1000 point Tau army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point Tau army

HQ-132pts
    Commander Shas’o – cyclic ion blaster, fusion gun, command and control node, hardwired target lock, hard wired multi tracker, hard wired drone controller, gun drone- 132 pts
    Elites-230pts
    Stealth Suits- 5x- targeting arrays- 230pts
    -Shas’vre- hard wired target lock, targeting array, markerlight, bonding knife
    Troops-280pts
    Firewarriors-12x-Shas’ui, bonding knife, markerlight- 140pts
    Friewarriors-12x-Shas’ui, bonding knife, markerlight- 140pts
    Heavy Support- 360pts
    Broadsides-3x-targeting array
    -Shas’vre- twin-linked plasma rifles, hardwired drone controller, targeting array, hardwired target lock, shield drone
    Sniper Drones- 80pts

Alrighty this is my basic army for the tau and it has gotten some pretty good experience against the crons (the broadside shas'vre slayed a squad 5 immortals and the necron lord attached to them)
    I want to know what you guys think of it.
    Also i want to up it to a 1500 pt army and was wonderinh if vespids were usefull (since i do want to add them at some point in time)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would vespids be a good addition to make a 1500 pts list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly

Im gonna be honest, i think your HQ and elite choices need to be reevaluated. Your HQ can be downgraded to an 'El and given a Targeting array to be made as effective as it is now. The command and control node is essentially useless in 5th since you do not need to do a target priority test to target another unit other than the closest which makes the node useless. Not only that, but your weapon choices on the suit need to have an extremely close range to be effective. Your elite choice isnt too terribly bad, though I would personally sub the stealth suits out for some hard hitting crisis suits. The stealth suits will be able to tear through light infantry, but as your list is now, the only units that will even be able to scratch marines are the sniper drones and broadsides, and I assume the broadsides will have more important things to do than take out measly marines.

Senior Member Spartan Command061's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Make every single one of your shas'vre, shas'ui team leaders, same effect, less points. Plasma Rifles on the Broadside are worthless, lose them, as you'll be wanting to put the railguns to use, if you want Plasma rifles get burning eyes. Also split the team into a monat (single man) and a pair with shas'ui team leader with a HW target lock. gives you the ability to fire at 3 targets instead of 2. Also try ASS instead of targetting arrays on them, the accuracy doesn't suffer to dramatically and you get the ability to threaten new areas.

Your stealth suits are very expensive, i find they get are more effective for their points left bare naked (30pts each). Adding things to them makes them more expensive than the equivelent number of FW's, so their awesome bang for buck is kinda diminished.

Sniper drones are not so great, chewing up a heavy slot for rail rifles.

Your commander needs serious work, his weapons are both close range but doing completely different things. You have an AT weapon and a mediocre anti horde weapon. The suits are our only access to high strength low-mid ap weaponry, we get excellent horde killers in the form of Stealths, FW's, Hammerheads and kroot in certain applications. Kit him out with some plasma and go support your battle line with that. As dartimien said the Command and Control node is useless, as is his target lock (he's in a unit of one, so yeah, not very useful). The gun drone should be either dropped or turned into a shield drone, as it adds little in the way of firepower or protection.

As for vespid....no leave them be. They are a horrendous unit. Don't touch the chitinous little buggers. To expensive, short ranged and weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im adding crisis suits (and a crisis suit bodyguard), more broadsides, and im gonna work on the HQ's weapons and gearf and remove the cylic in favor of a plasma rifle. Im probably gonna remove the sniper drones in favor of more heavy support choices (broadsides....). Im gonna cut down on Stealth suit upgrades but i really like the targettin arrays so i will prbably keep em.
    This is my first army that i unfortunately had to face a very veteran necrons player....i lost but did kill the lord and immortals with the broadsides...

+ Reply to Thread