500pts, Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

500pts, Friendly

Shas'el - 117
    targeting array, plasma rifle, fusion blaster, hard wired multitracker, hardwired drone controller, x2 gun drones

2 x 3 Stealth Suits - 184
    1 fusion blaster per squad

x6 Fire Warriors - 95
    pulse carbines, Shas'ui; bonding knife, drone controller, x 2 gun drones

x6 Fire Warriors - 95
    Shas'ui; bonding knife, drone controller, x 2 gun drones

I want to know what people think about this list.

I used the list tonight against my friend who was playing space wolves. There was one bridge on the board and we decided the tank could make it across, well the tank didn't make it all the way and concentrated fire after like 2 squads Immobolized the tank, and I won the game by default, he couldn't get his troops around it, and the side hatches were over the abyss.

Oh and my list is 9pts under, didn't know what to put it to, didn't have my dex on hand.

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might consider dropping the gun drones in your FW squads for 2 more FWs a piece. They cost the same number of points, and the range of the pulse rifle more than makes up for the lask of the pinning test.

If you can go 1 point over, you can put bonding knives on each of your FW squads.

Also, if you drop the Fusion Blasters from your Stealth teams, you can do the same, without going over the limit.

I find it very dangerous to get the FB into range on a stealth squad as at 12" range, the farthest away you can place your stealths is 18", which means a roll of 6 or higher on the spot check will spell almost certain doom for your stealth team. Unless the teams are tied to cover for jsj, they're very vulnerable at that range.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

-General Tips-
    Definately swap the FW w/rifles' Gun Drones out for more Warriors. Its more efficient to have all lang range weapons in the one squad.

The FW squad with Carbines are fine with Gun Drones. Rerolling 5's have a better chance to hit than straight 4's.

-5th Edition Tips-
    Since only troops choices can hold objectives, try getting those FW squads up to 10x models each.

In 5th IC aren't inv. to incoming fire anymore. If you're gonna take drones on your commander make sure they are shield drones.

I don't like fusion blasters on Stealth Teams. You have the abitlity to get close but only 1/3 can have them making the squad less effective. If you do use them there is a good chance you're bust cannons won't do anything.

I would like to see a Broadside in this list. TL Railguns are massive and the submunitions can really whittle down enemy troops.

Just a few tips from one CT Tau player to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

In 5th IC aren't inv. to incoming fire anymore. If you're gonna take drones on your commander make sure they are shield drones.
    Soon as I make it up to 1,500pts I intend to run Shadowsun, though getting the model earlier would still allow me to use her shield drones.

Is there any other way of getting shield drones/converting them?

I don't like fusion blasters on Stealth Teams. You have the abitlity to get close but only 1/3 can have them making the squad less effective. If you do use them there is a good chance you're bust cannons won't do anything.
    I've noticed most people don't, but what I'm looking at with the stealths is they are kind of an all around unit, they can provide static fire, they can provide anti-tank should one of the broadsides I intend to get die/fail. And they can provide me some anti-MC/TMC fire. As things are looking and knowing myself, I will probably end up running a third unit of stealths solely dedicated to their burst cannons. And yes I like stealth suits.

I would like to see a Broadside in this list. TL Railguns are massive and the submunitions can really whittle down enemy troops.
    Broadsides don't have access to submunitions, though I do intend to put a plasma rifle on mine... hammerheads have the submunitions, though I don't intend to use hammerheads.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Shield drones are simple. All I did was put the circular piece into the drone and cut the little tabs off that hold the pulse carbines.

Fusion Blasters eat MC/TMCs but the major downfall is its range. Nothing in the Tau army that's equiped with a FB can withstand a charge from a Wraithlord/Carnifex/Hive Tyrant. If your FB is in range, so are they to assault.

IMO the best MC/TMC killers are crissis suits with FB/PR or PR/MP.

Shadowsun is kool, but tough to use because of her short range.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Fusion Blasters eat MC/TMCs but the major downfall is its range. Nothing in the Tau army that's equiped with a FB can withstand a charge from a Wraithlord/Carnifex/Hive Tyrant. If your FB is in range, so are they to assault.
    Not entirely true, FB at max range plus assault move backwards will keep wraithlord/carnifex out of range, HT well that depends on if he can fly, or not.

Shadowsun is kool, but tough to use because of her short range.
    I don't think any of my past army builds have been how you say prefect, uhm no, nuts can't think of good word, anyways... I like a bit of a challege.

+ Reply to Thread