1850: Impulse buyer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850: Impulse buyer

I thought about playing cron’s a couple days ago and thought it would be a blast! So I bought 3 Lith’s today ! I still need to buy the dex - ROTFL!

How does:

-1x1 Res Orb Lord = 140
    -3x18 Warrior squads = 972
    -3x1 Lith’s = 705
    -Totaling = 1817

Sound?...Will it work or just fall on its face?

It will take me a lot more time to collect the Warriors, but it will get done.

Any ideas on filling out the rest of the points will be greatly appreciated?

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without using the C word, I would say it might be a bit unbalanced. Depending on when you bring in those 3 Monoliths your mobility could be lacking.

I think the glaring problem with this list is it's lack of range. Nothing in that list shoots over 24" and for a shooty army you will find it to be a struggle. You can and will fire your whip but that limits your mobility even more which you already can't afford.

The short answer is yes, it will probably win you some games and be fun to play, but it will get boring quick for both you and the people you play. My only suggestion is when you start collecting things other than what goes in this list, make sure it's Destroyers you start with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I believe a change in 5th edition will you will no longer be able to shoot through your skimmers and monoliths are huge to begin with, leaving yourself no firing lanes. Also make sure not to draw tau with that list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

That's...excessive...
    Change up the warrior squads a bit. I'd suggest getting a battleforce, gets in some destroyers and scarabs. Then if you REALLY want you can throw in more warriors, field smaller squads. I always go 10-12 warriors/squad. Scarabs will give you a bit of fodder love. Destroyers add some nice range and high S death.

3 monos though...yer one hell of an impulse buyer...I felt guilty picking up battle for maccrage on a whim.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Hahaha... awesome!

It will definitely work, but people will probably not like you much. Id say stick with 3 units of 10 Warriors. (Technically 18 are actually too large to be teleported anyway)

Grab a unit of Immortals, and look at Destroyers too. Also Scarab Swarms. Though you may need to drop to 2 units of 10 Warriors to get them all in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    (Technically 18 are actually too large to be teleported anyway)

What am I missing here?

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

iirc, the max is 17. Given all warriors must be within 2" of the Liths portal and none can be positioned under the lith itself then technically its illigal to teleport 18 i think. Someone will need to check this. But aside from that point, 18 in a unit is too big anyway in general opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    iirc, the max is 17. Given all warriors must be within 2" of the Liths portal and none can be positioned under the lith itself then technically its illigal to teleport 18 i think. Someone will need to check this. But aside from that point, 18 in a unit is too big anyway in general opinion.
    Wow, I am shocked I never knew that. I also have never teleported maxed squads so it has never come up with me. Good to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my friend used to play with Crons his Destroyers would abolish every bit of armor I had on the field. Me being Tau I would cry; however, once they were exposed I would just wipe out the whole squad out.

The only way I see myself using Destroyers is by maxing out one whole squad w/ the inclusion of a Destroyer Lord and Res Orb. Then I would have 6 tough models that could provide some well placed support. Very interesting...

As for scarabs, I just love those little guys! 24" tying up X squad for X amount of turns is gold (devastator squad)! Give them D field and just laugh. I could also have them trail the Destroyers and then advance them up the field when needed hmmm…

Immortals and a Vail Lord are quite interesting...

After reading the Necron Index the C’tans caught my eye, especially the Night Bringer. I have faced him before but we all thought he could only move 6”, but now you guys are telling me this monster can move like a Wraith!!! Holy crap I want one!!!

@Phonix: 17 models are all that I can fit when exiting the lith…hmmm I will have to check that, but thanks for the heads up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa whoa, the night bringer moves as a wraith in the regards that it can move through all terrain without penalty as it can shift. It still moves the same 6 inches any basic troop does though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast