[1000] Friendly / Cheesy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] Friendly / Cheesy

Hey everybody!

I'm working out some ideas for my army. I have plenty of models to build (two of the Assault Brood boxes) and I don't want to rush building before I get a good list down. As of right now, I'm limited to what's included in the boxes (12 Warriors, 32 Stealers, 32 Hormies, 32 Gaunts, 6 Carnifex)

The list I'm considering actually comes out to 1005pts, but my friends and I are rather easy-going as far as points go. My main concern with this list is the long-range Warriors providing synapse for the close-range hormies and termies. I wouldn't be fully opposed to building some CC Warriors. The three Carnifex is probably a terrible idea, but I did say this list was cheesy, didn't I? As far as the swarm sizes go, I personally hate running them that small, but I'd rather break them up to keep them as separate targets, although keeping them together would make Synapse coverage much easier. Honestly, I'm fine with larger or smaller squads.

As of right now, the armies I'll be facing are tank-heavy Imperial Guard, elite-heavy Eldar, tank-heavy Space Wolves and Berserker-heavy Chaos Marines.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

HQ
    Warriors x 5
    - Deathspitters, Scything Talons
    - Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace

Troops
    Genestealers x 6
    - Feeder Tendrils

Genestealers x 6
    - Feeder Tendrils

Hormagaunts x 8
    - Toxin Sacs

Hormagaunts x 8
    - Toxin Sacs

Gaunts x 8
    - Fleshborers

Gaunts x 8
    - Fleshborers

Heavy Support
    Carnifex
    - Scything Talons, Scything Talons
    - Adrenal Glands (WS), Bio-Plasma

Carnifex
    - Twin-linked Devourer, Twin-linked Devourer
    - Enhanced Senses

Carnifex
    - Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon
    - Enhanced Senses

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I wouldn't really change anything!!! Based upon what you have (models wise) I think it's quite a good list! Only thinks that I would change would to maybe drop a warrior and convert him into a broodlord (a fun conversion to do!) and make the others an elite choice. Also maybe drop the bimorphs off the gaunts + stealers to buy extended carapace for a geenstealer retinue, but that's just me. I try to keep my troops cheap as possible! I agree that the gaunt squads are a bit too small, but considering your circumstances, I would do the same thing. Also, a lost of people dislike having multi tasked units, i.e. warriors either combat or ranged, but I think talons and deathspitters are a good combo!! Nice list!!!!
    Dark Eldar: 9/1/2 Winning streak: 6
    Tyranids: 16/3/4 Winning Streak: 8
    inquisition:4/0/3 Winning streak:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason for having the Scything Talons on the Warriors was more for a concern of points than a concern of creating a hybrid Warrior. If my warriors were to get tied up in close combat, I know the Scything Talons would help, but I don't ever hope to have to find out

I've been testing this list out over at The Tyranid Hive and I've actually made a few adjustments. It's really not all that different from the current list seeing as there have only been a few minor changes. I still haven't added Extended Carapace to my Genestealers, but I'm sure in a higher point game or a slightly modified list they wouldn't be all that hard to fit in -

HQ
    Warriors x 5
    - Deathspitters, Scything Talons
    - Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace

Troops
    Genestealers x 6
    - Feeder Tendrils, Scuttlers

Genestealers x 6
    - Feeder Tendrils, Scuttlers

Gaunts x 16
    - Fleshborers

Gaunts x 16
    - Fleshborers

Heavy Support
    Carnifex
    - Twin-linked Devourer, Twin-linked Devourer
    - Enhanced Senses

Carnifex
    - Enhanced Senses

Carnifex
    - Enhanced Senses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I personally like your new list much better. Hormagaunts weren't all that great of a choice in 4th and I think they have only gone downhill with 5th what with being expensive weak buggers.

The only other thing I see is the Carnifexes. I think that in the current edition the Sniperfex has really lost is usefulness. Maybe consider making the BS's TL on one? They were awesome in 4th but with the reduction in glancing and Blast's now always scattering I think we're going to have to rethink our staple Sniperfex.

Otherwise I really like your new list. Good luck with it.

+ Reply to Thread