1500 Point List First List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Point List First List

HQ

Warboss (75)
    -Eavy Armor
    -Big Choppa
    -Twin Linked Shoota

Troops

21 'Ard Boyz (255)
    -Shoota Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -2 Big Shootas

21 Boyz (166)
    -Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Eavy Armor

12 Boyz (183)
    -Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Eavy Armor
    -Trukk w/ wreckin ball, boarding plank, armor plates, grot riggers

30 Grots and 3 Runtherds (120)
    -No upgrades

Elites

5 Lootas (75)
    -Mek Upgrade

4 Meganobz (245)
    -Kombi Shoota-Rokkit Launchas

Fast Attack

3 Warbikers (90)
    -Nob
    -Big Choppa

Heavy Support

3 Kannons (60)
    -No Upgrades

2 Killa Kans (100)
    -1 Big Shoota and 1 Rokkit Launcha (not sure if you can do this)
    -Grot Riggers

Looted Wagon (130)
    -Boomgun
    -2 Rokkit Launchas
    -Grot Riggers

Total Points Cost: 1499 Points

Any comments are greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ghazgkull17 View Post
    HQ

Warboss (75)
    -Eavy Armor
    -Big Choppa
    -Twin Linked Shoota

Not all that fond of this build for warbosses, of course, it all depends on how you plan to run him. Ultimately, at the very least he should be given a cybork body just to give him a chance against enemy power weapons. Also I've always felt its a bit of a waste not to use a powerklaw on the warboss, as S10 is far from negligable.

Troops

21 'Ard Boyz (255)
    -Shoota Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -2 Big Shootas

Good, Solid unit. The only thing I might suggest is a bosspole for the nob to ensure the unit stays around even after taking several casualties.

21 Boyz (166)
    -Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Eavy Armor

Same as for the 'ard Boyz. Great unit just throw in a bosspole instead of the heavy armour on the nov
    b, since he cant be singled out in combat, the armour will only be used if he is the last model in the unit. That and maybe a pair of special weapons, big shootas work fine but rokkits are always a plus.

12 Boyz (183)
    -Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Eavy Armor

Once again, get rid of the 'eavy armour on the nob and give him a bosspole instead. Also I feel you overequipped the trukk. The trukk is weak enough that the armour plates and the grots will usually got to waste. Also the combo wrecking ball and boarding plank is unnecessary in my opinion. Ultimately though, it up to you. I prefer to keep my trukks cheap simply because they get blown up so easily.

-No upgrades

Grots are fun. While minimally useful in the current 4th edition, they should be useful again in the 5th. Their plenty good for tying up enemies of holding objectives. However, you can get 20 base boyz for the same price, and they can cause infinitely more damage.

Elites

5 Lootas (75)
    -Mek Upgrade

Honestly, Lootas are only really useful in larger numbers and the Mek rarely has a use. With this unit either drop them entirely or pump the numbers up to 10 at the minimum.

4 Meganobz (245)

Meganobz are a vicious pile of hurt. Keep them if you want but do tone down the trukk a tad (like the other one) or upgrade them to a fairly basic battlewagon.

Fast Attack

3 Warbikers (90)
    -Nob
    -Big Choppa

Warbikers are a lot of fun, and can be quite effective. However I feel you don't have enough of them to make a serious enough impact. run 6 of them in my list backed by my biker warboss. They have carved a bloody swathe through most of my enemies.

Heavy Support

3 Kannons (60)
    -No Upgrades

I don't have much experience with kannons but with the grot BS upgrade they should handle vehicles fairly well. However I think the lootas may do the job better on average.
    2 Killa Kans (100)
    -1 Big Shoota and 1 Rokkit Launcha (not sure if you can do this)
    -Grot Riggers

You can give them different weapons if you so wish, however they tend to be less useful as they have to target the same enemy. So if your rokkit fires at a tank, the Bs is wasted, likewise the rokkit will usually be wasted against infantry.

Looted Wagon (130)
    -Boomgun
    -2 Rokkit Launchas
    -Grot Riggers

Looted wagons are fairly fragile so you want to avoid over-upgrading it. Also, since vehicles can't fire ordnance and other weapons at the same time the rokkits won't be fired until the boomgun is destroyed. Since the wagon is so fragile, there is as much chance the it will simply be totally destroyed as losing a weapon. Thus I'd drop the rokkits.
    Total Points Cost: 1499 Points

Any comments are greatly appreciated!
    Overall the base of the list is fairly solid, with a few minor changes the list could be made stronger and more likely to be successful. With that said, welcome to Librarium and the green tide. If you have any questions I'll check back in sometime later and try to answer them. Best of luck and WAAAAAGH!
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok heres my new revised list:

HQ

Warboss (95)
    -Cybork Body
    -Power Klaw
    -Twin Linked Shoota

Troops

21 'Ard Boyz (260)
    -Shoota Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -2 Big Shootas

21 Boyz (166)
    -Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole

12 Boyz (154)
    -Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -Trukk w/ wreckin ball

-No Upgrades

Elites

10 Lootas (150)
    -2 Meks (i kinda like mega blastas)

4 Meganobz (225) - (i'm thinking about adding the warboss to them, but I don't really know)
    -Trukk w/ wreckin ball

Fast Attack

6 Warbikers (165)
    -Nob
    -Big Choppa

Heavy Support

3 Kannons (60)
    -No Upgrades

Looted Wagon (105)
    -Boomgun

Total Points Cost: 1500 Points

I revised the list to cut most of the stuff you said and add more units. Any more comments are greatly appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ghazgkull17 View Post
    Ok heres my new revised list:

HQ

Warboss (95)
    -Cybork Body
    -Power Klaw
    -Twin Linked Shoota

A perfectly serviceable warboss, my only suggestion might be to chage the shoota for a suit of 'eavy armour, but thats really just a personal preference.

Troops

21 'Ard Boyz (260)
    -Shoota Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -2 Big Shootas

This is a rather dangerous mob, watch your enemies cry as they realise you actually get an armour save.

21 Boyz (166)
    -Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole

Good squad, I run a handful of them pretty much exactly like this.

12 Boyz (154)
    -Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -Trukk w/ wreckin ball

Excellent, leave as is or tweek vehicle a tad as desired.

-No Upgrades

Same comments still apply

Elites

10 Lootas (150)
    -2 Meks (i kinda like mega blastas)

The only problem with the Mega blastaz in a unit of lootas is that they will almost never get to fire since the lootas will be holding back. On the other hand I can understand the desire to avoid buying an extra kit just to get 2 more lootas. Keep them if you want but I feel the shorter range of the mega blastaz and the heavy weapon status of the deffguns will mean one or the other will be mostly unused.

4 Meganobz (225) - (i'm thinking about adding the warboss to them, but I don't really know)
    -Trukk w/ wreckin ball

Still a terrifying unit, The warboss could give tehm a significant boost, or may simply prove to be overkill depending on the foe you face/rundown. Just make sure you keep their trukk in cover until their ready to charge, otherwise they'll never actually see battle.

Fast Attack

6 Warbikers (165)
    -Nob
    -Big Choppa

Bikers generally benefit from a bosspole even more than regular squads since their numbers are so low. Once more a powerklaw can only help you. However due to point restrictions, the unit will cause quite a blow to most infantry as is.

Heavy Support

3 Kannons (60)
    -No Upgrades

Looted Wagon (105)
    -Boomgun

Total Points Cost: 1500 Points

I revised the list to cut most of the stuff you said and add more units. Any more comments are greatly appreciated!
    Well Looking good on the whole, Still a few things I would personally change but I'm not the one writing the list or playing with it so it all depends on your personal preferences. Other than a few small tweaks here and there it looks like a decent list that should have your enemies cowering in fear before too long.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

+ Reply to Thread