why 2 units of FO intead of 1 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why 2 units of FO intead of 1

Last time I put my List up here I was told to have 2 units of 5 Flayed Ones instead of 1 unit of 10, I was wondering if anyone could explain to me why this is better, I was thinking about it, and had the idea that since there is such a big chance of messing up your rolls on Deep strike and dying or in the new rules being placed by your enemy, might it not be smarter to put them in one large unit and then use the monolith to teleport them right into combat? Maybe I was thinking about this wrong If anyone can comment on the idea I would like to hear what the more experienced players have to say.

thanks
    Slow Death

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

You should never deep strike your flayed ones, infiltrate them always. The reason why is it allows them to support each other better I.E they can assist WBB and you can pick more targets with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I tend to infiltrate mine. Flayed ones are not quite strong enough for head to head CC, so splitting them up lets you target multiple combat weak squads. And also being in 5 part squads they're slightly more expendable, if one gets gunned down, it's not a horrible disaster, you have another squad to follow up.

Five is ALSO way easier to hide behind cover, 10 gets a little clunky for sneaking up to ninja things.

But if you like to do things one way go ahead, it's your army eh?

+ Reply to Thread