500 pts friendly Crisis Suit Core - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pts friendly Crisis Suit Core

Hiya just started collecting tau a little while ago and havent had many games with them yet, just know that i want an army thats heavy on suits so if anyone can offer suggestions or even just tell me if this will work at all thatd be great thanks

HQ - Shas'el, twin plasma, missle pod, hard wired multi tracker, Bonding knife, hard wired drone controler w/ 2Gun drones
    bodyguard - 2 shas'vre, 2 x twin missle, 2 x plasma rifles, 2 x hardwired multi trackers
    - 278 pts
    Troop - Fire warriors - 6 -60 pts
    Troop - Fire warriors - 6 -60 pts
    Elite - Monat Crisis suit, burst cannon, missle pod, multi tracker -50 pts
    Elite - Monat Crisis suit, burst cannon, missle pod, multi tracker -50 pts
    - 498 pts

I'll be playing mostly nids, de and meq's so the basic idea is to use cover as much as possible having the monats wizzing around making a neusance of themselves and trying to split up the enemy forces while the fire warriors lay down a steady stream of fire and the HQ keeps shoot-n'-scooting to take down anything big or thin out the enemy numbers.

comments/suggestions appreciated thanks

Last edited by Dethcultist; August 3rd, 2008 at 01:23. Reason: got the points wrong

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Unfortunately, I think your two Monat Crisis Suits may be a bit different than what you are expecting them to be. When you buy two of one weapon, they become twin-linked (at the second cost listed, not the first). You can only re-roll missed to-hit rolls with these weapons, you don't actually get twice the shots, so the Multitrackers are a huge waste.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn your right, guess skimmed over that bit, editing now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make your HQ's into Monats/ IC’s so they can join X Elite Crisis squad.

The reason being is that BG's are more costly even though they do the same thing as Elites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spec.ops View Post
    Make your HQ's into Monats/ IC’s so they can join X Elite Crisis squad.

The reason being is that BG's are more costly even though they do the same thing as Elites.
    This is actually fairly important.

By putting the BG suits into an elite squad you have the opportunity to save yourself 20 points on cost. However, that said you also would need to do away with the twin linking of the MPs in order to get that to work (Another 12 points there).

So, you are essentially paying 32 points to twin link the MPs on two models.

The choice is yours to make of course. That's a fairly significant amount of points spent on twin linking 4 shots though. Without trying to be creative at all, you could add 3 more fire warriors, or upgrade 2 FWs to Shas'ui w/ bonding knives.

That said, I'm working on my 500pt friendly competition list now, and your posting this has aided in my own works. So, thank you.

+ Reply to Thread