1500 point army, need help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

1500 point army, need help!

Ok, I've recently inheirted a necron army from a friend. I have so many units with which to make a 1500point army and looking to see what units you feel I MUST have for a 1500 point army, or can I make due for now.

My inventory includes:
    40 warriors
    4 flayed ones
    6 destroyers
    12 scarab bases
    1 necron lord (with orb)
    2 wraiths
    2 tomb spyders
    1 immortal (can't use, below minimum)

This gives me 1520+(ish) without wargear and such. I don't like that build for an army and was looking to see what direction people think I should blow my money. I know there's alot of opinions. I'll take ANYTHING you can give me (yes I'm a newbie again, haven't played for years).

Thinking about building this army:
    39 warriors
    Necron lord (with orb and Veil)
    Monolith
    6 destroyers
    5 scarab bases
    > Basically this gives me units I already have with only having to buy the monolith. The idea is to be able to get out of close combat (hence 19 go with lord) and 2x10 stay within support of Monolith and each other.

Long term I would love to have 10 immortals, but good god they are SPENDY! $100 for 10 is sad!

What are your thoughts, try to think 'cheap' too. Would you field wraiths or the tomb spyders? I hear they suck atm since wraiths can be wiped out and denied WBB and tomb spyders, kinda aren't needed that bad. Was thinking about fielding one, just to make sure the group of 19 survives. Also is 1500pts too low to justify a monolith?

"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

1500 is plenty to justify taking a Lith.

Im unsure about the q9 warriors, a normal unit of 10 should be fine to accompany the Lord if needs be Of course you could always just use / proxy / convert them as Immortals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x5)

As Phoenix said a lith in 1500 is great, I would say take only about 20 - 30 warriors, and if you can find ANY way to actually get immortals do it. It will be well worth your money.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

Thanks for the tips

Ok, so I'll grab the lith and field the warriors for now. Long term I'll work on the immortals (I sure wish they'd make cheaper plastic immortals).

So current list:
    Lord (Orb+Veil)
    39 warriors
    6 destroyers
    5 scarab bases
    Monolith

Eventually:
    25 warriors
    Lord (Veil+Orb) - Goes with immortals
    10 immortals
    6 destroyers
    5 scarab bases
    Monolith
    [This army is 1525, what would you lose? One immortal, 1-2 warriors, the scarabs??? Should I modify it and get a 2nd lord with orb to stand with the warriors?]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x5)

For you list right now, drop the veil of darkness (it's pretty useless without immortals) and then pick up 1 more warriors and split them into 4 x 10 and get as many more scarabs as you can.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by gauss_storm View Post
    For you list right now, drop the veil of darkness (it's pretty useless without immortals) and then pick up 1 more warriors and split them into 4 x 10 and get as many more scarabs as you can.
    My buddy was bringing Chaos Demons, so I was concerned about him deep striking alot and getting in CC real quick. So being able to veil 1 squad out, and Lith the other squad was my thought process. But in general helps keep me out of CC, and shoot on my terms. I agree Immortals would be nicer though...

I've been thinking about 1 more wraith but concerned they could be killed and denied WBB, or using a squad of flayed ones but they just don't seem very strong for CC without power weapons, etc. Thoughts, or just ignore CC all together, even in 2000pt games? I know the lord with a warscythe is NASTY, but moving with flayed ones and gaze of flame seems nasty. Just a matter of getting them close enough...thoughts? Does Cron CC really work?
    Last edited by Dark Trainer; June 10th, 2008 at 01:03.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

So I've decided to convert 9 more warriors into immortals using the flayers of some bits. I'll have 10 immortals now. They just sound so GOOD not to take at least one squad? Thanks for the tips.

Link to conversion thread:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-warriors.html
    Last edited by Dark Trainer; June 13th, 2008 at 18:34.

+ Reply to Thread