2000 Pts. of Pure Jetbikes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Pts. of Pure Jetbikes

Ok so I really like jetbikes and a complete pure jetbike army would be really cool.
    So here it goes.

HQ
    Farseer, guide, fortune, spear

Troops
    6 squads of jetbikes all same: 4 jetbikes, shurk cann., warlock with spear and some power

Fast attack
    3 squads of 5 shining spears each, all decked out with skilled rider, withdraw, and shurk cannons

This should all be around 1850 to 2000 (46 jetbikes) give or take a squad or two, but let me know what you guys all think, I'm up for any critiquing/help I can get. Thanks

Last edited by Bogie; August 4th, 2008 at 23:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's gonna be fragile. I ran a list like that before and that's how it was. You need some armor. Falcons or Prisms. Something that can take a few hits. Something that has long range anti armor. Otherwise, I love bikes and encourage you to run a lot. They are fun.
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all you can't cast both powers in the same turn without stones, second you may as well take two cannons in the jetbike squads even if you do have to increase the numbers. third you need at least one vyper. fourth you have almost no need of skilled rider. you only take the test when you start or finish your movement phase in difficult terrain, and since they can't capture objectives I wouldn't bother.
    finally I like your style because I'm a huge fan of jetbike themed armies myself. sadly no matter how much we want them to be entirely jetbikes the end result needs some hitting power. you can still have a fast army though. I based my Saim-Hann around jetbikes and the slowest thing in my army is Swooping Hawks. Keep up the good work. lots of people make armies that work and are fantastic at result getting but a truly great player has character in his army whilst getting it to work. with a lot of practice I'm sure you can do that.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForceCommanderPaddy View Post
    you have almost no need of skilled rider. you only take the test when you start or finish your movement phase in difficult terrain, and since they can't capture objectives I wouldn't bother.

right...

it's not like they would want to assault the space marine heavy unit that's sitting right on top of the objective right? I mean, their lances would be too deadly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks guys, it was worth the suggestion. Maybe a falcon and or a vyper might make it a little more solid. anyway thanks for the tips ill put the advice to good work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well no they wouldn't because the marines would go first and smack them something awful. and forgive me for thinking that somebody would instead of assaulting, do that thing eldar are better at. let's see, what was it called?? oh yeah the Shooting Phase.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should give the Farseer a bike, though I presume you just forgot to type it down. . .
    Hey, I'm known as Solitaire on the great Forum Heresy Online. Check it out sometime. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should give your farseer a jetbike, you dont want him walking up the board while the rest of your army is miles ahead. also, i think adding a falcon or a couple of vypers would help a lot vs. armour. good luck! i love the theme

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForceCommanderPaddy View Post
    well no they wouldn't because the marines would go first and smack them something awful. and forgive me for thinking that somebody would instead of assaulting, do that thing eldar are better at. let's see, what was it called?? oh yeah the Shooting Phase.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

okay, seriously, the Eldar are good at EVERYTHING, as long as you take the right units for it. Obviously, guardian jetbikes just want to pump a crapload of shots in the enemy, but the 18" charge range of the Shining Spears (that are OBVIOUSLY meant for assaulting marines) is quite safe, but since you have low body count, you want skilled rider, simple as that.

+ Reply to Thread