I'm a changed man 1750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

I'm a changed man 1750

Hey, after a 1750 game yesterday against smurfs (my tyranid opponent canceled out) I took my standard list except I used a unit of 3 wraiths and a destroyer lord with a phase shifter and did a first turn charge with my monolith (thank you Kore for pointing it out in a thread on the Necron board)

and wow..... did they do alot of damage and catch the player off guard, the Destroyer lord even survived till the end of the game. The entire squad basically first turn charged right into a 5 man assault squad killed 3 of them they held, a 6 man tactical squad and 6 man assault squad charged in downed 2 wraiths I killed the last 2 guys from the other assault squad, my turn made both my wbb after monolith re-roll, ported them out re charged back in killed like 4 assault marines, one wraith went down to a power fist, next turn finished off the assault squad, both wraiths went down to a power fist in the tactical squad and the destroyer lord still nicking off little chunks of the tactical squad then the smuf player white flagged around turn 5.

I'm going to also use this list against Chaos, and Eldar . The chaos has enough 5 man squad I can hit, and Eldar I can just stay away from harel's and hit up dire avengers, guardians, and warp spiders. Well here it is.

1 Necron Lord
    - Destroyer Body
    - Phase Shifter

7 Immortals

6 Immortals

7 Immortals

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

3 Wraiths

3 Destroyers

3 Destroyers

1 Monolith

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Yeah CC Crons! Work well dont they

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x5)

Yeah, wraiths have been getting to me lately, I find they work really well with this list.

I especially like the first turn charge, the monolith has so many endless possibilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me ask how did you use the monolith to get first turn charge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x5)

Basically first put your monolith the very edge of your deployment zone go as far as you possibly can (which will bring you 24 inchs away from a enemy unit. Deploy your wraiths and d lord off to side not to far away (preferably of out line of sight) then move 6 inchs with the monolith, teleport the wraiths and d lord move them out the full 2" from the portal , move 12 inchs , assault 6 inchs.

Look at the Necron chapter approved and necrons can move and assault after getting out of the portal.

so to put it simply, you have 24 inch gap. so you go 24 -6 - 2 - 12 - 6 = -2 which gives you around 26 inchs to work with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay thanks i might take that into account when im doing a ghost army

+ Reply to Thread