400 pts War Walkers of DOOOOOOM!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

400 pts War Walkers of DOOOOOOM!!!

Hey all, this is my Combat Patrol list for my school league. I will be using it next year and will probably be my last chance to win so I'd really like to do well.

Troops
    4 Jetbikes
    -Inc 1 Shuri Can

Heavy Support
    2 War Walkers
    -Each has 2 Scatter Lasers

2 War Walkers
    -Each has 2 Scatter Lasers

1 War Walker
    - 2 Scatter Lasers

Total: 398 pts

I've already tried it out a couple of times and it's done well but I'm wondering whether there is any way to improve it. . .

Hey, I'm known as Solitaire on the great Forum Heresy Online. Check it out sometime. . .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ehm, do you play combat patrols with 5th edition rules? Because if so you might want to include more troops, unless you plan on keeping the bikes behind cover until you have softened the enemy up a little with your war walker... Definately keep the WW's in cover though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

How about doing this with the warwalkers

3 War walkers with 2 shuriken cannon each 120 pts
    3 War walkers with 2 shuriken cannon each 120 pts
    1 War walker with 2 scatter lasers 60 pts

Same cost as your current list but a few more shots and 2 more vehicles for bodycount. The range shouldn't be a problem in a 400 point game.
    Last edited by Mad Cat; August 5th, 2008 at 10:45.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately I have found out that against shooty armies like Tau I really need to be able to hit them and remain in cover so range is an issue. I know I'm lacking in the Troops department but was thinking that I could hopefully kill most of their Scoring Units with the Walkers and Turbo-Boost in last turn onto an objective with the bikes. Any other comments. . .

Hey, I'm known as Solitaire on the great Forum Heresy Online. Check it out sometime. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried shuriken cannons with outflanking? If you split up your walker squads, you might have a decent chance to come in on a side you want and then you can either try to get in cc or shoot em up at close-ish range. You can always keep the core unit of scatter lasers for range of course. In anything but annihilation, tying up s3/4 troops squads with one walker in close combat is hilariously awesome. 40-60 points make a total squad useless if you do it right (and get a bit lucky with outflanking). Of course if cc doesn't work out, you have a lot of options with that walker, most important of which is strength 6 weaponry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Autarch Myethis View Post
    I know I'm lacking in the Troops department but was thinking that I could hopefully kill most of their Scoring Units with the Walkers and Turbo-Boost in last turn onto an objective with the bikes.

you can't turbo boost into diff terrain. I'm not being picky, I just thought you should know. you can however boost to within 3 inches if you can, but a smart player will put his objective(s) deep in area terrain so you have to go in.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

+ Reply to Thread