1250 pts newcomer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 pts newcomer

I have decided to start tyranids after playing warhammer and 40k for 2.5 years. Theyre pretty new to me bt this is whati plan to get first. i dont have the codex but my mate calculated this for me and its about 1250pts

Hive Tyrant
    Winged,2 Scything Talons,Toxin Sacs,Warp field.Toxic Miasma,Adrenal Glands(WS),Flesh Hooks

3 Warroirs - Leaping,Extended Carapace,Scything Talons,Rending, Enchanced sences, extended carapace
    3 Warroirs - Leaping,Extended Carapace,Scything Talons,Rending, Enchanced sences, extended carapace

8 Genstealers - Extended Carapace
    8 Genstealers - Extended Carapace

8 gaunts
    8 gaunts
    8 gaunts
    8 gaunts

3 Raveners -Rending and Scything Talons

Canifex - 2 Twin-Linked Devours,Enchanced Senses
    Canifex - 2 Twin-Linked Devours,Enchanced Senses

Any Advice would be helpful as long as its not too critical i am only a newcomer

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A error on your warriors why have enhanced senses when no gun also you only aloud one extended carapace per figure so no second extended carapace on the warriors so if you drop those you have a lot more points.

What are your gaunts equipped with and advise having a sniperfex you will drop a few warriors or genstealers for one as you will need it for anti tank coverage

i would put ya ravengers in 2 separate squads of 1 and drop one as you don't need a third
    also with the gaunts having squads of 8 are rather small and you seem to have a lot of points spare by my calculation let me check

hive tyrant is 192
    warriors are 210
    Genstealer are 320
    Gaunts are(if termagants) 224 (if spinegants) its 160 (if devilgants) its 320 if its Hormagants its 320

Raveners are 120
    Carnifexs are 113+113

so a total of around 1292-1388

i would push the army to 1500 and add a sniperfex which are
    Canifex
    Vemon Cannon,Barbed Strangler,Enhanced senses,Reinforced chitin,bonded exoskeleton and extended carapace at 208 points

or Vemon Cannon,Barbed Strangler,Enhanced senses,Reinforced chitin and extended carapace for 188 points

or Vemon Cannon,Barbed Strangler,Enhanced senses,Reinforced chitin,bonded exoskeleton for 183 points (Recommended)

or Vemon Cannon,Barbed Stragler,Enhanced senses and Reinforced chitin for 163 Points

once ya done that add some more gaunts and maybe some ripper swarms

+ Reply to Thread