2000pt Kroot Merc with Imperial Armor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Kroot Merc with Imperial Armor

I used the Army Builder program to make this army. It's my first kroot merc army so I made it with some pieces for a little bit of everything. I use my shaper council as tank hunters with wings and eviscerators, my master shaper is pretty much just for fun but he can be useful in some aspects, I have headhunters for a little CC punch, I have a carnivore squad of 19 including a shaper, my first thing from imperial armor is the baggage knarloc mostly cuz I thought it would be a good hit for a troop unit and it would be able to take out some high toughness units, I have vultures for fast attack because they can get close and shoot close then back out during assault phase, my second addition from Imperial Armor is my knarloc rider heard they really do pack and can take out strong units, I have a krootox pack with 10 kroot including a shaper with 3 krootox, and finally for the biggy the third and final Imperial Armor addition is my Great Knarloc with 5 kroot including a shaper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroot Army List

to make it simpler ill just make a formal list. number of troops in unit will be in parenthesis"()"

all of the individual kroot (not hounds, krootox, or knarlocs) have fast reflexes.

HQ:

166 pts - (3) Master Shaper w/ 2 kroot hounds, Blood of the Stalker, Mark of the Favoured Child, Surefoot Charm, Veneration Charm, a Power Weapon, a Plasma Gun, Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs, Auspex, Hyperactive Nymune Organ.

462 pts - (5) 1 Shaper w/ Bolt Pistol, Eviscerator, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Auspex, Kroothawk totem, Surfoot Charm, and Wings
    2 Shapers w/ Bolt Pistols, Eviscerators, Frag Grenades, Auspex, Veneration Charms (For Eviscerators), and wings.
    2 Shapers w/ Power Weapons, Meltaguns, Krak Grenades, Frag Grenades, Auspex, Surefoot Charms, and Wings
    Elite:
    291 pts - (16) Headhunter Kindred 15 w/ kroot rifles, krak grenades, and Hyperactive Nymune Organ
    1 Shaper w/ Blood of Stalker, Surefoot Charm, CCW, Flamer, Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs, and Auspex

Troop:

258 pts - (19) Carnivore Kindred 18 w/ Kroot Rifle. 1 Shaper w/ Blood of the Stalker, Surefoot Charm, CCW, Flamer, Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs, and an Auspex

45 pts - (3) Great Knarloc Baggage Heard: Great Baggage Knarloc (1) w/ claws. 2 Goads w/ kroot rifle

Fast Attack:

203 pts - (10) Vulture Kindred 9 w/ wings and kroot rifles. 1 Shaper w/ Blood of the Stalker, Shurefoot Charm, Power Weapon, flamer, and Krak Grenades

120 pts - (3) Knarloc Rider Herd w/ Kroot Rifle (the stats make up for lack of equipment)

324 pts - (13) 9 Kroot w/ kroot rifles. 1 Shaper w/ blood of stalker, surefoot charm, Power Weapon, Flamer, Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs, and an Auspex

131 pts - Goaded Great Knarloc Herd (6) 4 goads w/ Kroot Rifle. 1 Shaper w/ pulse rifle and shaper upgrade. 1 Great Knarloc w/ claws and rending beak.

If you have any recommendations for anything pst, and if you can give me any name suggestions for this list thatd be nice
    Last edited by Warpstepper; June 3rd, 2008 at 04:39. Reason: changed list around

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpstepper View Post
    166 pts - (3) Master Shaper w/ 2 kroot hounds, Blood of the Stalker, Mark of the Favoured Child, Surefoot Charm, Veneration Charm, a Power Weapon, a Plasma Gun, Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs, Auspex, Hyperactive Nymune Organ.
    Way too much stuff clunked onto this guy, IMO. You could drop the Plasma Gun or replace it with a Meltagun (Kroot armies tend to lack anti-tank, so it'd be very useful) and you should also drop the Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs, and Auspex; none will be overly useful for this guy. You might consider dropping his two Hounds so you can run him in another squad as some solid CC support.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpstepper
    360 pts - (5) Shaper Council w/ bolt pistols, Eviscerators, Krak Grenades, Auspex, and Wings
    Krak Grenades and Auspexes can be dropped, easily. The Eviscerators are solid but not if you're planning on CC with them; I tend to give them Meltaguns instead for some more anti-tank, but Eviscerators are solid anti-tank against anything but skimmers. There's also no reason at all to give them Bolt Pistols, so I'd recommend shaving those off as well.

Elite:

325 pts - (17) Headhunter Kindred 16 w/ kroot rifles, krak grenades, and Hyperactive Nymune Organ
    1 Shaper w/ Blood of Stalker, Surefoot Charm, CCW, Eviscerator, Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs, and Auspex
    Krak Grenades and Melta Boms? Use one or the other. You can't attack with both in one combat phase, and you also can't use them if you're using the Eviscerator, which is a far superior anti-tank option. I recommend dropping them both. Also, do you need the Blood of the Stalker and Surefoot Charm, if you already have them on another model? (Can you even take them multiple times?) Headhunters are the ones who need a 4+ to wound anything, correct? You might drop a few of them to shave some points (and because you won't need so many). Personally, I tend to prefer snipers.

Troop:

259 pts - (19) Carnivore Kindred 18 w/ Kroot Rifle. 1 Shaper w/ Blood of the Stalker, Surefoot Charm, Bolt Pistol, Eviscerator, Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs, and an Auspex
    Why so many Auspexes? I'd recommend dropping all of them in the army to shave off some points. If you have points leftover later, you can put them in then. Same goes with Krak Grenades and Meltabombs; you'll be using the Eviscerator on vehicles, not those. Also, that Bolt Pistol on your Shaper is a waste; Eviscerators are two-handed weapons and thus you can't get an extra attack by having a pistol.

45 pts - (3) Great Knarloc Baggage Heard: Great Baggage Knarloc (1) w/ claws. 2 Goads w/ kroot rifle
    Forge World rules? I know nothing about these so can't comment.

Fast Attack:

270 pts - (13) Vulture Kindred 12 w/ wings and kroot rifles. 1 Shaper w/ Blood of the Stalker, Shurefoot Charm, Bolt Pistol, Eviscerator, Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs, and an Auspex
    Same goes for Auspex/grenades/bombs/bolt pistol. You would do well to bump this up to a bigger squad, maybe around 16 Vultures.

120 pts - (3) Knarloc Rider Herd w/ Kroot Rifle (the stats make up for lack of equipment)
    Are these also from Forge World? Can't help with that.

324 pts - (13) 9 Kroot w/ kroot rifles. 1 Shaper w/ blood of stalker, surefoot charm, Power Weapon, Flamer, Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs, and an Auspex
    What is this squad? I'd recommend dropping the Flamer, Krak Grenades, Auspex, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon, toss in an Eviscerator, and get some Kroot Hounds. 10 Hounds and 10 Carnivores is a solid squad.. or even 8 Carnivores and 10 Hounds.

131 pts - Goaded Great Knarloc Herd (6) 4 goads w/ Kroot Rifle. 1 Shaper w/ pulse rifle and shaper upgrade. 1 Great Knarloc w/ claws and rending beak.
    Can't help here either, though that Pulse Rifle is not going to be worth it, let me tell you.

Be sure to check out the other Kroot lists around here, there are some very solid ones. You need to get as many Kroot on the board as you can; overly expensive units and too many upgrades (that you can't use, half the time here) will kill this list.

Hope this helps!

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

well I agree with LN innearly everythng he says, nut I tend to like eviscerators I really finds them usefull.

For the FW stuff I'll say that I've never really figured the idea with beggage heard but perhaps youm can enlight me...

The gnarlock riders are great, perhaps nit worth their cost but indeed fun to use and a great gnarlocks tears things to pieces.

But drop all bombs and auxpect you won't need them
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I made some changes and I took out some auspexes and only i split it from melta and krak grenades, i also put in a little bit of frag grenades cuz kroot are mainly ment to pack a punch in the first or second terms so I took out a couple of units and enhanced the number of guys in some units so thanks for the tips they were really helpful Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread