1500 pt list for 5th Ed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

1500 pt list for 5th Ed

Hi,

I know it is a bit early and its still a few weeks before 5th ed is released but I have been running this list in my head and am curious what people think...

HQ

Archon - punisher, tormentor helm, combat drugs, shadow feild.

Elites

5 Wyches inc Succubus - WW PG agoniser, Mounted on Raider

Troops

15 Warriors - 2 Splinter Cannons, 2 Blasters, Sybarite - agoniser

10 Warriors - 2 Dark Lances

10 Warriors - 2 Dark Lances

Fast Attack

3 Reavers - 2 Blaster

3 Reavers - 2 Blasters

I am curious what people think???

The wyches and the reavers are there to distract and annoy my oppoent and get into his scoring units... while the 15 men warrior units are there to move up with some firepower and the 2 sniper squads are there to sit in cover and hold table quaters etc... if they are targeted I wouldn't care because that means that they would be ignoring my 15 men squads...I don't know if it would work though...

There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like your list a lot! i usually beef my wyches up a bit more, but 5 can work. will be harder to manage in 5th i bet though. besides that, i really like the list. looks close to mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

The main plan is that they wyches will distract things aka enemy scoring units... and the combination of 2 units of 5 can potentially knock out Marine units below scoring giving my warriors a chance at holding objectives.

The reavers are there to annoy enemy vehicles. lol

Where the Archon goes I have no idea I think that it will be all dependant on what is happening and who I am fighting...

The idea is to give the opponent that many targets that they won't know what to do. It works against some opponents but others I know that it won't work.
    There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

One thing I see is a lack of real killing power which is what I love dark eldar for. The wyches will bog down a large amount of an opposing army so I can see the warriors getting where you want them. The Archon is really the only power unit. Lots for warriors should mean enough life through the battle.

I don't know about the reavers though, the warriors and raiders should give you enough anti tank so maybe warp beasts or talos for protection of the warriors?
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I understand what you mean... my old lists had some nice units of wyches and nice units of footsloggiong warriors... whom are quite effective in CC and shooting although most opponents seem to think little of them and hence they are the ones that can do the most damage.

I used to be a big incubi player but I have found that its more effective and flexible point wise to take wyches... I find that Taloi get ignored when I use them and they don't give my warriors much protection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Well for trying to write a list for rules that haven't been released yet I give you props I'm just going to wait until they release the book and go and get it. Then I will write my lists.

On a side note I just rolled the always attack first drug in a battle I had tonight, but I really didn't care cause I was counting agonisers as 25 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Off the top of my head... 5 units strike before wyches in close combat... of which 2 are Dark Eldar Lords and Wych Lords... as well as Broodlords, Keeper of Secrets and Harlies on the charge... then Daemonettes and Genestealers strike simaltanously...

So in some ways it is the most annoying drug but at times it can pay off... lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I haven't thought of those units. Too bad I didn't face any of those things in the battle though. I still like the plus one attach roll especially when you are facing plague marines with blight nades.

I guess three units of 5 wyches unit will do some go damage with a good drug roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Well if you run 2 units of 5 with the succubi into a unit of marines it will give you 8 aggy attacks hitting on 3s and killing on 4s not to mention the combat drugs... or you can go all three into the unit if other units are nearby... potentially wiping out a unit and giving yourself a chance for them to consolidate into three seperate units... hence you will keep the warriors well protected from the enemy to get those objectives etc...

That is what I am thinking with the list whether it will work or not is another story though. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I thought in 5th edidtion you won't be able to consolidate into other units.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast