Warboss Mordgrim Footsloggers Mob 1000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

Warboss Mordgrim Footsloggers Mob 1000pts

Hey. After 2 games with my orks, I am having fun so far and I've used a fix force of foot and fast things so I've decided to try for a footslogging army for a little change so here the list i've made up for my next game.

Warboss Mordgrim Battle Footsloggers Mob 1500pts

HQ 1 - Warboss Mordgrim, Mega armour, Cybork body – 110
    HQ 2 - Big Mek Grakk Trekra, Kustom force field, Eavy armour, Shoota-skorcha – 95

Elites 1 – 9 Lootas - 135

Troops 1 – 20 Boyz, Shootas, 2 big shootas, Nob, Powerklaw, Bosspole – 170
    Troops 2 – 20 Boyz, Shootas, 2 big shootas, Nob, Powerklaw, Bosspole – 170
    Troops 3 – Deff Squig, 2 Big shootas – 85

Fast Attack 1 – 1 Warbuggy, Twin-linked Rokkits – 35
    Fast Attack 2 - 1 Warbuggy, Twin-linked Rokkits - 35
    Heavy Support 1 – Deff Dread, 2 Rokkits - 95
    Heavy Support 2 – 3 Big Gunz Kannons, 3 Ammo Runts – 69

Total – 999

Ill be facing tyranids for the first time with some dreads to back up my boyz, I should hopefully not have to much of a hard time killing the big bugs most likey 1 carni and broodlord.

My tactics will be proberly moving up and blasting as my bugs as possiable. Warboss will join a mob of boyz and help them if they happen to get in combat with stealers or warriors. Hopefully if i am lucky he can get in combat with the carni and kill it that will be a nice kill on his belt. Big mek join other mob of boyz and with the KFF save some of the army from the tyranid nasty weapons like the barbstrangler and stuff.

Cheers c&c and tactics to battle the bugs would be helpful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40 boys? For foot-slogging list? You are going to be a very sad panda when you learn the hard-way that orks need numbers. Ork boys are point-for-point the best thing in are army. You should definitely make sure you have a solid core (and for you I'd say no less than 3 mobs of 20, or two mobs of 30) before you start adding support units.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Uh...

I agree with Bruiser. Anything less than 30 boyz will have trouble lasting long, especially in 5th edition, where templates tear them apart.

Instead of rokkits, I'd give the Dread kustom mega blastas. It's only slightly more expensive and makes a big difference when fighting monstrous creatures and terminators. I'd consider giving them to both dreads, actually. They make a big difference.

For the points, I'd cut out the warboss in mega armor. He won't make too much of a difference, and more importantly, if you attach his to a unit of boyz, you'll grind their movement to a halt. You'd have to move the unit as if it's constantly moving through difficult terrain.

If you really like, you could drop a dread instead of the warboss, but in any case, don't use mega armor with him. Mega armor only works if they're in a trukk. On foot, they'll never make it anywhere.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree in the long run with grax and bruise, but he does seem to be playing a shooty list(kinda{shooty orcs ). I hope your Warboss can hold off a swarm 2 while the rest seem to blast away.
    Koodoes to a shooting themed Orc Army. Let us know how well your boyz can aim lol...

+ Reply to Thread