Tau Empire (1000pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau Empire (1000pts)

TAU EMPIRE (997pts)

HEADQUARTERS

x01 Commander Shas'el
    x01 Cyclic Ion Blaster
    x01 Airbursting Fragmentation Projector
    x01 Targeting Array
    x01 Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker

x01 Commander Shas'el
    x01 Plasma Rifle
    x01 Missile Pod
    x01 Targeting Array

TROOPS

x24 Fire Warrior Shas'la

x02 Devilfish Troop Carrier
    x02 Smart Missile System
    x02 Multi-Tracker
    x02 Targeting Array
    x02 Decoy Launchers

HEAVY SUPPORT

x01 Hammerhead Gunship
    x01 Railgun
    x02 Burst Canon
    x01 Multi-Tracker

x01 Hammerhead Gunship
    x01 Railgun
    x02 Burst Canon
    x01 Multi-Tracker

Last edited by Nemphtis; June 14th, 2008 at 20:56. Reason: According to the rules I can't post the points for some reason, so I've removed them from this list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemphtis View Post
    HEADQUARTERS

x01 Commander Shas'el
    x01 Cyclic Ion Blaster
    x01 Airbursting Fragmentation Projector
    x01 Targeting Array
    Personally, I'm not a fan of this guy, and giving him a TA with the AFP is not a good idea, as, if I recall correctly, doesn't use BS to hit as it hits automatically. If you really want the CIB (some Tau players really get good use out of it), then I'd recommend swapping the AFP out for a Plasma Rifle.

x01 Commander Shas'el
    x01 Plasma Rifle
    x01 Missile Pod
    x01 Targeting Array
    Perfect, my favourite HQ.

TROOPS

x24 Fire Warrior Shas'la

x02 Devilfish Troop Carrier
    x02 Smart Missile System
    x02 Multi-Tracker
    x02 Targeting Array
    x02 Decoy Launchers
    In preparation for 5th Edition, you may want to consider using Disruption Pods, or getting ready to, on those Devilfish. They'll be very useful come 5th edition, if the rumours are to be believed. The only additions to these squads that I can suggest are some Shas'ui leaders; the bump in Leadership has always served me well. Otherwise, love the Warfish squads.

HEAVY SUPPORT

x01 Hammerhead Gunship
    x01 Railgun
    x02 Burst Canon
    x01 Multi-Tracker

x01 Hammerhead Gunship
    x01 Railgun
    x02 Burst Canon
    x01 Multi-Tracker
    These guys really need some Decoy Launchers (for 4th edition) and consider Disruption Pods for 5th edition. Besides that, can't really get much better than that without spending more points, and that's just icing on an already stable cake.

EDIT

According to the rules I can't post the points for some reason, so I've removed them from this list.
    You are allowed to post unit totals but not individual points costs. So, for example, saying that your Shas'el is 97 points is okay, but saying his Missile Pod costs X points is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I'm not a fan of this guy, and giving him a TA with the AFP is not a good idea, as, if I recall correctly, doesn't use BS to hit as it hits automatically. If you really want the CIB (some Tau players really get good use out of it), then I'd recommend swapping the AFP out for a Plasma Rifle.
    That HQ is primarily for taking down large infantry squads when facing horde armies, while the other one is mainly for taking down tanks or units with few but powerful troops. Can you explain to me how the AFP works because up until now I've been using my BS to land hits with it and nobody has objected. What's the correct way to fire an AFP?

In preparation for 5th Edition, you may want to consider using Disruption Pods, or getting ready to, on those Devilfish. They'll be very useful come 5th edition, if the rumours are to be believed. The only additions to these squads that I can suggest are some Shas'ui leaders; the bump in Leadership has always served me well. Otherwise, love the Warfish squads.
    Hm, will do. How will the 5th edition rules effect my Devilfish exactly? Also, I cannot give my Shas'la team leaders because my total points are 997 so I would have to sacrifice something to gain that. I think it's not worth removing other equipment for though.

These guys really need some Decoy Launchers (for 4th edition) and consider Disruption Pods for 5th edition. Besides that, can't really get much better than that without spending more points, and that's just icing on an already stable cake.
    Once again, I wanted to add more to these but not enough points unfortunately.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemphtis View Post
    That HQ is primarily for taking down large infantry squads when facing horde armies, while the other one is mainly for taking down tanks or units with few but powerful troops. Can you explain to me how the AFP works because up until now I've been using my BS to land hits with it and nobody has objected. What's the correct way to fire an AFP?
    I am pretty sure it's a simple blast template that auto-hits then scatters. I could be wrong, though. As far as anti-horde goes, that's what the rest of your army is about: pulse rifles, SMS, Hammerhead Railgun submunitions, etc. With applied firepower, you can take out hordes quite easily.

Hm, will do. How will the 5th edition rules effect my Devilfish exactly? Also, I cannot give my Shas'la team leaders because my total points are 997 so I would have to sacrifice something to gain that. I think it's not worth removing other equipment for though.
    I'm pretty sure that in 5th edition, the Skimmers Moving Fast rule will be changed.. even if it isn't, I believe the Disruption Pods will be giving a cover save to the vehicles instead of auto-downgrading and already-downgraded penetrating hit to glancing. I don't know the specifics, but there's a topic about it here in the Tau forum.

Once again, I wanted to add more to these but not enough points unfortunately.
    You could get some points from streamlining your HQ (making him a similar build to your second), or even dropping him for an Elite Monat suit with a similar build (77 points for a team leader with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Targeting Array, HW Multitracker) and that'll give you some points to add the upgrades to your Hammerhead, etc.

Just some food for thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good, I think I'll try stripping down my HQ and using the points for that then.

+ Reply to Thread