1250 "Shadows" raiding force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 "Shadows" raiding force

so heres a list that i've want to make for awhile but was never able to.... until now that is. i'm still in the prosses of play testing it, but so far its not doing half bad. please bear in mind this is in no way a "conventional" DE list, as i tried to make a list that you almost never see.

H.Q.

Archon, agoniser, splinter pistol, grusome talisman, plasma grenades, shadow feild 110
    Retinue: 6 warriors, 2 splinter cannons 68
    Raider, screaming jets 70

ELITES

7 mandrakes 105

TROOPS

Raider squad: 6 warriors, splinter cannon, blaster 63

FAST ATTACK

5 hellions 90

HEAVY SUPPORT

5 scourges, 4 splinter cannons 160
    Ravager, 2 disintegrators, screaming jets 125

TOTAL 1250

sadly i haven't played any MEQs with this list yet, but it gives IG a head ache. questions and comments always welcome.

"War is crulity. It is of no use trying to reform it. The cruler it is, the faster its over." William Sherman

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

How is the HQ combat monster pairing up with the shooty retinue?

And the other different choice of ‘screaming jets’ with their deepstriking ability, how does that play out for you?

It’s certainly different I must say!
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my archon i'm seriously considering of dropping in favor of the decapitator, then i could use the retinue as another raider squad (never can have too many).

as for the deep striking? it seems to work out pretty well, the shock value that it has can't be beat. i love watching my opponents reaction when all i place on the board is 3 mandrakes and i tell them i'm done deploying... priceless...

another option i'm considering is dropping my ravager for another raider squad. with 5th edition right around the corner and troops being the only units able to hold objectives i don't think maxing out my troops would be a bad idea.
    "War is crulity. It is of no use trying to reform it. The cruler it is, the faster its over." William Sherman

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRaven View Post
    my archon i'm seriously considering of dropping in favor of the decapitator, then i could use the retinue as another raider squad (never can have too many).
    If you can drop down the Archon to a Dracon - to save on points but still keep a cc expert in the list.

Drop the retinue - you don't need a retinue to get your HQ on a raider any more. You can now "assign" your HQ to any squad while in reserve in 5th edition. So taking a warrior retinue does nothing for you when you can just make them a troop choice raider squad and then put the Dracon on it (even when deep striking). Now you got a scoring unit rather than a useless retinue - in other words, the retinue would be a killpoint while a raider squad is a killpoint and a scoring unit. I would use these points along with the points saved on the Dracon and get yourself a Decapitator!

as for the deep striking? it seems to work out pretty well, the shock value that it has can't be beat.
    Deepstriking rules got way better - I will be deepstriking more.

another option i'm considering is dropping my ravager for another raider squad. with 5th edition right around the corner and troops being the only units able to hold objectives i don't think maxing out my troops would be a bad idea.
    Although it may be a good idea, a balanced list will preform better. Non-troop units can still "contest" objectives although they cant claim them. Contest objectives while your troops claim the others and thats a huge victory swing in your favor - dont give up on the other non-troop selections, they must still work together as a whole!
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

+ Reply to Thread