1500 Tourny list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Tourny list

This is my Hive Fleet Mantis' 1500pt army

HQ:

Hive Tyrant - 188
    Wings, Scything Talons, Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs, Toxic Miasma.

Hive Tyrant - 188

Elites:

3 Lictors - 240

Troops:

16 Hormagaunts - 192
    Toxin Sacs.

16 Hormagaunts - 192
    Toxin Sacs.

10 Genestealers - 230
    Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs.

Heavy Support:

Carnifex - 114 (120 )
    Twin-Linked Devourer, Twin-Linked Devourer, Enhanced Senses, Flesh Hooks, Toxin Sacs.

Carnifex - 148
    Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Enhanced Sense, Reinforced Chitin, Extended Carapace, Bonded Exoskeleton.

I have 1492pts, so I have 8pts and I'm going to invest that in Toxin Sacs on my Deathfex (what others know as Dakkafex).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ:

Hive Tyrant - 188

Hive Tyrant - 188
    You are only allow one winged HT

Elites:

3 Lictors - 240
    ok

Troops:

16 Hormagaunts - 192
    Toxin Sacs.

16 Hormagaunts - 192
    Toxin Sacs.
    Mixed results with these

10 Genestealers - 230
    I perfer feeder and flesh hooks for my genestealers

Heavy Support:

Carnifex - 114 (120 )
    Twin-Linked Devourer, Twin-Linked Devourer, Enhanced Senses, Flesh Hooks, Toxin Sacs.
    You do not need toxin sacs
    Carnifex - 148
    Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Enhanced Sense, Reinforced Chitin, Extended Carapace, Bonded Exoskeleton
    I think this cost more than 148 more like 188 but I do not have book with me currently

I hope this helps
    Bonekrusher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

I would suggest suggest changing your flying tyrant and walking tyrant to dakka tyrants. They are just too awesome of a unit to give up.

Maybe drop the scything talons on the genestealers and give them feeding tendrils.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will update my list accordingly.

I checked the link to carnifex/tyrant set-ups on this forum and I coppied the "Sniperfex" exactly how it said and it said 148pts.... i calculated it out to 208, but I just assumed I did my math wrong because this forum said it was 148.

I'm not going to change the list now, I'm going to do some games and see what happens
    Last edited by Demonboy; July 26th, 2008 at 05:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonboy View Post
    I will update my list accordingly.

I checked the link to carnifex/tyrant set-ups on this forum and I coppied the "Sniperfex" exactly how it said and it said 148pts.... i calculated it out to 208, but I just assumed I did my math wrong because this forum said it was 148.

Check out the changes, not everyone's advice was added. Reason: personal preferance/maintaining the style of my army.
    A standard sniper fex that costs 148 points has ... venom cannon, barb strangler, and enhanced senses.

Yours has: Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Enhanced Sense, Reinforced Chitin, Extended Carapace, Bonded Exoskeleton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd turn one of the tyrants into a walking tyrant with devourers and tyrant guard. some more synapse would defenetly be handy, as most 1500pt armies can take out 2 tyrants in 2 rounds of shooting, and then you lose synapse controll. believe me, that is NOT good!!!! lol! i try not to give biomorphs to my troops choices, best to keep the cheep units cheep! also, you could maby drop the devourer fex for some biovores. with the new 5th ed template rules, bio acid spore mines could be quite effective against most armies. other than all that, the list seems really good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ:

Hive Tyrant - 188
    This is an incorrect points cost. Also, if you can use Adrenal Glands (+WS) along with toxic miasma to get an effective +2 WS, plus AG is cheaper than TM. Toxin sacs are an expensive upgrade that don't add much to your effectiveness. Lose them unless you are using guns. Add flesh hooks. You will be assaulting most units in cover and ,unless you have FH, they will strike first. Consider Warp Field for added survivability.

Honestly, I'd rather play with a dakka tyrant, but that's just personal preference.

Hive Tyrant - 188
    As said, you can only use one winged tyrant. Consider using a 2x devourer tyrant: enhanced senses, toxin sacs: 121pts

Elites:

3 Lictors - 240
    Lictors are a big points sink at this level. I would suggest dumping them entirely for outflanking genestealers, or using only one.
    Troops:

16 Hormagaunts - 192
    Toxin Sacs.

16 Hormagaunts - 192
    Toxin Sacs.
    No experience with hormies, so not sure about them, really.

10 Genestealers - 230
    Toxin Sacs are unnecessary. Genestealers cause most of their damage through rending, which toxin sacs doesn't help (unless you're attacking t8 creatures... which I'm not sure exist) and are very expensive. Also, definitely add either Flesh Hooks (to attack people in cover) or Feeder Tendrils (reroll to-hit rolls). Both are cheap and vastly improve effectiveness.

Heavy Support:

Carnifex - 114 (120 )
    The flesh hooks are almost useless. Toxin sacs are definitely useless. Consider adding bonded exoskeleton and reinforced chitin, if you can spare the points: Both make the fex considerably tougher.

Carnifex - 148
    Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Enhanced Sense, Reinforced Chitin, Extended Carapace, Bonded Exoskeleton.
    Venom cannons aren't so hot at killing tanks anymore (the barbed strangler will do just as well), so you might want to consider going all-blast with a twin-linked deathspitter. With two blast weapons, you won't need enhanced senses, and the fex becomes a lot cheaper.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Extended Carapace on fexes. Usually, squads will be shooting anti-tank at you, usually with ap2 or 1 shots, where 2+ over 3+ really doesn't make much difference.

Also, for Heavy Support, consider getting a few zoanthropes with warp blast. This really is the best option for anti-tank, plus you can set up a psychic choir (3x zoan with psychic scream + 2 tyrants with it as well, for cumulative -5LD) or extra synapse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made my fexes based on the advice of this forum. I'm going to re-do my Tyrants.

Honestly I dont think you guys know what your talking about. Everyone this forum contradicts each other and I dont know who is right and who is wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that can happen! In reality, everyone will always have their own opinion of what THEY prefer and what THEY find works best. I.e. for me, I’ve never had much success with lictors, so I wouldn't recommend using them, but I know other people who use them heaps and get great success! So ultimately everyone will always have a different idea of what is "best" not so much that:

"I don’t think you guys know what your talking about. Everyone this forum contradicts each other and I don’t know who is right and who is wrong."

I recon that there really is no RIGHT or WORNG. The great devourer works in such a way that we will eventually consume all!!!!! So just listen to what the hell you want to and ignore everyone else’s crap if u chooses!! Lol! Oh and by the way, I’m in no way having a go or criticizing anyone just making a statement!

BUGGGS!!!

zim
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

besides the fact only one tyrant can be winged... make one shooty and one CC (preferbably winged shooty now that models can 'sprint') warp field is a need... since tyrants are one of the few 'nids who can hit on 3+ with ES, it's kinda begging to be shooting xD. take out lictors for 1): another 10 stealers or 2): 3 warp blasting, synapse zoanthrope with a few more gaunts (or make some kind of mixture). and yes toxin sacs on devourer fex is useless with top S6 on those guns. sniperfex don't completely suck, all that happened was venom cannon just can't direct pop tanks, but can still pop open topped ones and Barbed Stranglers are use for sicne you no longer roll you hit with fex BS.

+ Reply to Thread