1500 Speediest Freeks. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Speediest Freeks.

HQ =

Thrakka 225

Bik Mek with KFF 85

Elites =

9x Nobs + 1x PK + Bosspole + Trukk w/ Red + Ram 255

Troops =

12x slugga boyz + Nob + PK + Bosspole + Trukk w/ Red + Ram 157

12x slugga boyz + Nob + PK + Bosspole + trukk w/ red + ram 157

11x slugga boyz + Nob + PK + Bosspole + trukk w/ red + ram 151

Total 1501 (ish math may not be 100% jus using list as an idea)

Tactics =

Turn one, get in range off KFF, hide out of line of sight, avoid big guns.

Turn two, use thrakkas Waaaaggh, move 13'', deploy 2'', fleet 6'', assult 6''.

27 inch assult range, after moving up a bit on turn one should be able to hit everything on the board. ideas / comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having Thrakka in your army might be a bit over the top especially when he tends to be better suited in a foot slogger list. Yes you get the maximum Waaagh but you may not even need the extra 6 sometimes.

I'm considering using about 4-5 MegaNobz + a Warboss in Mega Armour in a trukk in one list. perhaps that would benefit you just as much if not more than Thrakka + slugga boyz. Would also vary the list a bit more for fun purposes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles65 View Post
    Having Thrakka in your army might be a bit over the top especially when he tends to be better suited in a foot slogger list. Yes you get the maximum Waaagh but you may not even need the extra 6 sometimes.

I'm considering using about 4-5 MegaNobz + a Warboss in Mega Armour in a trukk in one list. perhaps that would benefit you just as much if not more than Thrakka + slugga boyz. Would also vary the list a bit more for fun purposes.
    What he said.

Thraka costs far too much for anything less than a 2000 point army, and I'm beginning to think that he might cost too much 'period'.

A warboss is the way to go, but I'm not a fan of regular nobz. They really aren't any better than 2 units of slugga boyz in trukks. Instead, I'd either go with farmergilies' idea of meganobz, or nobz on warbikes instead.

A KFF, simply to protect them for the first turn is overkill, and you'd have to cluster all the trukks into one spot. I think that idea is more likely to get your entire army wiped by ordnance fire, rather than protect it. Just keep the trukks behind cover until you're ready to charge.

The nobz need a painboy, cybork bodies, 1-2 more powerklaws, and a wauughh banner. Otherwise, they're not much better than regular boyz.

The biggest problem the list has is a lack of anti-armor shots. Rokkit buggies can fix this, and so could tankbustas in a battlewagon, but I think the best idea is to use nob bikers, and have them go after armor.

Here's my version of the list:

Warboss on bike w/powerklaw, cybork [135]

7 nob bikers w/painboy, cybork bodies, 2 powerklaws, wauugh banner, bosspole [450]

12x slugga boyz + Nob + PK + Bosspole + trukk w/ ram 152

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread