Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Listen up ya runtz, Iz here to show you ==Me== Waaagh!
With 5th edition right around the corner, I'm thinking up some lists to get ready. After lamenting how useless ==My== KFF Mek will be thanks to cover up the wazoo, I did some finkin' and here we are.
Big Mek-KFF, 2 oilers
Kommandoz-15, Nob w/ PK
Slugga Boyz-20, Nob w/ PK
Deff Dread-2 DCCW, armor plates, grot riggers
Stormboyz-20, Nob w/ PK
Killa Kanz-3 w/ KMB, grot riggers
Killa Kanz-3 w/ KMB, grot riggers
The Kanz will run up front to shield the Boyz and provide lovely 4+ cover saves, anyone outside will have to settle from a 5+ from the Mek. As Grots, they are used to this sort of thing. The Kanz themselves will be covered by the KFF and given a 4+ cover save all their own. They will keep moving up, firing their guns, and getting fixed by their riggers or the Mek as necessary. The Boyz will keep running until they get into assault. The Stormboyz will run up a flank and get stuck in propah, either going for a particularly nasty assault unit or shooter. The Kommandoz will outflank and hopefully come in to support the Stormboyz, otherwise they'll pick a fight of their own.
I think it's dead tricky, Blood Axe style, what do you say?
Last edited by ==Me==; July 8th, 2008 at 02:56.
The list looks pretty good. I especially like the KMBs on the killa kans (the extra points for AP 2 has saved my neck quite a few times), and the KFF protecting them.
There are a few issues, some technical and other strategically:
1. Stormboyz are fast attack choices, not troops.
2. The nobz need bosspoles, especially in the kommandos and stormboyz. Personally, for five points I think it's the best upgrade in the ork army.
3. You need more special weapons across the board. The list is lacking in both long range fire and anti-armor, and giving some big shootas and/or rokkits to the boyz and kommandos will help make up for this.
4. Extra Dread Close Combat weapons are a tremendous waste of points. Instead, I'd give him big shootas, to help make up for the lack of long range fire that I mentioned earlier. He'll still be scary in close combat, and he'll be useful in practically every round of the game.
5. The killa kans should be divided into as many units as possible. There's literally no advantage to clumping them together, and a few disadvantages. First, if one gets immobilized, the other kans either have to maintain coherency, or leave the immobilized kan as wrecked (destroying it). Second, units with multiple shots will be able to hit more killa kans in a single turn that way. Field 3 units of 2 kans each, rather than 2 units of 3.
6. The kommando unit is a bit large. What did you intend them to do? If you're infiltrating at the start of the game, you need to cut them down to 9-13 so they can fit in terrain (15 is a bit much). If you're coming in from reserves, I'd give them Snikkrot instead of a nob with a powerklaw. Snikkrot enables you to come off the board edge of your choice, instead of a random board edge (as per 5th edition rules). In either case, they need special weapons. I'd give them either rokkits to help against tanks, or burnas to help against troops.
6. Drop the oilers. The KFF won't be rolling to hit much. On that note, drop the armor plates off the deff dread. They won't make enough of a difference when your opponent's using lascannons, lances, or rail guns.
7. Consider upping the unit of regular boyz to 25-30 in number. With no other infantry units in the army, you need something with staying power. 20 boyz die faster than you'd expect.
8. This list could use something to help deal with long range units. Snikkrot helps, but I'd also consider either lootas or rokkit buggies.
In any case, good luck!
Thanks for the input.
Stormboyz are Fast Attack, it just looks like I made a goof formatting the post. Silly ==Me==
The Oilers are for fixing the Kanz, not Ammo Runts
I'll be using the Kommandoz to outflank, though looking over Snikrot's rules again I may just pick him up instead. Also, 2 Burnaz.
I might just drop the Stormboyz to save points and they don't really fit in with the rest of the list. That way I can pick up more Boyz and probably a Warphead.
The Deff Dread is mostly for fun, but 2 big shootas is a cheap way to keep him useful.
So, give the Kommandoz Snikrot and 2 burnaz, ditch the Stormboyz, up the Sluggas to 25 each, add a Warphead, split the Kanz into 3 units of 2, and give the Dread 2 big shootas. Maybe I can take some Lootas for extra dakka or rokkit buggies for more vehicular goodness.
if you can somehow fit some big shootas or rokkits into your boyz and pick up snikkrot, this list would be basically what i'd do. i'd really recommend trying both.
Snikkrot +12 kommandos w/2 burnas (13 models total) is an incredibly destructive force that can attack from any edge of the board. It's a great psychological weapon, and if your opponent ignores the threat, you can hop out and dice up his back line.
Either rokkit buggies or lootas would help the list a lot. I would only use a warp 'ead if you have another unit to attach him to. Instead of more boyz, I'd consider the lootas, if you have them or can get them (they cost an arm and a leg in real $). If you can't get lootas, than more boyz are always welcome.