1850 Point Tau/ Farsight List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Point Tau/ Farsight List

Well here is my shot at a Farsight list. Comments and Critiscisms welcome.

HQ:

Farsight
    1x Shas'vre, airbursting fragmentation projector, burst cannon, multi-tracker, hard-wired drone controller, 2x sheild drones
    1x Shas'vre, cyclic ion blaster, burst cannon, multi-tracker, hard-wired drone controller, 2x sheild drones
    2x Shas'vre, flamer, burst cannon, multi-tracker, hard-wired drone controller, 2x sheild drones
    3x Shas'vre, plasma rifle, fusion blaster, multi-tracker, targeting array, target lock, hard-wired drone controller, 2x sheild drones
    = 866

Shas'el, plasma rifle, fusion blaster, multi-tracker, targeting array
    = 97

Elites:

3x Shas'ui, burst cannon, flamer, multi-tracker
    = 126

= 126

= 126

Troops:

Shas'ui, markerlight, target lock
    9x Shas'la
    = 125

9x Shas'la
    = 125

9x Shas'la
    = 125

9x Shas'la
    = 125

Total: 1841
    Model Count: 58

Thanks for reading the list, and leaving feedback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Not much for using Farsight myself, but its better to get some response rather than none at all.>_>

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth00055 View Post
    Farsight
    I don't use him myself, but he can be pretty decent; if your going for a Farsight list and not just an enclave one, he's kind of a must anyway.

1x Shas'vre, cyclic ion blaster, burst cannon, multi-tracker, hard-wired drone controller, 2x sheild drones
    I used to use gunblades all the time (thats a suit with BC and CI but I've found that a centurion (PR and CI can do a bit better. You won't have the shot output of the gunblade but you would benefit from a high powered shot with a bit more range or two high powered shots. I would also hard wire the multi-tracker and get this suit a targetting array if you can; the more shots it fires the more chances it has to hit, with a higher BS those hits can only go up.

2x Shas'vre, flamer, burst cannon, multi-tracker, hard-wired drone controller, 2x sheild drones
    Personally, I'd shy away from flamers, and a flamer-burst cannon combo seems really strange because even though both weapons are troop killers, the range required for the flamer means that your running the risk of getting charged. (Not the worst thing with Farsight, but he's only one CC fighter, and dedicated CC units will beat him and his suits in the end.) I would suggest not using these two suits.

3x Shas'vre, plasma rifle, fusion blaster, multi-tracker, targeting array, target lock, hard-wired drone controller, 2x sheild drones
    Not bad suits, though I generally don't use them on non IC suits.

Farsight included, this unit eats up over 800pts and is made up of just eight suits and fourteen drones. Its expensive, massive, and built to do a lot of tasks at close range. I would seriously consider scaling this unit down to maybe four suits and a lot less drones.

= 97
    Like the helios, though I've found that a ring of gun drones can help it survive longer when not hiding behind cover. (Something it may not be able to do when getting a shot at some armour.)

= 126
    Like before, the weapons are a bit strange and the range of the flamer could put you close enough to be charged if your not careful. Between the nine suits you have built like this, I'd strongly suggest swapping some out for other builds like deathrain's (twin linked missile pods), fireknives (plasma rifle-missile pod), or even firestorms (burst cannon-missile pod).

Your list is absolutely lacking in high strength ranged weaponry and ranged anti-armour of any kind. At this point level, you will be more than likely to come up against an army which uses armour you cannot get that close to because of other threats.

9x Shas'la
    = 125
    Marker squads are nice, but I would definately suggest turning one or two into mobile units.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Farsight
    Yup, you pretty much need him if you're playing a Farsight list, don't you? In all seriousness though, I wonder how you plan on using him. Based upon his bodyguard, I think that you plan on staying pretty close to your enemies. I can only say "Don't do it!". In actuality, I've found that the huge bodyguard is pretty easy to nullify if you can lock them in CC with some huge tarpit unit. My other army is BT, and if they can get to this unit in CC, they'll hold them their for a long time, Farsight or not. To prevent this, I've taken to using longer range suits on Farsight, and keeping the unit 24" to 30" away from any possible attackers. One power weapon and a few crisis just can't do the damage that they have to in CC to get out quickly, but they do possess the amount of firepower you need to kill 8-12 marines per turn.

1x Shas'vre, airbursting fragmentation projector, burst cannon, multi-tracker, hard-wired drone controller, 2x sheild drones
    They all seem fine if you want to play up close and in your face Farsight. I've run the huge squad, and have finally settled on 4 Fireknive4 configurations with SDs as bodyguard. The huge unit you have will either win the game for you, or lose it if they can't score. All in all, I would consider giving a few models MPs, and also TLs so that they can target transports or whatever, to help prevent the unit from getting locked into CC when you don't want it to.

This guy is a great HQ. I've also found that the Ninja'O is a good parallel to Farsight's BG, letting him hold up certain units that might be in range to charge Farsight next turn.

No flamers on crisis. Deathrain4s make great units in a Farsight list. They have the range and the damage potential to cause havoc early on, and if you really want a flamer, you can get one on the deathrain3.

Um....

Seriously? 3 units of a sub-par crisis config. I think that I would run 2 squads of Deathrains, and maybe look at either some firestorms or stealth suits to help with light infantry duty.

9x Shas'la x 4
    Don't forget your free BK!

Overall, I think you need some more long range tank/transport killing. For example, my 2 LRC BT list at this point level could definately put up a serious problem for the one unit you have that can realistically hurt it (outside of the Farsight BG: your 2nd HQ) with their Jump troops (they'll all die, but who cares), and then run nuts through your whole army (Baring the Farsight PW). Even in the Farsight Deathbomb lists, you still need balance overall in the list. I think that an XV-88 could help with that (perhaps cut down the squads of crisis to 2 each... so 3 squads of 2 deathrains). This could let you keep the farsight unit for close range (which is what you seem to want to do), and still destroy transports (deathrains) and tanks (1 XV-8 at range.

So the list could look something like:
    Farsight
    Big Bodyguard (12-24" effective range, but it's up to you)
    Helios HQ (12-24" effective range)

2 Deathrain (36" effective range)

4 Troops (30" effective range)

1 XV-88 w/2 SDs (anything-on-the-table-can-die effective range)

I hope you see what I'm suggesting with the ranges overlapping in the entire army. I've found this to be key when the big man makes an appearance in my Enclave lists.

And don't forget, you don't necessarily need the big-guy himself to run a Farsight themed list. I do it, and I'm pretty sure darkreever does it, too. And if everyone is doing it...
    Last edited by Y'he Sha'is; June 12th, 2008 at 13:58.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your gonna do flamers on the suits i suggest fusion blasters for the second weapon then. its about the same range and adds some anti-tank to your force. your current list only got 4 shortrange tank killer guns so the more u get the better.

+ Reply to Thread