1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts

Hey everyone now with 5th ed need a new list. So I was just throwing ideas around in my head, this is what i came up with. A NOTE: I do really like the first Half of the army list anything below the dotted line is in preference to change, also got 40 points to spare.

Anyway thanks for your opinions and comments

The Prince.

Farseer: Doom, Guide, Spirit Stones = 120

Farseer: Doom, Guide, Spirit Stones = 120

Dire Avengers x10: Exarch, Bladestorm, Dual Catapults = 152

Wave Serpent : TL Shuriken Cannons = 100

Dire Avengers x10: Exarch, Bladestorm, Dual Catapults = 152

-------------------------------------------------------

Fire Dragonsx 6

Guardians x10 : EML = 100

Guardians x10 : EML = 100

Fire Prisms: Holofields, Spirit Stones =160

Fire Prisms: Holofields, Spirit Stones =160

total= 1460pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey evil prince. Have some advice for you. Sort of affects the first half of your list you like so much, so please take it with a grain of salt.

Those farseers have both doom AND guide. While doom can sometimes be helpful against DA targets, it is better suited for banshees and pathfinders, as they can easily pierce armor, but have trouble wounding. With two fireprisms and the new 5th ed small blast rules, guiding these would not be very necessary as with a BS4 they shouldnt have too much difficulty finding their marks. I'd say given a lack of overall piercing weaponry in your list, you may want one farseer with only mindwar, and the other with guide/doom. This will save you from having fixed role identical farseers.

DAs with bladestorm are quite effective, especially now in 5th ed where they can go to ground after unleashing their barrage. Once again though Eldar forces are best when versatile, and by having shuriken cannons on their wave serpents you put those squads into fixed roles. The DAs inside are more than capable of anti-mobing so BL would be a more sensical addition to their weaponry for some anti tank and thus makes these squads dual threats.

However it does make sense to have the dragon serpent equipped that way as they are more than capable of dealing with tanks and good armor save opponents. Plus then you'll be less likely to hang back shooting with the dragons serpent. I also like the dual fireprisms, but unlike many eldar players I disagree with putting all the bells and whistles on them in the form of holofields AND spirit stones. With the 90 pts youd save from those, you could almost have another whole fireprism!

I'm not a big fan of on foot guardian squads with DA heavy armies as you're paying more points for what a vyper can do more efficiently and with more speed. You could have three separate vypers with EMLs for less points than those two squads.

Hopefully some of this can you make you think of how your army works together. Best of luck and have fun with it.
    -Alaitoc Ranger Force (1850pts)
    -Nucleonauts (started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to add something about the farseers. I think 2 with guide is reasonable, as you can guide each of your units to great effect. However, re:doom, I imagine you will be focusing your army on a small part of you opponents (maybe 1 squad at a time), so I would think only 1 doom is necessary.

So my thoughts are: 1: guide, doom, SS and 1: guide

that said, 1:guide, doom, SS and 1: mindwar seems pretty cool too

or maybe even 1:guide, doom, SS and 1:mindwar, guide, SS though that option is pricey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thank you both for you contributions. I figure if i justified the choices and maybe gave an insight into some tactics that i thought i would use might help.

Both the Farseers were going to go with the DA. They would guide the DA, doom the enemy and blade storm. Mathhammering this ( squad+ exarch) leaves me with an average 21.646 wounds against T4 and 25.321 wounds against T3. Of course armour saves come in to play but even marines are bound too statistically lose 7 men, enough to seriously gut the squad.

The idea behind the TL Shuriken Cannons is too keep the transports as cheap as possible, as they would only be used to get the DA were they are needed, preferably an isolated one or two squads. Turn after Blade storm the same squad is doomed again but the DA leg it. I figured they dont always have to Bladestorm if the situation calls for it.

The idea with the Guardians would be just to hold,capture ground and support the DA when ever possible or take a chance at a take if there is nothing else to fire at. other options for this would be jetbikes but i dont think the squad size would be suitable for support for the whole game, instead i would have to go for the turn 5,6 grabs. never liked them though and the 3 vipers sounds appealling.

I'm still abit iffy about the Fire Prisms targeting tanks, (hadnt had much luck), though they can do it i figured they could be used to thinken my anti infantry fire and as such didnt need to target just the two squads that the DA are shooting.

so thats what i had in mind anyway tactically. hope it helped. still have that frustrating 40 pts left any ideas ?

The Prince.

+ Reply to Thread