2000pt Speed Freaks (5th ed) list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok ive had a good amount of time to sit down with the new Rule book and have come up with this list. Remember this list is written with the changes to vehicles and line of sight in mind and any and all CC welcome as i am new to orks. Note: in 5th ed you can use a transport for any unit not just the one you bought it with, it just cant start the game in it.

HQ
    125pt
    Warboss with mega-armour, squigg and cybork body

105pt
    Big Mek with KFF, squigg, PK and cybork body

Elites
    440pt 11 models
    9 Nobz with 2 PKs, Bosspole, eavy armour, Waaagh! banner and cybork bodies
    1 Painboy with cybork body
    1 Trukk with ram and red paint

195pt 11models
    10 Tankbustas with 3 bomb squiggs and 2 tank hammers
    1 Nob with bosspole -should i give him a PK?-

Troops
    2x 157pt (314pt) 13 models each (26 models)
    11 Shoota Boys
    1 Nob with PK and bosspole

4x 157pt (628pt)
    11 Slugga Boys
    1 Nob with PK and bosspole

Fast Attack
    35pts 1 model
    1 Rokkit buggy

35pts 1 model
    1 Rokkit buggy

35pts 1 model
    1 Rokkit buggy

Heavy support
    20pt
    Kannon
    20pt
    Kannon

Total 1954pts What to do with the extra 46pts?

Well the plan of attack is to put the warboss with the nobz and the Mek with the tankbustas. Deploy the tankbustas behind the 2 shoota trukks out of sight and make one give up there transport to them in the first turn. Then terrain permiting i hope to move the trukks up in a wedge formation first turn with the Warboss' unit and tank bustas in the middle.
    On the following turn ill run the surviving trukks into the softer parts of the enemy line to unload the boyz while the nobz and boss take out the assault sqauds. While this is going on ill use the tankbustas to take out the heavy armour
    Ill use the kannons and buggies to harass the vehicles to draw attention from the trukks and the left behind boys to hold objectives in the deployment zone. If they are still alive by the third turn ill start blasting troops or finish off what armour may be left.

Last edited by Primer21; June 16th, 2008 at 22:48. Reason: retool the list and make it more clear

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

A good start

It's a good start, but there are some problems that need fixing, partially to do with strategy and partially to do with math.

The unit of nobz shouldn't cost that much. Because of the way you wrote it, I'm not certain if there's 9 nobz or 10 total. Is the painboy counted as one of the 9? I assume he isn't, since the nobz in the trukks weren't. Anyway, that unit of 10 nobz only costs 390, not 440. If there's only 9 total, than they cost 365.

The KFF doesn't make sense for this list. First, never give them an attack squig unless you're also giving them a powerklaw. It just isn't worth the points otherwise. Second, the only unit that will be using the forcefield is the tankbustas, so you've essentially added 100 points to the cost of the tankbusta unit, just to give them a 5+ invulnerable save. That's definitely not worth it.

The tankbustas should only cost 190 points, not 225. Also, they don't need the invulnerable save, they need a transport and a bosspole. The bosspole will make sure they don't run early. For 5 points, it's the best upgrade in the ork army. Even in larger fearless unit, it usually ensures they'll stay in the fight at least one turn longer than normal. Tankbustas on foot are usually shot to pieces long before they can get within range, and even if they do, they're subject to their glory hogs rule, and may not be able to shoot at anything within range. A transport helps solve both these problems. Instead of a KFF, give them a simple battlewagon with a rokkit and grot riggers, or a looted wagon with a rokkit.

The trukk units should each cost 147, not 157. I usually give trukks rams. They aren't mandatory, but on boards with a lot of terrain, they're a lot of help. Also, in larger point games, you might want to consider giving them wrecking balls. I haven't experimented with them much yet, but so far, they look pretty good.

Field the rokkit buggies and big guns units in one buggy/kan per unit. There's literally no advantage to bunching them together into the same units, and many disadvantages. In separate units, they have to be targeted separately, can't all be taken out at the same time, don't cause each other to panic (in the case of the big guns), and in the case of the buggies if one is immobilized the others have to either stay within 2in of the immobilized vehicle for the rest of the game, or they have to abandon it (destroying it).

Here's my 1850 version of the list:

Warboss in mega armor, attack squig, cybork (125)

10 Tankbustas, 1 bomb squig, 2 tankhammer, nob, bosspole (170)

10 Nobz w/2 powerklaw, painboy, cybork, wauughh banner, bosspole, trukk, ram (390)

2x 12 Shoota boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole, trukk, ram (152) x 2 = (304)

4x 12 Sluggga boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole, trukk, ram (152) x 4 = (60

Rokkit buggy (35)

Rokkit buggy (35)

Rokkit buggy (35)

Big guns kannon (20)

Big guns kannon (20)

Battlewagon w/rokkit, grot riggers (105)

If you want to bring it up to 2000, I'd add 10 Lootas. Otherwise, this works better as an 1850 list, in my opinion.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply and i found a few things wrong with how i wrote the list, yeah for writing a list at 2 in the morning. Anyways the nobs are that expensive because i gave them eavy armour and the trukk has red paint and a ram, same goes for the boyz trukks. The buggies are split up, its just bad writing form on my part, and i didnt relize about the kannons as they are points filler anyways.
    The KFF mek is there to protect the trukks at deployment, giving them a save in 5th ed, and during the turn all of the trukks are in the open. Your comments make me wonder though does the KFF still work while in a vehicle?

To that end though i will edit the list to be more acurate
    If saturation bombing doesn't solve the problem you're just not useing enough.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Unfortunately...

Okay, the points all make sense with your explanation, although I wouldn't give the nobz 'eavy armor, as it's only slightly better than cybork bodies, but it's up to you.

Rams are great, but I've personally never found red paint jobs that useful. They're fun fluff-wise, but the extra inch has never really seemed worth it, except perhaps with meganobz, which have trouble moving.

Unfortunately, there's no reason the KFF would work inside a vehicle. The power states that the force field protects everything within 6in of the model, and when he's in a vehicle, there is no model. This doesn't only go for the KFF, but any power that affects the battlefield.

Let me try to think of examples...units which are targeted in shooting as if it were night (grey knights, tau stealth suits) don't get this ability when in a vehicle. Units that affect the leadership of enemies within a certain number of inches don't use this power when inside a vehicle. Units that affect the leadership of surrounding units (IG generals and such) don't affect leadership when inside a vehicle.

I've heard it argued before, and units can't use powers when inside a vehicle unless it's a psychic power, or a power that's the equivalent of shooting. It just boils down to that most (if not all) powers are measured in some way from the model, and when they're in the vehicle, there is no model.

Personally, I just keep vehicles behind cover for the first turn, but if you play in games without much cover, it might be worth it. The KFF gives them obscurement in 5th edition, which I believe is a 4+ chance to turn a penetrating hit into a glancing one. Not too shabby.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 5th you can use abilities inside a transport, you just measure from the hull. It's in the vehicle rules under embarking I believe.

+ Reply to Thread