1800 HoH wych Cult List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

1800 HoH wych Cult List

We just finished a tournament called the Warlord's Challenge which was basically Armageda-con 7. As in past years I'm posting my list and mini battle synopsis. Bottom line I took a feeble force and did pretty well:
    Armageddo-con 5 - 12th Generalship, 23rd overall (29 players)
    Fallcon '06 - 1st Generalship, no overall scoring (12 players)
    Octocon '06 - 3rd Generalship, 7th overall (16 players)
    Armageddo-con 6 - 4th Generalship, 5th overall (30 players)
    Octocon '07 - 4th Generalship (tied with 4 others), 15th overall (25 players)
    Warlord's Challenge - 3rd Generalship, 12th overall (32 players)

LINK to past post

I decided this year I would not go to win but to move some good looking models around the table and focus on meeting new players and enjoy seeing some tournament friends again.

Archite - Agonizer, Pistol, Talisman, Grenades, T-Rack, Drugs, S-Field

Drachite - Agonizer, Pistol, Grenades, Drugs
    Retinue ( - Grenades; +1 Succubus w Agonizer, T-Rack, Talisman
    Raider

3x Wych Squad (9) - Grenades; +1 Succubus w Agonizer, T-Rack, Talisman
    Raider

2x Sniper Squads

5 Hellions + Succubus w Punisher, T-Helm

5 Reaver Jetbikes - 2x blasters

Ravager w 3 dissintegrators, N-Shield

Game 1 vs Lost and the Damned - His Crushing Victory
    Winged Prince w Lash
    3x 20 Mutants with 2 flamers lead by Aspiting Champ w PF
    3x Leman Russ - 1 with HB sponsons, 1 w Las sponsons, 1 with H-Flamer sponsons
    3x Infiltrating LasCannons w crew (they deployed seperately)
    1 small squad of infiltrating chosen squad of Chosen with special weapons
    He won deployment and he won first turn and shot everything down on turn 1. After that he basically just waded in and mopped up with superior numbers. Unfortunately the objective was to kill the enemy HQ for +250 VP and he shot my Archite's Raider down way way at the back of the table so he couldn't get to me. It doesn't matter how many players sign up for a tournament here we always end up playing against each other. We're both highly competative and called each other on several rules points. I loved it.

Game 2 vs Khorne - My Solid Victory
    Winged DP
    8 Bikers (no champion)
    2 Spawn
    Predator Annihilator
    Predator Destructor
    2x 8 Berserkers (one squad had a Rhino?)
    2x 6 man squad w ML
    This was the first opponent's best friend and he groaned when we got matched up because he hasn't beaten me yet. This guy is super cool and easy going so I knew it would be a more relaxing game than the first. After Lancing his Tanks and DP it all came down to a big scrum with almost all our units. His bikers failed moral somehow on the last turn and that was enough points for a win for me.

Game 3 vs Eldar - My Victorious Slaughter!
    Farseer
    8 Striking Scorpions
    Artillery Battery (of 2 guns, ordinance)
    2x 12 Guardians w Heavy Weapon platform & Warlock
    2 War Walkers
    WraithLord
    This map had small a couple small trees in the middle and lots of firing lanes. He basically set up his gun line in the back row. I moved up to the middle of the left flank, bikes, 3 raiders and hellions all behind one building. When I saw I couldn't reach him I withdrew back to my board edge. he moved up then and I tried it again with predicatable results... right up until I hit his Avatar. WS 10 is a biotch, I just couldn't land enough agonizers. I'm not sure which of us was the worse sport in this match actually. I refused to engage at first and he refused to play out the game turn when the organizers called time (it would have taken 60 seconds).

Game 4 vs DIY Marines - My Victorious Slaughter!
    Terminator Chaplain + 5 Termies in a Land Raider
    Razorback w HB + 6 man Squad w Melta
    Predator
    Demolisher
    Land Speeder
    2x Venerable Dreadnaughts
    8 man squad w ML
    6 man Assautl Squad
    I won first turn and Lanced the LR, Demolisher and Pred into total slag. Turn 2 dropped the Speeder, Razorback and one Dread. Turn 3 saw the Termies annihilated in assault and the remaining turns were spent mounting up again and chasing down his Assautl squad and last dread. I rolled poorly on massacre moves and his Dread got into CC on the last turn so I couldn't kill it. This match had a laundry list of things stacked against him:
    1) his list vs my list was doomed (8 Lances vs 8 Tanks = neutered tanks)
    2) I rolled pretty good with the Lances
    3) he didn't understand some basic rules and didn't have nearly my experience with 4th Ed
    4) I won first turn
    5) he was dyslexic, on drugs for a broken neck, tired from his 10 month old keeping him up late... and one or two other things I probably forget.

It wasn't quite MarineHammer this time for which I was thankful. The event had been expanded to include MAD Grox Racing, a Warpstone contest as well as BFG so it felt like a much bigger deal than normal. I loved it.

I started out with the idea of playing for fun but when I got my first opponent (the usual suspect) I got instantly competative and particularly blood thirsty in the last two games. Oddly enough I got mediocre army scores, even with Hellions and Bikes which just tells me that people are still too focused on 'wtf is up with wych weapons?', 'total cheese'. My skumgrod buddy took Best General with 56 points using Orks. My first opponent took Best Overall and had 52 General points and I came third for General at 46 points. The beer and nachos afterwards were pretty good too.

Last edited by medic_4077; June 11th, 2008 at 04:31.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Congrats and I think you did wonderfully.

It was an incredibly cool list with bikes, skyboards and only one ravager - never tried the skyboards before.

Wych Cult always gets a bad rap - I am going to the GT in vegas and I am considering Wych Cult so I can compete confidently but if I am going to get marked down on my wyches for their ignorance then that makes me discouraged.

Sure does sound like an awesome time, 4 games in one day?
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Hopefully Games Day draws a more experienced group of players who know what to expect. 4 Games at 1800 with 2 hours per game is a little gruelling. It's easy to stop caring and make little mistakes. The 4 game 1500 tourney (90 minutes per game) a few months ago was much less tiring. But this organizer like BIG battles

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

I really like your list, thanks for sharing.. and especially for the bat reps. It's probably not the most uber-competitive list, but I'll bet that it's a lot of fun to play.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I never use either bikes or hellions so it was kind of neat to play around with something new but they were underwhelmingly mediocre.

I think the MVP of the list is the Gruesome Talisman. Having one on every squad leader and IC actually made a tangible difference to several combats. The Drachite and retinue are 13 models They always outnumbered the opponent and the Talismans bumped it to 2:1 on several occasions, add in -1 for under 1/2 and those Ld10 chaos marines are hoping for 7's!

+ Reply to Thread