1500pt All around list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

1500pt All around list

The end result of this list, is I'm hoping it will be competitive, and hopefully I'll either take it to a couple of games days, and then after that maybe a GT or two.

Shas'el: 97
    hard wired multitracker, twinlinked plasma rifle, missile pods

Stealthsuits x6: 239
    x2 fusion blasters, Shas'vre, bonding knife, hard wired drone controller, gun drone, markerlight drone

Fire Warriors 2 x 9: 180
    pulse rifles

Devilfish x 2: 190
    One for the first two squads of fire warriors. x1 seeker missile, decoy launchers

pulse carbines

Gun Drones x7 & x8: 180

Pathfinders x 7: 114
    x3 railrifles
    Devilfish: 95
    decoy launchers, x1 seeker missile

Broadsides 3x1: 225
    multitrackers

I haven't gotten a chance to reading the 5th edition rule book yet mainly cause I dont own it yet, but I intend to change that rather soon. I couldn't remember which was the preferred choice for the devilfishes for 5th edition, whether it was the decoy's or disruptions, so I took a guess, they can be changed if I got it shook up.

I did see one of the earlier threads mentioning the perks of the jetpacks now, so I included a markerlight drone in with my stealths, and I intend to use it.

The stealthsuits also have fusion blasters just to add in some more anti-tank/high T models.
    I would have more fire warriors and suits in this list except I wanted to take a unit of pathfinders, and with the requirement of them needing their APC, I figured it best to take more then one APC, and keep one in the back ground to provide additional transportation to a squad if they needed it.

Comments are much appreciated.

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

As far as I can remember because I upgraded the Shas'vre and because he took a hard wired drone controller none of the other stealth suits need take anything, but I have been considering taking drone controllers on the other suits, so that I could move the majority of the gun drones over to them and then like pick up another markerlight drone or something along those lines.

Whats your opinions on that idea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there. well lets take a look. i'm new to tau but if your looking to play 5th ed your going to love marker lights.

hm.. interesting but whatever floats your boat. from looking around on the forums and some testing with my buddy's models the regular fireknife shas'el is decent enough. take the targeting array rather than the TL PR. BS 5 not only boosts your chance of hitting on your PR but also your missile pod.

x2 fusion blasters, Shas'vre, bonding knife, hard wired drone controller, gun drone, markerlight drone

Okay. i assume this unit is going to be harrassing? or some type of annoyance.. with the new rules our Jetpacks are now Relentless they can move and still shoot heavy weapons so if you want you can grab that markerlight on your 'vre and JSJ markerlights. i forgot you can also take a HW multitracker so he can still shoot his burst canon. Markerlight drones are pricey.. i'm not to confident in a bs 3 drone. 50/50 but if you want this unit to be mass marker light. Shas'vre w/ Markerlight, HW multi tracker, HW drone controller, 2 markerlight drones. *OPTIONAL* Targeting array. but if not just grab the normal multi tracker.

pulse rifles

Devilfish x 2: 190
    One for the first two squads of fire warriors. x1 seeker missile, decoy launchers

No issues here.

pulse carbines

lotta troops always good. i guess..

Gun Drones x7 & x8: 180

hmm.. interesting. pinning should ripen some units but useless against high Ld units.

x3 railrifles

The pathfinders are going to be limited in mobility. the rifles compliment the range of markerlights. but i prefer the extra 3 marker lights. i love skyrays. but then again people don't seem to realize the glory of insta gibbing marines behind buildings and terrain.

multitrackers

mass fire power. its okay. but when you meet mr. lascannon. i have shield drones.. on my broadsides. although it is pricey with the new wound allocating rules. lets say we took 2 shield drones per broadside. sure the pt tag will shoot up. but lets say you were hit with 6 lascanons. wounded no problem. thats fine just throw those wounds onto the shied drone they have +4 invul. so on average about 3 will be there to soak up more dmg. but if you had 6 lascanon shots at your unit of 3. you have 3 dead broadsides and an extra 3 to make sure they're dead. but whatever floats your boat.

Thats just my input on things i'm not sure how you play with this list already. but definitely get the new rules. you can probably google a pdf version. thats whats some guys i met at the local store do.

the biggest thing i would change is the broadsides. i love them but everyone has a weakness. theirs is just overkill weapons. but if they die you lost. alot of points.
    if you get shot at and all your drones are gone go hide behind something. with the new march rules you get move 6"+D6 to get to a safer place since you already moved you might as well move farther.

Last edited by MEQKiller; July 21st, 2008 at 15:54.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

hm.. interesting but whatever floats your boat. from looking around on the forums and some testing with my buddy's models the regular fireknife shas'el is decent enough. take the targeting array rather than the TL PR. BS 5 not only boosts your chance of hitting on your PR but also your missile pod.
    As far as the HQ goes, I would take the targeting array except that I like the way the model looks with 2 plasma rifles on him, and I don't think many opponents will like that if I don't pay for it right and proper.

Okay. i assume this unit is going to be harrassing? or some type of annoyance.. with the new rules our Jetpacks are now Relentless they can move and still shoot heavy weapons so if you want you can grab that markerlight on your 'vre and JSJ markerlights. i forgot you can also take a HW multitracker so he can still shoot his burst canon. Markerlight drones are pricey.. i'm not to confident in a bs 3 drone. 50/50 but if you want this unit to be mass marker light. Shas'vre w/ Markerlight, HW multi tracker, HW drone controller, 2 markerlight drones. *OPTIONAL* Targeting array. but if not just grab the normal multi tracker.
    Seeing as I did just read that yesterday I think I might take that markerlight with the hard wired multitracker, I'm also considering adding gun drones to the whole unit, 1 gun drone for each model maybe... well at least the non leader model just to add in more static fire.

x3 railrifles

The pathfinders are going to be limited in mobility. the rifles compliment the range of markerlights. but i prefer the extra 3 marker lights. i love skyrays. but then again people don't seem to realize the glory of insta gibbing marines behind buildings and terrain.
    I know they will be limited in movement, but the railrifles will be one of the few guns that I'll have that can kill a marine in one shot. The only Issue I have with the sky ray is that it only has 6 seeker missiles on it, but then it can what only shoot one a turn or can it shoot multiple ones if it doesn't move?

multitrackers

mass fire power. its okay. but when you meet mr. lascannon. i have shield drones.. on my broadsides. although it is pricey with the new wound allocating rules. lets say we took 2 shield drones per broadside. sure the pt tag will shoot up. but lets say you were hit with 6 lascanons. wounded no problem. thats fine just throw those wounds onto the shied drone they have +4 invul. so on average about 3 will be there to soak up more dmg. but if you had 6 lascanon shots at your unit of 3. you have 3 dead broadsides and an extra 3 to make sure they're dead. but whatever floats your boat.
    multitrackers

Might double up and just take one unit of two, and then give them some drones and then toss on another heavy support choice...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

How does this look?

hw multitracker, twinlinked plasma rifle, missile pods
    anti-tank/high T troops

Stealthsuits x 6: 209
    x2 fusion blasters, Shas'vre: markerlight, hw multitracker
    harassment

both of these squads get fishes when they need them, one just leaves the pathfinders, second pathfinder fish stays with pathfinders case they need an escape

pulse carbines
    continued harassment

x 1 Devilfish: 85
    decoy launchers

Pathfinders x 6: 72
    decoy launchers, x 1 seeker missile

Pathfinders x 6: 102
    x 3 railrifles
    anti- high T troops

Broadside: 75
    multitracker

Skyray: 155
    burst cannons, targeting array, multitracker, decoy launchers

Skyray: 155
    burst cannons, targeting array, multitracker, decoy launchers

And heavy support is dedicated to anti-tank
    Last edited by Pathofskulls; July 21st, 2008 at 21:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The skyray just needs to be placed on the board anywhere to be fired. Have you read in detail Seeker missiles?!?! alot of people just skip over skyrays. i myself would take 2 if i had room -__-" well the skyray can move max or none it all depends on how many marker lights you use. the skyray with a multitracker can move 12" fire its markerlights *defensive* and call 2 missiles from itself. The Skyray can always fire its missile regardless of movement or position. thats the lovely part about these rays. They can be placed behind buildings out of LOS and fire every missile it has, given you have the right amount of markerlights.

As for the rail rifles if you really want them take sniper drone squads. with the stealth field these are actually quite tough.

I have no clue about how people have bad experiences with the skyray. it reminds me of my Exorcists in my Sisters army. except without LOS and some certain requirements. although i have only played about 6 games with my army and a few of my buddy's models I would take the Skyray over the Hammerhead any day. because of survivability.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Shas'el: 100
    hw multitracker, hw blacksun filter, twinlinked plasma rifle, missile pods

x 1 Devilfish: 95

pulse carbines

Pathfinders x 5: 90
    x 3 railrifles
    Devilfish: 105
    decoy launchers, x 2 seeker missiles

Pathfinders x 5: 90
    x 3 railrifles

multitracker

Skyray: 135
    burst cannons

burst cannons

I realize the Pathfinders have now lost some of their profiency but, I'm not a huge fan of the drones seeing as they would force me to either drop the broadside I already bought, or drop a skyray. I think theoretically, 17 Seeker missiles should be like overkill, but we'll find out, as far as marking up units goes, I can still mark 7 units per turn if need be. And the Rail Rifles are nice to have in cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just remember to use your markerlight counters. i have no idea about firing 17 seeker missiles in one turn. but i would love to see that happen. looks better now. you don't have to take the extra 5 seekers because of the presence of the 2 skyrays. 12 missiles will do. there is a weak point in this list though. deep strikers. for example a marine player deep strikes terminators.. what in your army can really gun them down? the only form of defence you have against heavy infantry is the TL plasma rifle on your HQ.

Just throwing that out there but other than that. This army should be solid. against a shooty marine army. lots of insta gibbing action here. just wonderful.. Good Luck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

59 Models, 1499pts

Shas'el: 100
    hw multitracker, hw blacksun filter, twinlinked plasma rifle, missile pods

Fire Warriors x 6: 60
    pulse carbines
    Pathfinders x 7: 102
    x 3 railrifles

x 3 railrifles

x 3 railrifles
    Devilfish: 90
    x 1 seeker missile

multitracker

burst cannons

burst cannons

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

for example a marine player deep strikes terminators.. what in your army can really gun them down? the only form of defence you have against heavy infantry is the TL plasma rifle on your HQ.
    Although I don't need those extra five missiles, should something bad happen and some idiot d/strike right into the middle of my army, I'll have an extra five missiles just waiting to be shot at those marines, plus the weapons on my HQ and my railrifles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast