New Army Help. preeez? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Army Help. preeez?

so i've been an on-and-off 40k player for about 8 years, and at first i started with tyranids. i have about a 2500pt army, i got them down.

but recently ive decided to start playing again, but with the eldar.
    so far my eldar army consists of:
    1 Farseer
    1 Autarch
    16 Guardians
    10 Dire Avengers
    2 War Walkers
    1 Fire Prism

now the next step, i think, should be close combat troops. probably scorpions. but that remains to be seen.

at this point im just asking if anyone has recommendations on how to use my army, or how to continue building it up. thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Farseers are good with doom, guide, stones and maybe a spear. Autarchs sadly are a bit of a waste apart from the winged fusion gun tank hunter or the bike mounted laser lancer joining shining spear units.

Troops: Guardians are ok. I keep mine cheap with 10 man and a shuriken cattapult for 85 points. It's up to you wether you bother to spend points on a conceal warlock for them but I don't. If you have an avatar nearby they all become fearles so this could be a better second HQ than the autarch.
    Dire avengers are good. Go for 10 with exarch and extra catt and bladestorm for 152 points.

War walkers: I like units of 3 with 2 scatter lasers each.

Prisms: Good with holofields & stones.

You have about 800 - 900 points here so I would get 10 banshees in a transport for some serious combat power. Use them with DOOM and they really shine. Then get another troop choice such as pathfinders or another 10 Avengers. Finally considder a wraithlord with EML & BL or some infiltrating scorpions.

This should get you to 1500 points. It is better to design the 1500 point list and post it in the army list forum before buying all the models to see what suggestions people make. Eldar are a very powerful army if designed and used right but they tend to be very unforgiving of mistakes and of badly designed lists.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mkay. so you think banshees would be better first?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is as much a question as it is an attempt to give advice... Would a second prism be worth it to you at this point? I feel that the additional flexibility of linking the prism shots, plus a second tank with decent armor, will really flesh out your heavy support.

What do people think, in general, about taking two prisms instead of one? My personal opinion is that, if you're taking one, might as well take two in order to really increase your armies effectiveness against 3+ saves and AV 14 tanks. Not to mention the fact that you get two pie plates a round to fire at 4+/5+/6+ sv hordes.
    Last edited by Maximilian; August 14th, 2008 at 01:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banshees might serve you better as you seem to be lacking in units that can deal with 2+ or 3+ saves.

Harlequins may serve you well too if you arm them with kisses, but they can be very unforgiving. Consider taking them as a counter-attack unit you can keep in cover until they are needed.

I would definitely suggest another troops unit, as they are more important than ever for capturing objectives.
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i was actually planning on going 2 prisms, and 3 war walkers w/scatter lasers (maybe guided by farseer muahahaha.
    i was also considering darkreapers.....but i think not until i get this army up on its feet. hehe.

and the banshees would come first i guess!
    and im guessing you need a wave serpent with that.

is there a limit on #of wave serpents?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is no limit to the number of wave serpents you can purchase however you can only purchase one wave serpent per unit as they are dedicated transports and I would recomend taking the banshees in a serpent.

I am a fan of the wraithlord Bl ML combo as it is a cheap anti tank weapon and has the ability to do some damage in combat against tanks and elite infantry alike.

If you are looking for a second hq choice to go with the farseer the avatar is the best option. If you take the farseer with fortune and fortune the avatar he is pretty hard to kill. Unfortunetly autarchs are not that great in my opinion and are really a waste of points.

When equipping your guardians i prefer 10 man squads with a scatter laser but somtimes if you need anti tank a bright lance is worth it.

Dark Reapers are a great unit especially if you face lots of MEQs
    I like taking an exarch with fast shot and missile launcher or exarch with reaper launcher and crack shot. usually these guys do well in a maxed out squad of 5

Hope I helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so heres my new list for stuff to buy (when i get 300 random dollars)

10 banshees
    10 scorp
    1 fire prism
    2 wave serpents
    1 more war walker
    another squad of dire avengers

....maybe an avatar?

and ok. anyone recommend phoenix lords?

i think that 2 fire prisms are good for anti tanking, war walkers good for cleaning up mobs of orks and guardsmen and gaunts. and all other shitty infantry.
    farseer for support.

idk though. im still a novice eldar player.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*punted to army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know i know. think id get more feedback there?

+ Reply to Thread