2000 pts. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts.

One of my first 2000 point lists. Tried to make it more transport oriented but wanted outside opinions on it.

===HQ===
    Big Mek
    -Shokk Attack Gun
    -Cybork Body
    Total: 105

Weirdboy
    -Warphead
    Total: 85

===Elites===
    10 Nobz
    -4 Power Klaws
    -Bosspole
    -Waaagh! Banner
    -Painboy
    -Cybork Bodies
    Trukk
    Total: 435

15 Tankbustas
    Battlewagon
    -Kannon
    -4 Rokkit Launchas
    Total: 365

15 Lootas
    Total: 225

===Troops===
    20 Slugga Boyz [Weirdboy attached]
    -Nob
    --Bosspole
    --Power Klaw
    Total: 160

20 Shoota Boyz
    -2 Big Shootas
    -Nob
    --Bosspole
    --Power Klaw
    Total: 170

12 Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    --Bosspole
    --Power Klaw
    Trukk
    Total: 147

12 Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    --Bosspole
    --Power Klaw
    Trukk

===Fast Attack===
    Warbuggy
    -Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha
    Total: 35

Warbuggy

===Heavy Support===
    2 Killa Kans
    -2 Grotzookas
    Total: 90

TOTAL POINT VALUE: 1999

Pretty straight forward in theory. The units in a vehicle charge forward trying to get up and in close combat as quick as possible (except the tankbustas of course who hang back and shoot). The kans and shoota boyz march forward providing a screen for the Lootas and SAG as well as shooting up whoever they can. Warbuggies run rampant pciking off whoever they can. The only thing I haven't decided on is what to do with the 20 slugga boyz with a weirdboy attached to them. Should they duck and hide behind cover waiting for an 'Ere We Go!' roll or slog forward hiding as well as possible behind the vehicles?

Also, one question I thought of in creating this army. If I have one of my trukks between my battlewagon of tankbustas and their target do they have LoS?

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by Zatnugg; July 7th, 2008 at 03:47.
    "Orks have to be followers of Nurgle! They're green, smell bad, and just want to spread the fun!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Big Mek
    -Shokk Attack Gun
    -Cybork Body
    Total: 105
    Solid firepower and total hilarity, what's not to love?

Weirdboy
    -Warphead
    Total: 85
    Good, cheap support HQ

10 Nobz
    -4 Power Klaws
    -Bosspole
    -Waaagh! Banner
    -Painboy
    -Cybork Bodies
    Trukk
    Total: 435
    That's a lot of points that'll go down the drain to one good battle cannon shot. You can get away with just 2 Klaws and maybe even only 8 Nobs. Also, they shouldn't be running in a weedy Trukk. At the very least, give your Trukk red paint and armor plates to get them stuck in faster and keep rolling.

15 Tankbustas
    Battlewagon
    -Kannon
    -4 Rokkit Launchas
    Total: 365
    Tankbustas have no option for a BW, so it'll be heavy. I find Tankbustas to be made of fail, you could get 2 more Trukk mobs of Boyz for the points and have some leftover for a rokkit buggy or two. The BW is better with the Nobz, and ditch the majority of the guns in favor of protection. Armor plates, red paint, grot riggers, and a pair of Big Shootas is really all you need for a transport Wagon (Deff rolla if you can afford it!). If you're keen on the Bustas, I'd take a smaller unit in a Looted Wagon and use it as a Bomm Squig delivery system or rokkit pillbox.

15 Lootas
    Total: 225
    I'd prefer 2 units of 8 for flexibility and less chance of the unit runnin' if things go bad. Either drop the Tankbustas or pick up a Boss to make the Nobz Troops.

20 Slugga Boyz [Weirdboy attached]
    -Nob
    --Bosspole
    --Power Klaw
    Total: 160
    Bosspole isn't needed with such a big unit, bump up to 30 Sluggas.

20 Shoota Boyz
    -2 Big Shootas
    -Nob
    --Bosspole
    --Power Klaw
    Total: 170
    Why only 20? More dakka!

12 Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    --Bosspole
    --Power Klaw
    Trukk
    Red paint, Armor plates. The barest of minimums to make your Trukk much more effective.

12 Slugga Boyz
    -Nob
    --Bosspole
    --Power Klaw
    Trukk
    As above.

Warbuggy
    More!

Warbuggy
    Yes!

2 Killa Kans
    -2 Grotzookas
    Total: 90
    Good blasty fire support, if a little fragile, try getting moar!

Your biggest problem is numbers, due to sinking so many points in Elites for only 1 really good unit. You can pare down the Nobz significantly, drop the Tankbustas altogether, and split the Lootas up and save a good chunk of points. Use it to get more Boyz! Trukk mobs, 20 Sluggas in a BW, whatever. Power Klaws destroy tanks better than any rokkit, never forget that.

And did I mention more boyz?
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

So close...

Dang it 'Me', you have some great points, and then you break my heart with the cheap shot towards tankbustas.

Tankbustas are damn effective, especially when fielded exactly the way they're fielded in this list. My only issues are their lack of a nob w/bosspole (no powerklaw, it's just for the bosspole), and all the weapons on the battlewagon. As long as the wagon's moving, in 5th edition (which is now, really) only a single one of those guns can be fired, and keeping the wagon still is a bad idea. Drop everything except a single kannon or rokkit, and give it grot riggers (a nice cheap upgrade for the tougher vehicles). Tankbustas provide much needed anti-armor to the ork army, out of pure volume of shots.

I'm not a fan of armor plates myself. I much prefer a ram. The reason is, the armor plates are only used when the trukk is being shot, and if the trukk is being shot...it's gone. It doesn't matter what upgrades it has, the only way to keep a trukk from being destroyed is keeping it behind cover. The ram allows you to then drive right through the cover (with only a small amount of risk), and then assault. If the trukks are out in the open, nothing will save them, especially not pricey armor plates. As a bonus, once the boyz are delivered, the trukk can then ram other vehicles.

I wouldn't cut 15 lootas into 2 units. The bare minimum is really 10, and I like 13-15. That has a lot of staying power. 2 units of 10 is better, but you'll need 20 lootas total, or else some meks with big shootas thrown in, to get the units up to 10.

I agree with everything 'Me' said in regards to the buggies, the HQs, the nobz and the boyz.

I'm also going to add that it generally isn't a good idea to 'split' the boyz between footslogging and trukks in the same list. The reason is, if you're going to use trukks, you need as many as possible, otherwise they won't last. I'd run either 3 full units of 30 boyz on foot, or 5 units of trukk boyz. Either go one way or the other.

Instead of grotzookas, I'd give the killa kans some kustom mega blastas, for when terminators, broadsides and monstrous creatures show up. They've saved my neck plenty of times.

Lastly, there's no reason to have the killa kans in the same unit. They'll be much more effective when fielded individually, in one killa kan per unit.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread