2000 max troop semi-mech tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 max troop semi-mech tau

This is my first list for 5th edition.

HQ

shas el, twin fusion, Mp 80
    shas el, twin flamer, MP 68

Total 148

Pretty much just using them like normal crisis suits, adding some more 3+ ballistics to my standard suit teams. One is for anti MEQ and possibly armor

Elite

2 x crisis, twin flamer, mp 86
    2 x crisis, twin mp, ta 106
    2 x crisis, plasma, fusion, Mt 124

Total 316

standard death rains of course pa and fusion teams for damn marines and armor, flamer teams for pesky hordey bastards or buggers that gets too close, surely twin linking flamers is more useful than MP since there's more chance at wounding entire units.

Fast Attack

6 x pathfinder 72
    5 x pathfinder 60
    2 x devilfish, dec, disp 180 (they are for my fire warriors though)

Packing 11 marker lights, so should be able to surivive for more than one round. Of course that means i'd better kill the threats that can return fire to the pathfinders first, their devilfish are used to ship my fire warriors

Total 276

Troops

4 x 12 fw 480
    2 x devilfish, dec, disp 180
    2 x 16 Kroots 224

Total 884

firewarriors teams surives and works so much better in armor imo. I think FoF is still viable if the enemies aren't on terrains higher than the devilfish. Kroots are there to flank and keep objectives. This is alot of troops for the enemies to deal with, especially now that devilfish are harder to kill.

Heavy Support

Railhead, burst, disp, dec, mult 170
    Railhead, burst, disp, dec, mult 170

Total 340

Got to have some rail guns in my forces I prefer hammerheads cause my broadsides always manages to get charged by jump pack fookahz during 4th ed games

2000 points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

what's the point of that other shas'el with twin linked flamers? the flamers defeat the purpose of him being BS 4. Air bursting frag projector would still make use of his better BS but still ignore cover and deal with hordes. But I think you should give him plasma as well.

I'd still rather have the twin linked missile pods and a single flamer as you'll get more use out of the missile pods and the flamers are "oppurtunity" weapons.

Other than that I'd say this is a decent list that could give a lot of people a lot of trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good call, it's a pity I don't use magnets.... already had to rip that shasel's arm off once.....

+ Reply to Thread