2500 pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2500 pt list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 pt list

Enclosed is my 2500 point army list, All crisis suits must stay! although weapons can change.

HQ-Shas'o
    -HW MT
    -HW DC
    -2x Shield Drones
    -TL BC -Shield Generator(157)
    -Cyclic Ion Blaster
    Bodyguard-3x Shas'vre
    -2x TL MP -3x HW MT
    -3x BC -TL PR
    -3x HW DC -3x Shield Drone
    -3x TA (279)
    Elites
    =3x Shas'ui
    -Shas'vre -3x HW DC
    -3x Shield Drone -3x HW MT
    -3x MP -3x PR (241)
    =3x Shas'ui
    -Shas'vre -3x HW DC
    -3x Shield Drone -3x HW MT
    -2x TL FB -TL PR
    -FB -2x PR (263)
    =6x Shas'ui
    -Shas'vre -Markerligh
    -6x TA (260)
    Troops
    =10x Shas'la
    -1x Shas'ui -Marker Drone
    -10x Photon -Gun Drone
    -1x HW DC (160)
    =10x Shas'la
    -1x Shas'ui -Marker Drone
    -10x Photon -Gun Drone
    -1x HW DC (160)
    =10x Shas'la
    -1x Shas'ui -10x Photon
    -10x EMP -HW DC
    -Bond KNife -Marker Drone
    -Gun Drone -Devilfish (275)
    =10x Shas'la
    -1x Shas'ui -10x Photon
    -10x EMP -HW DC
    -Bond KNife -Marker Drone
    -Gun Drone -Devilfish (275)
    Heavy
    =Hammerhead
    -Railgun
    -Pair of Burst Cannons (150)
    =Hammerhead
    -Railgun
    -Pair of Burst Cannons (150)
    =1x Shas'ui
    -Shas'vre -HW DC
    -TA -2x Shield Drones (130)

40,000- 7,000 Points Chaos Space Marines=18 and 17
    40,000- 2,500 Points Tau Empire=1 and 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone critique my list and maybe help me out a bit, its been a couple of days with no responses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bodyguard

The bodyguard on your HQ is illegal, you can have at most 2 additional crisis suits to an HQ slot. You might as well change the bodyguard into 2 HQ choices. While your changing your HQ makeup, make that Shas'O a Shas'El with a Targeting Array and you get the BS of an 'O without the 15 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KingPin
    Can anyone critique my list and maybe help me out a bit, its been a couple of days with no responses.
    People would if you had included more substance to your list, such as a synopsis of what each unit is planed to do or how the whole list is supposed to work tougher besides, "I kill u, gg."

Another big turn off is the way you have your data outlined, and for the love of all that is little plastic army men put some paragraphs in there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I must have misread that section thank you for correcting me on the bodyguard options. IF you can't tell this is my first foray into the Tau. I like the idea of the 2 HQ choices each with a bodyguard I only hope I can squeeze it in for that point value that I am trying to hit. As for the battle plan here it goes. The crisis suits will choose to either deep strike or start on the board depends on terrain and mission. The plan for all of them is simple, hunt and kill. Utilizing jump shoot jump as a offensive and defensive attack plan it should work fruitfully. The crisis suits will work in motion with the two mounted fire warrior squads moving firing moving and both will support each other. The hammerheads will provide anti-tank/MC or anything that deserves a rail gun shot and same with the lone broadside. The two foot slogging squads will do whatever is needed of them be it hold objectives or provide fire support. Also I have equipped the crisis suits accordingly to handle any threat. The stealth suits will most likely infiltrate and will give support to any unit that needs it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is your first time you sure got a lot of points, but if you can make a splash why not?

FYI, if your suits don't have a MP you are missing out.

If you can find the room add another Broadside.

Good luck and Let us know how your battle went.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help so far I should be off to GW tomorrow night for a battle and we shall see how my list fares.
    Last edited by KingPin; August 3rd, 2008 at 18:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I AM VICTORIOUS!!!!!!!!! FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!! I switched it up with the hq choices as you fine gentlemen suggested and made it two lesser hqs instead of one fully amped one. I wound up playing a necron play (hold for shivers).................. and as soon as he saw the three rail guns I set out he decided to not play any liths. He went with a crap load of warriors of course with 10 immortals a lord, couple of tomb spiders, big scarab swarms, lots of heavy and regular destroyers some wraiths and a big squad of flayed ones. We played annihilation and it wound up being table quarters for deployment and we ended up being as far away from each other as possible (i deployed first) first couple turns were pretty dull, very few casualties on either side and not much blown up. After his destroyers got close enough to be shoot and shot at all hell broke loose. with two rounds of amazingly well decided target priority I was able to wipe out 2 squads of destroyers, 2 squad of heavies, all his scarabs, his wraiths, and his flayed ones. Sixth turn came around before his warriors even really got into the fight and i squeaked by with a 350ish point victory!!! My first foray into the tau and I came out on top! We used victory points to calculate victory instead of kill points like in 5th edition, but in 5th edition kill points rule I would have come out on top killing 7 units to his 4 kills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice, Congrats on the win!

I always get annoyed when people wait to build there lists when you tell them what you have, but oh well, it's a win in its on way.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that is a bit annoying when people do that. I didn't tailor my list to necrons so why should he get to tailor his list to tau, people just need to make general lists for point values. Plus I really wanted to watch a monolith go down in flames.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast