ordinance related heavy armour will have a field day for the first few turns though, but I dont know how common that is in tournaments, if the answer is not very then go for it.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

This list looks alittle too easy to take out the synapse, thats why swarm armies aren't that great against someone who knows where to shoot, and just a little rules clarification (My friend borrowed my nid codex) when all synapse creatures are destroyed do the gaunts have to take a LD test every turn and go towards the board edge?

Sorry to hijack the thread, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they HAVE to take a ld test to move.. not shoot or charge(charge i think iam worng)
    if they fail they may lurk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

A little worried with your originial list's Carnifex selection. How've they been in game?
    So far they have done great, they're cheap as hell and got ingnored most of the time so they could help my gaunts in combat.

dude, if you have those models, great(first list)
    I bought the endless swarms box, zo yes I do have all the gaunts (just need to paint some)

and in your second list, you can split the 9 warriors up, try making a forth squad type of thing, cause 3 synapse sucks..
    Just 3 synapse, but 1 synapse for every unit in need of synapse

Does leaping need to be WYSIWYG? I always thought it was one of those tricky ones that didnt have any specific way to represent them.
    Leaping does NEEDS to be represented on the model, it sucks but its true and damm, converting warriors to leaping eats time

Or you could grab another warpblasty Zoanthrope and then you can at least nail anything that tries tank-shocking you. Ordinance related heavy armour will have a field day for the first few turns though, but I dont know how common that is in tournaments, if the answer is not very then go for it.
    There is just one army capable of fielding ondance heavy, IG. And IG isnt really common on tournies and if I might face some IG, to bad. Im just going to the tournie to have a great day, not to win.

This list looks alittle too easy to take out the synapse, thats why swarm armies aren't that great against someone who knows where to shoot, and just a little rules clarification (My friend borrowed my nid codex) when all synapse creatures are destroyed do the gaunts have to take a LD test every turn and go towards the board edge?
    True, anyone have some experience with nids could blow away my synapse with easy, if they decide to destroy it. But as said before, im just going to have a great day not for the win. So i hope they wont shoot my synapse

they HAVE to take a ld test to move.. not shoot or charge(charge i think iam worng)
    if they fail they may lurk.
    WRONG u have to decide if ur ganna move, if u dont want to muve, u can lurk (dont move but shoot). If u do wanna move, take a ld test, if failed move to nearest by synapse or table edge if no synapse is left. I u make the test (unlikely) u atc as normal until the start of your next turn.
    *if the last isnt allowed because of copyright or something, plz remove it mod*

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by levitian View Post
    There is just one army capable of fielding ondance heavy, IG. And IG isnt really common on tournies and if I might face some IG, to bad. Im just going to the tournie to have a great day, not to win.
    Then go for it, and even if you end up against IG dont worry too much (the more competitive IG lists are all infantry) because with that many models if you can hit their lines with synapse coverage then its muahahahahah time. Do try grabbing another Zoanthrope if possible though.

And enjoy it you certainly will. Well, at the very least you will enjoy the other persons face during the deployment phase .

Besides, immense amounts of expendable fodder is what tyranids SHOULD be.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

And enjoy it you certainly will. Well, at the very least you will enjoy the other persons face during the deployment phase .
    Hehe, hope i face some grey knight (just for fun) and tell him, for every moddel u have, I have ten 8X Guess that will be a bit of a walk over (unless he kills my synapse)

Besides, immense amounts of expendable fodder is what tyranids SHOULD be.
    Yep, though it wouold do better in 2000pts, would allow to take 300pts extra synapse.

+ Reply to Thread