1500 pt Mechanized - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt Mechanized

HQ

Farseer 120
    Doom, Guide, Spirit Stones

Troops

Dire Avengers 307
    9 Avengers
    1 Exarch with Bladestorm & two Shuriken catapults
    Wave Serpent with bright lances and vectored engines

Dire Avengers 307
    9 Avengers
    1 Exarch with Bladestorm & two Shuriken catapults
    Wave Serpent with bright lances and vectored engines

Elite

Howling Banshees 306
    8 Banshees
    1 Exarch with an Executioner
    Wave Serpent with missile launchers and vectored engines

Heavy Support

Falcon 160
    Holofields, Spirit stones

Support Weapons 150
    3 Vibro Cannons

I plan on sticking the vibro cannons somewhere safe and send in the 4 vehicles 24" to get up close, where the banshees can take care of anything powered and numerous with the aid of the Farseer and the harlies will destroy any heavies, while the avengers destroy anything light.

One pencil stab isn't dangerous, 20 000 pencil stabs are. Although the one pencil that hits you in the eye...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list look pretty good,

I can understand why you would prefer vectored engines to spiritstones in your tactics so that's fine.

But your saying your harlies, I cannot find them in your list, so change the text or change the list.

Eventhough your playing mechanized you still want Support plats.. why??
    1 the guardains that guard them are as though as a paperbag
    2 their weapons are good, but not briljant because you still fire with BS 3.
    3 And if someone deepstrikes behind them, nothing can back them up, so you wasted like 150pts (think of the droppod assault, but also other deepstriking units in turn 2+)

I would recommand a Fireprism.. and as the falcon doesn't seem to carry a thing (unless he carries the harlies you forgot to mention) I would replace him with a prism as well.
    Then you have a thougher to kill weapon platform that can both kill tanks and hit troops hard, even MEQ's with a linked pancake.

And I'm not such a fan of EML, I would go for scatterlasers. But that's up to you.

Hope it helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

You have limited anti tank, swap the weapon plats out for fire dragons and call it a day. Get rid of the vectored engines too, you could field another troop choice with all those points, what are the chance of all of your tanks failing a difficult terrain check? More over what are the chances of getting all of you tank immobilized after going flat out? The TL brightlances are nice, but they are taking up a lot of points, and i believe that you have to buy a second gun for the falcon.

Since all of the troops you are taking have a BS of 4 anyway guide won't help you that much, you can take guide for the falcon, which is nice, but you might as well just take a second seer if that's the case, that way you're not totally screwed if the one farseer dies. Plus it'd give you a little bit more antitank. You'd probably be better served by taking just a doom seer and free up those ~50 pts. A single fire prism is okay-ish, a wraithlord is a much more reliable tablemate if you are only taking one, expecially because they hand cover saves out like popcorn at the movies.

A 1500 list that i just ran had a a very similar feel to it, except i brought all the same units you did (minus the weapon plats and one exarch) plus a fire prism, plus an extra doom seer w/ runes of warding, pathfinders and fire dragons. Those big guns and vectored engines are using up a whooooole lotta points. Sure i didn't have any shots of lance, but the fire dragons made very short work of anything tanky on the field. You mention harlies but i don't see them on the list, which would definately explain why the list is so short.

Oh and you'll get yelled at by a mod for posting the point values.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could switch out Guide for Fortune instead, and get some Prisms for anti-tank. Some naked Prisms or Prisms with Holofields/Spirit Stones instead of the Falcon and Vibrocannons should leave you enough points for Fortune. Fortune will increase the chances your Wave Serpents will make their 4+ save while moving flat out. The Fire Prisms will give you anti-tank power. The Falcon, tbh, doesn't really add much in this list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Unless they are carrying something, falcons are useless, just get a fire prism.

2. Support platforms dont work in mech lists.

The Hand that guides.

+ Reply to Thread