2k Tau in prep for 5th Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Tau in prep for 5th Tourney

Hi all my local store is planning a 2k tournament after the release of 5th in July. I have been play testing a few army list and have come up with this one. Let me know what you guys think and if you think it will be competitive. I play in a highly compettive area where most armies are well thought out and play strong on the table.

HQ

97pts El w/ MP, PR, TA, HWMT
    97pts El w/ MP, PR, TA, HWMT

Elites

130pts x2 XV8 w/ TL-PR, TA
    106pts x2 XV8 w/ TL-MP, TA

Troops

200pts x8 FW w/ Pulse Rifles in Warfish w/ BC, SMS, MT, TA, DP
    200pts x8 FW w/ Pulse Rifles in Warfish w/ BC, SMS, MT, TA, DP
    80pts x8 FW w/ Pulse Rifles
    80pts x8 FW w/ Pulse Rifles

Fast Attack

207pts x6 Pathfinders w/ Ui', TL in Warfish w/ BC, SMS, MT, TA, DP
    207pts x6 Pathfinders w/ Ui', TL in Warfish w/ BC, SMS, MT, TA, DP
    70pts Piranha w/ FB, TA

Heavies

165pts Railhead w/ RG, BC, MT, DP
    165pts Railhead w/ RG, BC, MT, DP
    195pts x2 XV88 w/ TL-RG, SMS, ASS, Team Leader w/ DC and x2 Shield Drones

1999 Total

The 2 squads of FW can either hop in the Pathfindeers Warfish or stay on foot and support the XV88. This is the first list that I can't seem to fit enough for the Stealth suits but I like them and they are a staple unit in my opinion. 2 squads of pathifinders will be the test depending on any erratas that come with 5th release. I believe there reducing cover saves from enemy tank and such will be very valuable. More often than not I am playing against things with a 3+ save so I need the AP weapons. I think the Warfishes offer enough small arms fire that maybe the Stealths aren't needed BUT they have there uses. Any questions or comments would be great and a big help to tweek the list.
    Thanx all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems to be a pretty solid list, however it is krootless, if you play that way then just ignore this but personally, i would recommend at least 1 if not 2 squads of kroot, 2 being preferable with so many points, maybe you could switch out the 2 squads of firewarriors without the warfish and get 2 full 10 man kroot squads with an extra 20 points
    Also, i would watch out for your 2 TL-PR suits, and if you could swap them out for Fireknives, again its a personal thing but why not get 4 extra MP shots if you can!
    one more thing that stands out is the piranha, I would love to use piranhas, but in my experience only one doesnt really do that much, you could use it as a seeker missile platform, but I would recommend you take off the fusion blaster, you already have a ton of armor killers with the Deathrains, 2 hammerheads and 2 broadsides, you could take that out with just one of those firewarrior squads and get a whole bunch of kroot!
    finally, you could use those extra points to fit in a stealth squad if your so keen on taking them you could put them in instead of kroot if you wanted, but it will reduce your troop count, so for objective missions you will have a little less to work with, try it out, see what you think what works and what doesnt before you get to your tournament so you can get an idea of how your list will run good luck!
    Last edited by iskate; June 27th, 2008 at 22:50.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

lose a squad of pathfinders you don't need 2 and take some kroot they're cheap expendable good at close combat they can infiltrate and even shoot they do so much for so little and can often be ignored so your opponent can shoot at juicier targets, in objective games where you and the enemy want to get close to objectives they are much better for their points than fire warriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you're like me and just plain don't like the vibe kroot add to your army, i'd reccomend dropping the piranha and TL-PR for TL-MP for the stealth squad. I love em too, can't leave home without them.

+ Reply to Thread