4th edition Tau vs Eldar 2000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

4th edition Tau vs Eldar 2000 points

Hey, so I will use this list against a eldar player, hes not really a mech Eldar player, he has a few vehicles in there but is mainly foot slogging. So the plan for my army is to set up my hammerheads at opposite sides of the board and try to cover the table as much as I can hunting any armour and then later using the sub round to kill infantry.

The crisis suits find some cover and JSJ, the warfish try to start out of LOS and deliver the fire warriors to some cover while they hang close to pick them up if they get in some trouble or need relocation whilst adding a bit of fire support.

The commanders stick a bit behind squads to remain "hidden" and JSJ. Path finders deploy and adjust with the scout move to pick out targets to markerlight they're warfish does the same thing as the fire warriors. The Pirahanas deploy far back out of LOS and fire off they're seeker missles by guidance of the pathfinders and then act as last minute objective grabbers.

Finally as deployment is done I set up the stealth suits behind the kroot and find a good firing position on a weak flank of the enemy JSJ and fire from cover with the kroot / speed bump the stealth suits if it comes down to it.

x1 Shas' el Commander - 97 points
    - Plasma Rifle
    - Missile Pod
    - Hard Wired Multi-Tracker
    - Targeting Array

- Plasma Rifle
    - Missile Pod
    - Targeting Array

XV8 Crisis Suit Team - 144 points
    x1 Shas' ui
    - Multi-Tracker
    - Plasma Rifle
    - Missile Pod
    x1 Shas' vre
    - Hard-Wired Mult-Tracker
    - Plasma Rifle
    - Missile Pod
    - Targeting Array

XV8 Crisis Suit Team - 144 points
    x1 Shas' ui
    - Multi-Tracker
    - Plasma Rifle
    - Missile Pod
    x1 Shas' vre
    - Hard-Wired Mult-Tracker
    - Plasma Rifle
    - Missile Pod
    - Targeting Array

XV22 Stealth Team - 240 points
    x6 Shas' ui
    - Targeting Array
    - Burst Cannons

Fire Warrior Team - 215 points
    x10 Shas' la
    Transport: Devilfish
    - Burst Cannon
    - Smart Missile System
    - Multi-Tracker
    - Targeting Array

Fire Warrior Team - 215 points
    x10 Shas' la
    - Burst Cannon
    - Smart Missile System
    - Multi-Tracker
    - Targeting Array

Kroot Carnivore Squad - 70 points
    x10 Kroot

Kroot Carnivore Squad - 70 points
    x10 Kroot

Pathfinder Team - 211 points
    x8 Shas'la
    - Burst Cannon
    - Smart Missile System
    - Multi-Tracker
    - Targeting Array

x1 Pirahana - 80 points
    - x2 Seeker Missiles

x1 Pirahana - 80 points
    - x2 Seeker Missiles

x1 Hammerhead Gunship - 165 points
    - Multi-Tracker
    - Railgun
    - Twin Burst Cannons
    - Decoy Launchers

- Multi-Tracker
    - Railgun
    - Twin Burst Cannons
    - Decoy Launchers

Thanks for the C&C.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by gauss_storm View Post
    Hey, so I will use this list against a eldar player, hes not really a mech Eldar player, he has a few vehicles in there but is mainly foot slogging.
    <SNIP>
    Thanks for the C&C.
    Hey G-S, overall a strong and capable list, IMO - very, very similar to what I'd take myself at this sort of points level against Eldar. The only things I'd take differently would be as follows:

One of the HQ 'Els would have a FB instead of a MP, for those "just in case" situations.

Instead of 2 FKs in each of the XV8 squads I'd take a FK as the 'Vre and a Deathrain as the 'Ui.

6 XV25s seems quite a big unit (in terms of footprint), I might be tempted to go with 5, or even 4.

I'd take Gun Drones instead of SMS on the FW DFs, and I'd be trying to give all of my Fishes Decoy Launchers.

I'd be arming the Piranhas with FBs, and giving them TAs and DPs too, although I see you intend to use them more defensively than I would.

But most of these are simply an indication of my own playing style and particular favourite nuances regarding unit choices. Overall I think your list has tremendous capability and should be able to cope with anything the Eldar player throws at you.

One piece of advice I will give however, and that is if he takes Falcons, especially if they have holofields and/or spirit stones, then just ignore them. If you don't you'll probably find you spend the entire game shooting at those vehicles with your HHs and they'll still be there at game-end. Use your HHs to take out things you know you can hurt. In all of my experience against Eldar, I've found that shhoting RGs at Falcons is pretty much a wasted RG shot/hit.

~ Raven ~

"The choice between good and evil, is made by all who live, with every single heartbeat ... ... ..."

Quote Originally Posted by ZenGamer View Post
    Simple wording. On a forum, any forum, wording is all one has to go by to determine tone and intent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Yeah basically if I get first turn and have the option to fire at the falcon I think I would take it, I've always found Harlequins hard to deal with when playing as Necrons or Tau, I've found the best way to deal with him is too set them up to hit one squad and pump them full of shots after they clean up that unit.

I also found out that I will be doing this game against just the Eldar player and the a 1500 list against a assault cannon spam / attack bike heavy bolter spam marine player AND the Eldar player. So I've made a list for that one too, I've thrown in a few twin linked plasma guns and TA on the normal XV8 to deal with terminators better but the team leader still a fire knive. I find it quite flexible against both races. I like the idea of one of commanders having a FB.

As for the XV22's 6 is quite a large foot print, but they serve as a really good freak out button especially with 10+ kroot, people tend to freak out when they see alot of shooty models close to them. Against Eldar 18 burst cannon shots at BS 4 can be devastating, and at the 1500 list is gives me a bit more light infantry fire power I had to give up for more crisis suits to deal with the more heavily armoured SM.

All and all the players in my club arent big on armour, especially the two I'm going up against really hate armour, I typically only see a few preds and maybe 1 falcon or a wave serpant or 2.

Thanks for the advice Raven.

Hq

- Plasma Rifle
    - Fusion Blaster
    - Targetting Array

- Plasma Rifle
    - Missile Pod
    - Targetting Array

Elites

XV8 Crisis Suit Team - 207 points
    x2 Shas' ui
    - Targetting Array
    - Twin Linked Plasma Rifle
    x1 Shas' vre
    - Plasma Rifle
    - Missile Pod
    - Targetting Array

XV8 Crisis Suit Team - 207 points
    x2 Shas' ui
    - Targetting Array
    - Twin Linked Plasma Rifle
    x1 Shas' vre
    - Plasma Rifle
    - Missile Pod
    - Targetting Array

XV22 Stealth Team - 240 points
    x6 Shas' ui
    - Targetting Array
    - Burst Cannons

Troops

Fire Warrior Team - 205 points
    x10 Shas' la
    - Burst Cannon
    - Smart Missile System
    - Multi-Tracker
    - Decoy Launchers

Kroot Carnivore Squad - 105 points
    x15 Kroot

Heavy Support

- Multi-Tracker
    - Railgun
    - Twin Burst Cannons
    - Decoy Launchers

- Multi-Tracker
    - Railgun
    - Twin Burst Cannons
    - Decoy Launchers

Total 1497 points
    Last edited by gauss_storm; June 16th, 2008 at 18:03.

+ Reply to Thread