1000 pt Swordwind, all comers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

1000 pt Swordwind, all comers

I know we're still very early in the stages of coming to terms with 5th edition, but what do you think anyway?

HQ
    Farseer with singing spear, runes of warding, spirit stones, fortune, and guide
    143 pts

Elites
    6 Striking Scorpions, Exarch with scorpion claw, stalker, and shadow strike

Troops
    10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with 2 shuriken catapults and bladestorm
    152 pts
    Wave Serpent with twin-linked shuriken cannon and spirit stones
    110 pts

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with 2 shuriken catapults and bladestorm
    152 pts
    Wave Serpent with twin-linked shuriken cannon and spirit stones
    110 pts

Heavy Support
    3 War Walkers with scatterlasers
    180 pts

Total: 995 points

The idea is to get the warwalkers to cover, and fortune their cover save, also guiding them, the scorps infiltrate from the sides, and the wave serpents move the DAs to objectives. I still have yet to pick up the new rulebook (I plan on doing that tonight), but I think I've heard enough of the new rules to know their nuances (if that's how you spell it).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

All the individual elements look good. You aren't wasting any points and the units will work well together. You are a little short of anti tank firepower appart from S6 shots to flank armour so may want to ger a BL on one of the wave serpents if you can.

Tactically where is the farseer going to go? You can't use his IC status anymore to keep him from getting shot so you have to join a unit. If you begin a turn in a wave serpent with some DAs you can't use psi powers that need casting at the beginning of a turn.

Perhapse drop a serpent and foot slog one unit of DAs. With the points saved considder some guardians, more DAs or even pathfinders.

For example - drop 1 serpent, add 10 Guardians with scatter laser, upgrade the remaining serpent to EML or BL.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a great scheme to the army as all units share similar roles - anti-mob. No anti-tank or elite armor to speak of. In order to give some anti-tank, break up your warwalker squad, and free your farseer from having to guide/fortune (he costs a lot to be hanging back anyways). Then I might exchange the scatter lasers in favors of some EML. They provide similar anti-infantry, albeit weaker strength, but make up for it in at least some anti-armor potential. I might drop two of them for a falcon, and then drop the scorps for a squad of banshees (anti-elites) which can ride in the falcon to make up for lost speed from infiltrating. As mad cat said I would try to fit BLs on those DA serpents as well.
    -Alaitoc Ranger Force (1850pts)
    -Nucleonauts (started)

+ Reply to Thread