Da Trukk Boyz 2000 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Da Trukk Boyz 2000 pts

well this is my first attempt at a ork army and i wanted to emphasize the use of trukks since they will allow my boyz to get closer to the enemy alot faster that if i foot slogged it. Since this is my first attempt at orks critique is needed...

HQ
    Warboss Ironjawz-100pts
    PK, Combi skorcha/shoota, bosspole, eavy armor

Bigmek Gubbinz-85 pts
    kustom force field

Elites
    15x Burna Boyz- 225pts
    3x meks with mega blasters

Troops
    5x Mega nobz w/trukk- 260 pts
    2x combi rokkit/shoota
    trukk- red paint, grot riggers, reinforced ram, big shoota

10x Ard boyz w/trukk- 216pts
    big shoota,stickbombs
    nob- PK, bosspole
    trukk-riggers, red paint, reinforced ram,big shoota

10x boyz- 177 pts
    rokkit,stickbombs
    nob- pk, bosspole
    trukk-riggers, paint, ram, big shoota

10x boyz- 177pts
    same

10x boyz- 177pts
    same

30x shoota boyz- 280 pts
    3x rokkits
    nob-pk, bosspole

Fast Attack
    warbuggy- 45pts
    twin linked rokkits, riggers, paint

warbuggy-45 pts
    same

warbuggy- 45 pts
    same

Heavy Support
    Battlewagon- 155pts
    4x big shootas, paint, deff rolla, riggers

total 1987 pts

my plan is to basically use the trukks to make a mad rush for my enemy's positions(s). the battlwagon will carry my burnas and my warboss if he can be attached to the burna boyz (if not i may need to give the warboss a bike.....). the shoota boyz are their to provide some ranged support and the meks force field and the rokkits will come in handy. i went scarce on the upgrades for the battlewagon because im sure it will remain alive since i have the meks in it.

Last edited by Cadian Guard; July 12th, 2008 at 03:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

Yes, as far as I know the Boss can be attached to the Burnas.

Couple other things, though.

A) Why the KFF? I'll tell you why! 4+ cover saves for all vehicles within 6", that's why!

Drop the stikkbombs. Either take Stikkbomb chuckas on all trukks (works out the same, except bunches cheaper) or drop the concept altogether; in 5th edition offensive grenades (ie frags, stikkbombs etc) are no longer as good as they once were; units attacking into cover strike at initiative 1 rather than the unit in cover striking at initiative 10, and rather than raise attackers iniative, offensive 'nades simply negate cover so all units fight at initiative level. In other words, Boyz will be striking at Initiative 3 on the charge, which, unless you're fighting Tau or IG, is going to mean 80% of the time you'll be striking last anyway (and anyone you'd potentially strike first or at the same time is unlikely to cause much trouble to you in CC anyway, so might as well save the points altogether)

C) I wouldn't bother taking grot riggers on trukks or warbuggies. Especially warbuggies. In my experience, after turn 2 trukks are useless hunks of metal; their main purpose is transporting the boyz to the enemy lines. If one of your trukks gets immobilized (which is unlikely) you'll need to spend a MINIMUM of two turns having your Boyz sit in their trukk waiting for it to get going again -- it's much better to simply jump out and footslog it from wherever they got immobilized. If anything, take armour plates rather than riggers as it'll atleast let you keep moving if you're stunned.

D) Really, drop all superfluous stuff from the buggies and run them with rokkits only. No need to embelish them; more likely than not your enemy will be concentrating on those trukkfulls of boyz and meganobz rather than bother worrying about some apparently weak little BS2 rokkit buggy. Little do they know what damage they can cause...

In retrospect, I've found that putting too much gear on AV10 open-topped vehicles is a bit of a waste-- more often than not they'll simply die anytime they take damage and that extra gear goes to waste. Infact in all my games I can count on one hand the times grot riggers have come in handy (and even then, only for Looted and Battlewagons). Really its best to run trukks as lite as possible.

Also, for the Battlewagon, with the points you've gotten for removing some superfluous stuff you can stick a dethrolla on it for extra fun.
    Takka n' Wakka's Dakka Attacka! 33W / 6L / 1D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Exactly

Misanthrope's points are all good. A few things I'd add:

1. Only use 1 big shoota on the battlewagon. With 5th edition rules, if it moves at all, it'll only be able to fire a single one. Since you'll want to keep it moving, there's no point in having more than a single big shoota.

2. Keep the rams on the trukks, but drop all the other upgrades. Literally drop all the upgrades off the buggies. The only reason buggies are effective is because they're expendable. Make them expensive, and there's no point.

3. Drop the 'Ard boyz upgrade. If you're going to spend that many points on a regular unit of boyz, you might as well use nobz.

4. Don't use the KFF. Protecting your vehicles on turn 1 isn't enough of a reason to take him. Just keep the vehicles behind cover and use rams, so they can race through the terrain.

5. Most importantly of all, you need 12 boyz in every trukk. 12 boyz isn't much when facing tough opponents, and 10 is crippling. Always put the maximum number of boyz in every trukk you use.

6. Attaching the warboss to the burnas is a good idea. I'd go with that, but he needs a cybork body, or monstrous creatures and power weapons will tear him apart. Always give warbosses cybork bodies.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Warboss Ironjawz-110pts
    Power Klaw, Combi skorcha/shoota, bosspole, eavy armor, cybork body

Bigmek Gubbinz-85 pts
    kustom force field

Elites
    15x Burna Boyz- 225pts

3x Nob Bikerz-170pts
    power klaw, 2x big choppas

Troops
    5x Mega nobz w/trukk- 240 pts
    trukk- reinforced ram, big shoota

12x boyz w/trukk-162pts
    rokkit launcha
    nob- Power Klaw, bosspole
    trukk-reinforced ram,big shoota

12x boyz- 162 pts
    same

11x boyz- 156pts
    same

11x boyz- 156pts
    same

30x shoota boyz- 210 pts
    3x rokkits

Fast Attack
    6x warbikerz-190pts
    nob-power klaw, bosspole

warbuggy- 35 pts
    twin linked rokkits

warbuggy- 35 pts
    same

Heavy Support
    Battlewagon- 115pts
    1x big shoota, deff rolla,

total- 2043 pts.

thanks for the info guys
    okay with the extra points i had i decided to add some bikers, and removed alot of the stuff on the trukks. I removeed alot of the stuff on the battlewagon since i didnt think i would need em (i have 3 meks with the burnas and they have mek tool so i dont think i need riggers). all the extra bitz for the buggies are gone and same with the trukks (cept for the rams). the numbers in the trukks vary between 11 and 12. I removed the nob in the shoota boy mob since im keeping the big mek with them (which is why i have the KFF)
    are the bikerz a good investment on points? i have heard compliments on their tank hunting and we have armored company player and a iron warriors player at our hobby store and they love using tanks. basically im up against tau, eldar, iron warriors (chaos), armored company (imperial guard), and space marines....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the list seems pretty solid right now?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Problems

Overall, there are still some problems.

1. Once again, you should drop the big mek with KFF. They're great in footslogging lists, but using them in this list would be counter-effective. Bunching all your vehicles around him will make them more vulnerable, rather than protected, since ordnance will have an easier time blowing them up. I'd definitely drop him from this list (he's great in footslogging lists, but not mechanized ones).

2. I never use special weapons in units of trukk boyz. If the trukk (or a unit inside the trukk) can shoot the enemy, then the enemy can shoot the trukk, and you're going to get blown up. Keep trukks behind cover every turn until you're ready to assault, and although you will get to shoot with them that turn, a single rokkit shot per game is not worth 10 points.

3. Keep all units of trukk boyz at 12 boyz each. 12 is small enough to be a problem on its own, so you don't need to help your opponent by giving him one less boy to deal with from the start. It's 12 or nothing. If you need figures, than you could always cut the burna squad down to 13, and use 2 of them as regular boyz.

4. The unit of 3 nob bikers is not going to be effective. NThey don't have the staying power to last in close combat (especially not without a bosspole, which is a must have for all nobz). Because of their cost, biker nobz aren't effective unless there's 6-8 of them (or 5 with a warboss attached), with 2- 3 powerklaws, bosspole, painboy, cybork bodies for all, and wauughh banner. I'd actually drop them completely from the list. You could also drop the unit of warbikes instead, and use the points (and the points from the KFF) to get the unit of nobz up to 6, with a painboy, cybork, bosspole and wauughh banner. That's effective too.

5. Instead of nob bikers and the KFF, I'd use a Warboss with a powerklaw and cybork body (also an attack squig if you like). Attach him to the unit of 6 warbikes, and you've got a fairly powerful unit.

The list definitely looks better, but it still needs a little fine tuning, and you have to get it under 2000 points. In any case, good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Warboss Ironjawz-155pts
    Power Klaw, shoota, bosspole, cybork body, warbike, attack squig

Bigmek Gubbinz-60 pts
    kustom mega blasta
    bosspole
    eavy armor

Elites
    15x Burna Boyz- 225pts

Troops
    5x Mega nobz w/trukk- 240 pts
    trukk- reinforced ram, big shoota

12x boyz w/trukk-167pts
    rokkit launcha
    nob- Power Klaw, bosspole, eavy armor
    trukk-reinforced ram,big shoota

12x boyz- 167 pts
    same

12x boyz- 167pts
    same

12x boyz- 167pts
    same

30x shoota boyz- 255 pts
    3x rokkits
    nob-power klaw, slugga, bosspole, eavy armor

Fast Attack
    6x warbikerz-190pts
    nob-power klaw, bosspole

warbuggy- 35 pts
    twin linked rokkits

warbuggy- 35 pts
    same

Heavy Support
    Battlewagon- 115pts
    1x big shoota, deff rolla,

total- 1978 pts.

well here is my changed list
    gonna have to find a way to convert a biker to look like a warboss...know any good conversion sites???
    those rokkits are not on the trukks they are with the boyz
    nob bikerz and the KFF are gone and replaced (meh old KFF bigmek will be stuck with a any footssloggerz army i do in the future)
    the warboss is alot more buff now and will be with the bikerz on his new bike
    and no matter how ard i try i cant make it reach 2k points gah! the reason why i added extra bitz to nobz and such is the fact i need the points to at least be reletively close to 2k...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Better

I know the rokkit is with the boyz and not on the trukks. I'd still ditch them. You'll almost certainly get no use from them.

Don't give the warboss a shoota. The dakkaguns on his bike are better. Also, he doesn't need a bosspole, since he's getting attached to a unit that already has one. Always keep the bosspole on the unit, not the character.

Why did you cut out the warboss and not the big mek? I'd drop the big mek and use two warbosses instead. This will leave one warboss for the bikes, and one for either the meganobz or burnas, whichever you prefer.

Struggling to get to 2000 points? Either throw on some red paint jobs, another warbike, or another rokkit buggy (to bring one of the units up to 2). Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do i risk one buggy being left behind if one get hit?
    im actually going to do that 2 warboss thing cause now that you mention it have two very good leaders will be very useful.
    reason why im packing alot of rokkits, blasters, power klawz is we have a armored company player and iron warrior player who both enjoy heavy firepower and i dont want to be caught in a disadvantage with the leman russes, basilisks, chimeras, vindicators, rhinos, predators that i will most likey see in the games between them.

EDIT:

HQ
    Warboss Grizba da Killafing-155pts
    Power Klaw, cybork body, warbike, attack squig, bosspole

Warboss Ironjawz- 110pts
    Power Klaw, bosspole, eavy armor, cybork body, combi shoota/skorcha

Elites
    15x Burna Boyz- 225pts

Troops
    5x Mega nobz w/trukk- 245 pts
    trukk- reinforced ram, big shoota, red paint

12x boyz w/trukk-162pts
    nob- Power Klaw, bosspole, eavy armor
    trukk-reinforced ram,big shoota, red paint

12x boyz- 162 pts
    same

12x boyz- 162pts
    same

12x boyz- 162pts
    same

30x shoota boyz- 250 pts
    3x rokkits
    nob-power klaw, slugga, bosspole,

Fast Attack
    6x warbikerz-185pts
    nob-power klaw,

warbuggy- 35 pts
    twin linked rokkits

warbuggy- 35 pts
    same

Heavy Support
    Battlewagon- 120pts
    1x big shoota, deff rolla, red paint

total- 2003 pts.

well ere be da boyz now!!!!
    added paint
    removed rokkits
    all i need to do now is convert a warboss and put random red paint splotches on the trukks
    and i got closer to 200 points then ever before
    Last edited by Cadian Guard; July 22nd, 2008 at 00:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

Personally, I'd drop the mob of footslogging Boyz, add another unit of Trukkboyz and you'll have more points leftover for goodies... a unit of 30 Boyz is a big deal but IMO Trukkboyz > Shootaboyz.

You could even consider replacing one Warboss for Ghazghkull. He's an absolute terror in CC and a very good supportive unit (automatic 6" for Waaagh fleet rolls), or put one of your Warbosses in Mega-Armour and ride him with the Meganobz (Trukks can carry 6 Mega-Armour guys).

The only thing I worry is that the Battlewagon, as its your only vehicle (and a very dangerous one at that) will see every Lascannon and high-strength anti-tank weapon firing at it. Maybe replace it with a Looted Wagon and drop the Burnas to 12, or something, I dunno -- I've just seen a lot of bad things happen when you've got a single powerful vehicle all alone (unless its a Land Raider or especially Monolith which can handle themselves).
    Takka n' Wakka's Dakka Attacka! 33W / 6L / 1D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast