1500 points of eldar that don't lose - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points of eldar that don't lose

hello,

im new to the site havent quite worked out the in's and out's yet, ive been playing warhammer 40,000 for a while now and ive recently made the transition from space marines to eldar, ive played 6 games with my current eldar army and i have lost every single time, im not here just to win but the army has been massacered every game not a single figure left after about 5 turns, no matter how i try and play i can't seem to get anywhere, the majority of people that play are using space marines or the infamous death guard (blooming feel no pain), and at the recomendation of someone from my wargames club im here to ask for some advice and tips for my army which is currently as follows:

1x autarch (warp spider jump pack, mandiblasters, fusion gun, scorpion chainsword)
    1x autarch (swooping hawk wings, power weapon, banshee mask)
    1x farseer (spirit stones, doom, guide)
    3 x warlocks (1 with singing spear,destructor, embolden, enhance)

6x striking scorpions (exarch, scorpions claw, shadow strike, stalker)
    6x harlequins ( 2 fusion pistols, 2 kiss', troupe master with power weapon)

10x dire avengers (exarch with dire sword and pistol, defend and bladestorm)
    5x rangers (pathfinders)
    12x guardians (starcannon, + wave serpent with TL starcannons and a shuriken cannon)

5x warp spiders (exarch, exarch death spinner and power blades, withdraw)

5x dark reapers (exarch with shuriken cannon and fast+crack shot)
    1x war walker (useually with a starcannon and a bright lance)

any help would be very much apreciated, thanks in advance
    luke

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know that a new edition of the game is coming out but for the remaining games this year and the competitions remaining this year my club is sticking with the current edition 4th i believe. so any waould would again be apreciated thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Go out and buy 3 Falcons, give them 2 shuriken Cannons, holo fields, spirit stones, vectored engines. Buy 12 more harlequins split them into 2 squads of 6 give them 5 kisses, shadow seer, and a troupe master.

Load the 3 squads into the falcons and watch your opponents cry, then proceed to wipe the entire board with they're power armoured bottoms.

This is a very popular list cause it's mean in close combat, decent at shooting, and the falcons are VERY difficult to kill. Throw in a avatar or a farseer on a jetbike. Some guardian jetbikes in (mainly to fill up the 2 troop choices) I would personally prefer mech'd avengers with blade storm, and a unit of 7 warp spiders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

You have 3 HQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

First off, as Dire said, too much HQ. Drop one of those autarchs.

Second, if you primarily play Marines, you might consider dropping the Striking Scorpions. As much as I like them, banshees are better in this case. If you don't want to drop them, at least max the squad out.

I don't have any experience with Harlies, but I would possibly consider dropping the troupe master for a shadowseer to lend a little more survivability to the squad.

I would also consider changing your DA exarch's equipment to either dual catapults or a power weapon and shimmershield. If you're looking to get up close, the shimmershield will help keep your guys alive. If not, you can probably drop Defend, go with dual cats and bladestorm like crazy.

If you find that your pathfinders aren't doing so well (something that seems fairly common) you might just go with more Dire Avengers.

Warp Spiders are a good jack of all trades. More would be helpful.

If I were you, I'd find the points for another Dark reaper and split it into two squads of three, and I'd give the exarches their barrage weapons. Dead killy to marines

If you're not fighting a lot of armor, I'd drop the bright lance from your war walker. Two scatter lasers does a good job of mowing anything down, including marines.

Hope that helps some.
    I think you need to spend more time on your floor.

2500 Black Templars
    7-3-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know i have three HQ choices, the listing was for my entire army i forgot to mention the point, i normally drop the autarch with the swooping hawk wings as it seems to be the least usefull one. thanks for the help guys, i will have to put this into practise, having just played a practice game of 5th edition with my space marines the battle field looks a bit more survivable with ,my eldar now.

thanks luke

+ Reply to Thread