1500 'balanced' - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 'balanced'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

1500 'balanced'

Eldrald Ulthran 210

10 Dire Avengers 167
    Exarch 2x shuriken catapults, bladestorm, defend
    10Dire Avengers 177
    Exarch, pw and shimmersheild, defend, bladestorm, (mounted in wave serpent)
    10 Guardians 95
    scatter laser
    5 pathfinders

10 Howling Banshee 192
    Exarch with mirrorswords war shout and acrobatics
    5 Harlequin

2 War Walkers 160
    4x EML
    Wraithlord 140
    wraithsword and bright lance
    Wave serpent 145
    spirit stones and twin linked bright lance.

The idea: pathfinders infiltriate and harass/proke enemy units. warwalkers can either rain plasma grendades from my rear lines or outflank and attempt to throw krack missles at the rear of enemy armor. the mounted DA's perform drive bys jumping from the serpent to bladestorm and then mount and move next turn. They can hold an enemy strategic point near the end of the game. the gaurdians grab an near strategic point. The harlequins wait in reserve, they will intercept units closing in on my line. The Banshee's and the second DA unit along with eldrald and the wraithlord advance up the middle to clash with the enemies main assault force. Withdrawing the DA's around turn four to grab an objective and the banshess to contest an enemy unit sitting on one.

Qualms: my center column is weak. should i swap the wraithlord for a second serpent?
    Is this army weak to large amounts of small arms fire?

Other advice is welcome. This is my first list after all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badxample View Post
    Eldrald Ulthran 210
    A little unfluffy due to the fact the you're taking so many aspect warriors, but otherwise ok.

10 Dire Avengers 167
    Exarch 2x shuriken catapults, bladestorm, defend
    10Dire Avengers 177
    Exarch, pw and shimmersheild, defend, bladestorm, (mounted in wave serpent)
    10 Guardians 95
    scatter laser
    5 pathfinders
    Good. I would try to find points for a Warlock with Conceal to join the Guardians, but you don't have to as long as you make sure to keep them in cover.
    If you could get a second Wave Serpent for the second DA squad, it would add alot more mobility and help with securing objectives.

10 Howling Banshee 192
    Exarch with mirrorswords war shout and acrobatics
    5 Harlequin
    I tend to think that War Shout is a waste of points, because the enemy has to fail a leadership check for it to work. The Banshees would also fair better if you could find the points to give them a Wave Serpent.
    I would drop the Harlequins, a 5 man squad with no Shadowseer will die before it does any damage. The points would be better spent towards a Wave Serpent for the Banshees.

2 War Walkers 160
    4x EML
    Wraithlord 140
    wraithsword and bright lance
    Wave serpent 145
    spirit stones and twin linked bright lance.
    Replacing the Wraithlord's sword with a missile launcher would make for a great tank-busting unit if you can find the points.
    Also, for future reference, you should list the Wave Serpent with the unit it is transporting, as it's a dedicated transport, not a heavy support choice.
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Yea i'm not too concerned with fluff. I have thought a bout shearing some points by using a basic farseer, but for his point cost and what he's got Eldrald just brings so much to the table.

I sense a general trend in your post towards more serpents. From the sound of it u want all my units mounted in serpents. A nice idea but we're starting to get oftly expensive. I could lose the wraithlord and the harlequins and get a 2nd wave serpent (one for a DA squad and one for the banshees.) doing so free's up about 85 points. I had liked the 5 man harlequins as a unit to hold out of los and only use them should an enemy contend strategic points near my end of the board. I could use the free points towards a warlock with conceal perhaps, but a waste of points if the guardians camp a strategic point that's in cover (which would be ideally what i use them for.)

What should eldrald do, run solo, join the banshee's? join the mounted DA, or join the footslogging da's?

would you describe this as a come to me army, a come to you army, or some where in the middle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand what you're saying, and about the Wave Serpents, and you don't need a completely mounted army, but i think that especially the banshees would benefit as even a heavy bolter will wound them on a 2+ and penetrate their armor.

It seems to me that your army plays mostly defensively but you do have some offensive units like the banshees and the mounted DA.

What you do with Eldrad really depends on what you want him to do with his powers.
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe

+ Reply to Thread