My 1850pts WAAAGH!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 1850pts WAAAGH!!!

Tis 'ere iz my WAAAGH!!!!, So what do you uther bosses have ta say 'bout that ?!?

Human Translation (Here a list. What do you think about it? how well do you think it will work? how could it be better?)

HQ
    Warboss
    -Big Choppa
    -Attack Squig
    -'Eavy Armour
    -Cybork Body

Big Mek
    -Shokk Attack Gun
    -'Eavy Armour

Elites
    10 Lootas

Troops
    19 Boyz 2 Rokkits
    1 Nob Power Klaw, Bosspole

19 Boyz 2 Rokkits
    1 Nob Power Klaw, Bosspole

19 Boyz 2xBig Shootas
    1 Nob Bosspole

9 Boyz 1 rokkit
    1 Nob big choppa
    Trukk -Red Paint Job
    -Armour Plates
    -Grot Riggers
    -Reinforced Ram

9 Boyz 1 rokkit
    1 Nob big choppa
    Trukk -Red Paint Job
    -Armour Plates
    -Grot Riggers
    -Reinforced Ram

Fast Attack
    9 Stormboyz
    1 Nob Power Klaw Bosspole

5 Warbikes
    1 Nob Power Klaw bosspole

Heavy
    3 Killa Kans
    -Rokkits

3 Killa Kans
    -Grotzooka

Looted Wagon
    -Boomgun
    -'Ard Case

That's 1845pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Not bad

Definitely not a bad start, but there are a few issues:

1. The warboss needs a powerklaw (drop the attack squig if you have to). Every nob in the army also needs a powerklaw. Powerklaws are not optional, and literally the difference between victory and a slow crushing defeat, especially when fighting monstrous creatures and marines.

2. Every unit of trukk boyz should have 12 models total in the trukk. Even 12 is a little low, but that's the limit, so never short change yourself by using any less (unless you want to add an HQ to the unit, and in that case you use 11).

3. Where is the SAG going? If it's with the lootas, I'd add a couple more lootas (or big shootas if you don't have more loota models) to give them more staying power. 10 Lootas + an SAG shot every round will be too tempting of a target for your opponent to pass up destroying. If he's going with a unit of 20 boyz, then you're fine as is.

4. 10 Storm boyz is light. I never use any less than 13, and 15 is better. They're almost certainly going to be shot at for at least one round, so you have to give them enough troops to survive a turn or two of shooting. For this list, you might want to consider cutting the storm boyz out completely. They aren't bad, but the points might be more valuable elsewhere (beefing up the numbers of the other units, for example).

5. For the points needed to change the list, I'd drop most of the upgrades off the trukks. They don't stand up to enemy fire well enough to warrant grot riggers or armor plates. The only upgrades I give trukks are rams (so they can move through terrain) and sometimes red paint, but the rams are all but mandatory. Every else can be dropped.

Everything else looks good, especially the large number of troop units and all the bosspoles (the second best upgrade in the ork army, powerklaws being the first).

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

zim
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

going with grax... the rams on the trukks might be nice (if they live after the boys get out) but trukks should beable to just zoom across the field so the grot riggers are unessiary. you may want to drop the stromboyz, or drop the warbikers and use the points on my stormboyz and the missing boys in trukks. besides that, i love all the dakka so .

+ Reply to Thread