500pts Nids. What comes next? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pts Nids. What comes next?

HQ

Brood Lord
    Carapace
    Toxin Sacks
    Flesh Hooks

Troops

2X 9 Hormagaunts
    Adrenal Glands Initative
    Adrenal Glands Weapon Skill
    Toxin Sacks
    Carapace
    Flesh Hooks

Elites

3 Nid Warriors
    Enhances Senses (+1BS)
    Toxin Sacks
    Carapace
    All Scything Talons
    1x Venom Cannon
    2x Death Spitters
    Total of 499pts

Welcoming suggestions for any changes to this list or any suggestions for the next 500 pts. I think a carnifex or Hive Tyrant is on the cards.

Just used this force against 500 pts of Chaos Marines and won, but only because the remaining 2 marines and sorcerer ran off the tale edge. And also because my warriors actually did some damage, which i wasn't expecting. The broodlord however got blended by 4 heavy bolters in the first turn a) effectivly cutting my synapse in half and b) making me cry

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

You need some genestealers, right now your list is illegal because the broodlord has to have a retinue. Id also invest in some raveners and a carnifex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was unaware that he HAD to have a retinue. Where can i find this rule?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind. I had misread the codex. It does state as an HQ choice "One broodlord and a retinue of 5-11 genestealers"

But under 5th edition he would count as an upgrade character in the unit. So would the unit count as troops for purposes of capturing objectives as long as there is one nid left with the lord?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonhead View Post
    Nevermind. I had misread the codex. It does state as an HQ choice "One broodlord and a retinue of 5-11 genestealers"

But under 5th edition he would count as an upgrade character in the unit. So would the unit count as troops for purposes of capturing objectives as long as there is one nid left with the lord?
    The Broodlord and his retinue form a single HQ choice unit under the FoC, therefore they cannot capture objectives. This still holds true even in the unlikely event that the Broodlord dies before the Genestealers.

For explanations on what count as scoring units, please check page 90 of the rule book.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

This needs to be in the army list section

*punted*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

I am going to analyze your Army by Troops, then Recommendations, then Conclusion.

ARMY:

Broodlord: Ah, FINALLY! A list with a Broodlord. Actually, you don't need any of those upgrades on him. In a 500 point game, you should be able to massacre anything in your path, including Space Marines!!!!! However, watch out their bolters.

Hormagaunts: Get rid of the upgrades, THey are deadly enough in a 500 point game all alone. Perhaps you can leave the toxin sacs if you have enough points left over (although I highly doubt it). Maybe with the extra points, add some more hormagaunts.

Warriors: Good enough, but you've been spending too much points on these guys. Get rid of the EC, these guys are shooters, and will usually be out of range of bolters, heavy bolters, Lasguns, ect. If you can, try to put in a Dakkafex (Carnifex+2 Twin Linked Devourers+Enhanced Senses) for 108 points, by saving the points i recommended you to save.

RECOMMENDED THINGS TO DO:

Take off the Toxin Sacs, EC, and Flesh Hooks, and add the Retinue on teh Broodlord.

Take off the Upgrades on the Hormagaunts, maybe add some more Hormies.

Take off the EC on teh Warriors, maybe try to replace them with a Dakkafex.

TACTICS

Infiltrate the Broodlord. Or, if you won't be able to reach the enemy for 2 turns from the closest spot, put them as far as you can, behind the hormagaunts. Make the Hormagaunts as a firescreen and use them to tie up the enemy while the Broodlord advances. If you take off the upgrades and add more Hormagaunts,this should work fine. If you don't it might take a little bit of luck to make it. NOTE: watch out and DO NOT USE THIS STRATEGY if you are playing a board where you wont be able to reach the enemy by turn 4 with the Broodlord. Otherwise, just use the Infiltration strategy.

If you keep the Warriors, place them in cover with 24" of the enemy, and shoot away. If you put up the Dakkafex, move him towards the enemy as close as you can and start rattling off shots. If you can charge, charge.

Good luck!
    "What is Mercy? Does it taste Nice?" Hive Tyrant on Reth V

"Kill-kill! Death to the Enemies of the Horned Rat!" Warlord Bweekq at the Battle of Hrad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice, i'll try it

+ Reply to Thread